Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AO Universe Developer Interviews #1: Kintaii

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Rules for designing MMO armor (over time)

1. Start out flat and "boring" with basic color schemes.
    2. Add more color schemes.
    3. Increase size of shoulder pads and helmets.
    4. Add spikes to shoulderpads and helmets.
    5. Add spikes and special effects to backarmours. Wings if at all possible.
    6. Increase size of shoulderpads and spikes.
    7. Repeat number 6 into infinity.
    qft!
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Haha
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Looks like you've really listened to pet profs concerns with the new pvp area.

oh wait.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

The area really doesnt look that bad for pet profs, what would you prefer a wide open area with nothing in it? There's buildings players can jump on, but the pets can path up the old school buildings.

So?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

So, you honestly think that area looks good for pet pathing....

If people kite around those buildings you may aswell terminate pets.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Or move yourself to one of those larger open areas that I can see, if they are going to kill you they do need to actually come to you in the 1st place.

Like I said before, short of making the whole thing just some empty zone with an outer wall, there's no way they can make a zone and not have pet pathing issues that players will have to work around.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

As far as I can see, the open spaces to the edge of the town is a poorly textured cliff, the open areas are much less than 40m wide allowing you to kite around buildings.

your an idiot

There's an area of about 40ish in front of the bar, and then there's the whole other side of the map we haven't seen yet. There looks like there's most likely an open area between the 2 large towers as well.

The map could do with having another blast hole in it that would be big enough for a pet based fight.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Theres also the little matter of how much of the map is 0%, ive heard different opinions.

Also, if I can fight omnis, will tabbing be changed to let me tab everyone with tab only?

your an idiot

Can female toons wear the suspenders? Just put white tank top underneath for the female mesh.

or just the suspenders =D
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    or just the suspenders =D
    this
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    There is no spoon, only Zuul.
    ...wait!
    Zuul is your father!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Hope I get special offer too, as I had to pay my 1 month sub this month, or maybe it's just for new accounts...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Kinda worrisome that the "new player experience" is described as extensive rework, and it'll go live with the graphics engine as I recall being said...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I got a sad feeling that they are going to take the AoC hand holding new player concept and apply it to AO.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Rules for designing MMO armor (over time)

1. Start out flat and "boring" with basic color schemes.
    2. Add more color schemes.
    3. Increase size of shoulder pads and helmets.
    4. Add spikes to shoulderpads and helmets.
    5. Add spikes and special effects to backarmours. Wings if at all possible.
    6. Increase size of shoulderpads and spikes.
    7. Repeat number 6 into infinity.
    Your post reminded me of how much I miss playing Dungeon Runners while waiting on raids to form up.... killing giant rat creatures with weapons named silly things like the "Cardboard Beaver Beater of the Awesome Dung Beetle" or the "Uber Amazing Longsword of Pure PWNage".
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jun 17th, 2010 at 22:31:00.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

could just make the pvp area a pit, nowhere to run and hide, about the same size as the decon chamber on the BS, fight till u die sort of thing, who cares about running around anyway, and staying alive is over rated! altho, some kind of kill counter in there for a vp reward would be fun, with a solo/team reward handed out when the BS starts.

Quote Originally Posted by thermonuked View Post
    could just make the pvp area a pit, nowhere to run and hide, about the same size as the decon chamber on the BS, fight till u die sort of thing, who cares about running around anyway, and staying alive is over rated! altho, some kind of kill counter in there for a vp reward would be fun, with a solo/team reward handed out when the BS starts.
    Or better make it swimming pool with island in middle, so ranged can shoot at swimming infantry
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Kinda worrisome that the "new player experience" is described as extensive rework, and it'll go live with the graphics engine as I recall being said...
    Yes. I think we need to lay some new foundations and test them before the engine comes out.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast