Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek Roleplay Awareness Event Idea

Omni-Tek Roleplay Awareness Event Idea

Hey guys,

Ok, so one of the main problems that we seem to agree on at the moment is lack of active RP’ers. I’ve been thinking of ways to advertise Omni RP and hopefully bring in more roleplayers as well as being a fun event for current roleplayers. Not only will this event advertise roleplay in general, but will also advertise the OAM and will provide new roleplayers the opportunity to get straight in and interact with the roleplaying community. Please have a read through and let me know what you guys think. ARK input would be greatly appreciated since this event would heavily depend on you guys for the department representatives.

The Event: Omni-Tek Recruitment Day

Description: Omni-Tek is holding a recruitment expo at [location]. A representative of all the different Omni-Tek departments will be present at the expo to explain to employees what their department is about and to recruit willing employees. Also at the event will be current Omni-Tek affiliates who will also aid in explaining what they do once their application has been accepted and how to get involved with the OAM.

Location: I’d like to leave this to you guys and see where we mostly agree would be better. However it does need to be a fairly large and open area with room for the expo, and obviously needs to be somewhere accessible and safe.

Why: As I stated above, this will provide a great opportunity to advertise both Omni-RP as well as the OAM, and is also a fantastic opportunity to get the community together and hopefully bring in more roleplayers.

When: I don't want to put a date on this as i just want to see what everyone thinks of it first.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

This sounds oddly familiar

As I pointed out here an idea like this needs to put into motion and really needs to be a cooperative effort with the RP Base and ARK events.

I'll be getting in touch with you to discuss this idea further from the Player side.

And I think Baboons would work best since it's a series of tubes, I mean, Rooms, which will allow the Affiliates and Directors to stagger themselves better.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    This sounds oddly familiar
    Not really. this idea is good. yours was to make the arks job 10 times as big as it is
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Not really. this idea is good. yours was to make the arks job 10 times as big as it is
    Here's an Idea. Quit hating. Thanks.

On behalf of everyone who doesn't RP, please hold this in SAV thanks.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    The extemely low amount of people in the game then? Half of which don't have a end game toon?

You'll find majority of people care about the storyline and RP in small ways. Most Omnis hate Clans and vice versa, thats RP. Most people are bothered about Omni in Bore, again RP.

Heck even the expansions of the game are related to the storyline, which again is RP; oh and and the majority of player ran events atm are RP-PVP. So it's not like we sit their rolling dice seeing if my goblin hit your dungeoun master. We do engange in Notum Wars and other pvp/ pvm aspects some of us moreso than people who "hate rp'ers cos we cant do anything".

So yes. For people don't RP? The very few. Admittadely they won't RP near as much as some of the people you see in this particular forum but still RP. So yes, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    On behalf of everyone who does RP, stop playing role playing games if you don't like roleplayers.

Funcom employee

Now now, guys - Don't take the troll bait. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Calling MassDerbater a troll is giving him too much credit, imo.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Everyone who played D&D knows the only way to kill trolls is with flame.

Acid bath works good too.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The event idea people? What do we think of that? :P lol

I'd be more worried of getting more clan sided RP'ers.. Atleast on RK1
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Don't think that the directors would show up for something like that. For some of them it would seem very out of character (Wannja, Zora, Rhees, McVert for example) and what it would do is paint a big bullseye on the area where such a thing would be done for every radical and militant clanner out there.

Another aspect is the manpower required, the events team is unable to get every director to the meeting and for this to work the way it was proposed they would need twice as many people doing that work. Don't think it can be done.
    Jane "Lylith" Doe - former Omni-Pol employee - There is no knowledge that is not power.

I don't think it would have to be the Directors showing up for such a recruitment event. Could very well be some "disposable" human resources characters from every relevant department.

Apart from that, to echo Ciyanid: I don't think we've got a big attendance issue at the OT meetings right now, or even a lack of RPers on RK1 in general. If I'd have to identify an issue, it's the fact that there isn't a lot of "random" interaction going on right now.

As for the event idea itself, a more appropriate setting for it might be within the ARK tours that are being run every now and then. The primary audience for a recruitment event would be newcomers that are still trying to find their bearings and looking for inspiration on which path to take. The usual tours we see are locations. A different type of tour could instead be leading us to see all the different department HQs, where the tour guide would take five minutes each to explain the purpose, how to get in touch and the likes. If this were to make an impact, it would have to be of a scale that it could be repeated quite frequently in order to actually reach the interested newcomers.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    I don't think it would have to be the Directors showing up for such a recruitment event. Could very well be some "disposable" human resources characters from every relevant department.

Apart from that, to echo Ciyanid: I don't think we've got a big attendance issue at the OT meetings right now, or even a lack of RPers on RK1 in general. If I'd have to identify an issue, it's the fact that there isn't a lot of "random" interaction going on right now.

As for the event idea itself, a more appropriate setting for it might be within the ARK tours that are being run every now and then. The primary audience for a recruitment event would be newcomers that are still trying to find their bearings and looking for inspiration on which path to take. The usual tours we see are locations. A different type of tour could instead be leading us to see all the different department HQs, where the tour guide would take five minutes each to explain the purpose, how to get in touch and the likes. If this were to make an impact, it would have to be of a scale that it could be repeated quite frequently in order to actually reach the interested newcomers.
    The thread seems to focus on a problem in Rimor, fortunately Atlantean doesn't have that issue.

My personal opinion of the idea, is one word: excellent!

Ura's suggestion about disposable TLC's is good, and practical. It would allow the characters representing each department to have more leeway and not be limited by the official storyline Directors which in theory at the first sign of a problem would have to evac.

IMHO maybe having each expo on a few departments instead of all of them would allow for the event to be run every few months, so that all year round OT would be recruiting (as they should).

Keep up the good work Agentcora.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

From storyline perspective, the idea about disposable department LTCs is very nice for the reasons you guys listed.

The problem with them however is that they need someone to play them. Right now we have four active omni legacy players (I'm not joking there.)

So, to be honest, I did have a moment of "Hmm, it would be very nice to have LTCs for various departments" but my next thought was "It's a real shame we can't do it right now."
    Storyline Coordinator Nashedra
    ARK Events Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

You know from an IC standpoint, I've always considered actually trying to have a decent controlled and mature chat with some of the Omni-tek LTC's without resorting to outright pixel violence. Too bad that's not much of an option for me IC.

That's just a interjection, not really meant to be totally on topic.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I honestly don't see any reason why if an ARK who is capable of playing a Legacy Leader why they shouldn't bring a Legacy leader to such an event.

In reality, leaders of nations go out into the public all the time. They take a security detail and more often than not, everything is Hunky-Dory. So if they spawn Omni-Tek Guards in and around the Playfield, Security shouldn't be an issue from an IC perspective.

Given, if an ARK wants to attend but doesn't have a legacy leader to command I think a disposable, or a different Omni-Tek LTC, would work well to fill the role. But the purpose, as I understand it, is for this event to not only raise awareness of RP but to also win over the hearts of people who have been standoffish about participating. IMO, there's no better way to wow someone then to find themselves standing face-to-face with one of the most powerful people on the planet.

And as for whether or not they would attend such an event, I believe the answer is yes. While they may not be inclined to hang out at a bar with the rank and file employees every night, they would likely go to key events for one of several purposes:

1) Boosting Moral - Happy employees are productive employees.
    2) Moral Obligation - They set aside this time in their busy lives to thank those who have worked so hard to allow them to remain in the position they're in.
    3) Pourais forced them to. Not much explanation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Given, if an ARK wants to attend but doesn't have a legacy leader to command I think a disposable, or a different Omni-Tek LTC, would work well to fill the role. But the purpose, as I understand it, is for this event to not only raise awareness of RP but to also win over the hearts of people who have been standoffish about participating. IMO, there's no better way to wow someone then to find themselves standing face-to-face with one of the most powerful people on the planet.
    Agree.
    It's like that in the real world too. If the boss dosen't have the time, they send someone to represent them. So if Zora cant make it, he could always send his secretary or someone else
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast