Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Funcom employee Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Despite some of our members being on vacation it always seems like we are lucky if there is room to breathe. The cook who runs the office cafeteria makes fun of me for not having time to eat lunch. This week was nothing different. I went 2/5 for lunch.

With that really important detail out of the way...

Join the team!

Our Durham, North Carolina office is looking specifically for an "L33t AO player" to join our in-game customer service team:

Customer Service Representative

Before I receive 200 mails about this:

You need to be able to work in the USA.
    Yes...unfortunately you will have significant amount of contact with me.

This is an opportunity to cram a foot in the door.

New Services

Paid Name Change

Paid name changes are available for all characters of all levels. Been wanting a new name for 9 years? Now you can get it. 1000 paid points.

Create a Veteran Account

Create a sub-account to your current account. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course also retains these items. It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.

Die neue Welt Character Copy

Players with too many characters to have them all on one account can now use this service to move all their DNW characters to a new veteran account on DNW. Once moved to a new Veteran Account characters can be moved to RK1 or RK2. As this new account is a veteran account it will of course include 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course will also retain these items. 2000 paid points.

Birthday Number Nine!

Kintaii has put together an article containing some more detail about what we can look forward to for this year's birthday. It is available in this forum so I don't really know why I bothered waiting for him to post it before I wrote this. I can't believe we are nine. This was a jarring as finding out that attractive actress I saw on TV the other day was born in the 90's. Again...damn.

This weeks update:

This update will obviously contain this years' birthday goodies...and a few other things:

1. The Alien Missions currently available from the Daily Mission system have been temporarily removed from the game as we retool these playfields for the inclusion of the Alien Daily mission update. These missions were not scaling perfectly with the level of the player resulting sometimes in near "impossible missions". When they return in the update AFTER the birthday they will scale exactly to the level of the player and offer significant AXP rewards.

2. Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research. This should make "killing yourself" less necessary for those who really don't like to waste XP...and also hopefully less people miscalculating and accidentally leveling their twinks despite the fact that we have a "No XP" option. Should you choose to /terminate now your lost XP will also now go to pool when before it would have gone nowhere.

3. More fixes to Daily Missions.

Engine Video (or lack thereof)

I'd like to apologize for there not being a video available for the new engine yet. We are currently without a video producing guy here in the Oslo office for the last while and the chances of me getting it done (let alone making a good one) have been slim as my time has been more than occupied. I'm not sure at this point when we will be showing a video of the new engine...but the work is continuing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 18th, 2010 at 19:55:24. Reason: fixed CSR link
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

bouttime
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

first (EDIT: second) it hurts

=) first page ;D
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

first page :

gimme QL 300 MA-Attacks in Collector-Loottable
    RK1
    Corrgard 220 Doc
    Corgard 220 MA
    Corgards 220 MA
    Corgard1 168 Froob-MA

RK3
    nothing more

loved aniversary items
    Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere.

I love the veteran account and move a char out of account-option!
    Last edited by Blondenurse; Jun 18th, 2010 at 19:50:50.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

1st page <3
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

first page!

wooohooo!
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Customer Service Representative

You need to be able to work in the USA.
    Booo Hissss!

Sucks you have to be able to work in the USA
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

RE: CS rep:
    Link not working - also, are you saying Durham can't recruit locally anyone who has a clue about AO, or promote internally?

As for the lack of a video technician, why not hand out a few copies of the stand-alone new-engine client to some ppl who have already demonstrated the ability to make cool videos and let them produce something you can sign off on? NDA's and all that stuff, ofc.

"virtual items copied from the existing account."
    Does this mean that items bought on the original account, such as Jobe Lux apts, will copy to the vet account? And is the quantity of Paid Points on the master account (registration page) also copied to the vet account?
    Last edited by Dagget; Jun 18th, 2010 at 20:08:49.

Engine Video (or lack thereof)

I'd like to apologize for there not being a video available for the new engine yet. We are currently without a video producing guy here in the Oslo office for the last while and the chances of me getting it done (let alone making a good one) have been slim as my time has been more than occupied. I'm not sure at this point when we will be showing a video of the new engine...but the work is continuing.
    3 Year Anniversary of its announcement is coming up next week, you better get to work! That would be a nice way to commemorate the momentous occasion.

...and to make it extra special, you can change the panning camera sunset shot at the end of this one from Still Alive to Still Waiting.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Video part sucks... but you could post some random screenies ya know :P
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

You forgot the quotes in that URL tag so the link didn't work. I fixed it in the one above.

Are paying players also getting free VP and such this year just like we did last year? (Or was it AO's 7th birthday in 2008?)

I'de like to take a moment and ask what's happening to the rebalancing efforts of nanos/as/perks,

I guess someone though it was funny to bump another fwm exactly 1 year old where means said that "yes, these changes are comming really really soon now" and well, i kinda find it funny that here we are, 1 year later and almost nothing has changed in that aspect.

It's starting to begin to look like this has been put on hold, could you perhaps dwelve into this matter a bit (well actually a LOT deeper) when you find some time for it?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

First!

Well, first page. ;x
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Finally some nice things happen

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast