Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Now that the downtime for new update has been announced. Is it possible to have Preliminary Update notes posted in the official area?

I am really eager to see hat is in store next!

-- Ani

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Hi just fyi, Base on these changes, I can see the bigger problem that most people will complain, the 200M Capped pool size isnt gonna be enough especially for high TL5 & TL6. A couple of Daily mission is enough to build up a 200M pool. And 200m pool is easily cleaned within 5 lvls, and it is insufficient for lvls especially 175+

I have 4 char with 200M exp pool now even without the changes above, and another one coming up soon.

Chears.
    You think they should increase XP/SK pool? What about making the pool infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    That will be the new grind.

Let's see who can have the biggest xp/sk pool.

Reward:
    Every 100mil in your pool spawns a nodrop t-shirt that says, "I didn't level for 100 million XP & all I got was this lousy shirt" in a different color.

The color will be dependent on number of times received with an x1, x2, x3, etc. on the opposite side of the quote mentioned above.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxis View Post
    No, that one flew over your head. Metaplast was refering to a South Park episode.
    which one? thought i knew most of them
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    which one? thought i knew most of them
    Underpants Gnomes!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...iGnome.svg.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Hi just fyi, Base on these changes, I can see the bigger problem that most people will complain, the 200M Capped pool size isnt gonna be enough especially for high TL5 & TL6. A couple of Daily mission is enough to build up a 200M pool. And 200m pool is easily cleaned within 5 lvls, and it is insufficient for lvls especially 175+

I have 4 char with 200M exp pool now even without the changes above, and another one coming up soon.

Chears.
    You do know there was no XP pool and that it was put in place as something nice?
    You further know that a bunch of players despise this "care bear" mechanic?
    It is even used in nefarious ways.

I hope the devs draw some lines at some point.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Means: How about inviting me to the office, and i can film with my Canon EOS 550D while you show me the new engine in action!

I'm not sure if this is the last job that was posted or if it's another opening but it's in the same location as the other one.

http://funcom.easycruit.com/intranet...1/27106?iso=gb

There is also a Junior Gameplay Designer job up in Montreal for AoC

http://funcom.easycruit.com/intranet...9/57823?iso=gb

And a Junior AI Scripter for AoC

http://funcom.easycruit.com/intranet...9/57823?iso=gb
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    That will be the new grind.

Let's see who can have the biggest xp/sk pool.
    Better idea, make it COST to have an XP pool.

Doesnt have to be a cost in credits, could just be some negative stats penalty.

If you have a 200mil XP pool, you're DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

well maybe you just don´t want to level to stay on pf10 for a while.... it isn´t too wrong to have a pool i think, but with the "disable xp gains" option it shouldn´t happen.

but NOW that "disable xp gain" is switched into "put xp in pool" 200m pool is nothing.... this is 4 inferno missions for example and there are some people for sure that wait with their 190-199 characters for the new upcoming alien dungeon-playfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    If you have a 200mil XP pool, you're DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
    200m xp is nothing, what about 200m sk? :P
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    well maybe you just don´t want to level to stay on pf10 for a while.... it isn´t too wrong to have a pool i think, but with the "disable xp gains" option it shouldn´t happen.

but NOW that "disable xp gain" is switched into "put xp in pool" 200m pool is nothing.... this is 4 inferno missions for example and there are some people for sure that wait with their 190-199 characters for the new upcoming alien dungeon-playfield.
    If youve built up 200mil XP and thats the limit, tough luck, its more than enough to see you through whatever you might want to do later.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

And I just rolled another account... guess I could create vet account and move a character there later tho?

Also, will it be possible to combine multiple "normal accounts" (Different login to register.funcom.com) under a single account?
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Lots of good changes! Means > "a certain president"...

Love the xp changes & character transfer.

The idea of account merging suggested by Mireiawen is something I would like to see as well.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

2. Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research. This should make "killing yourself" less necessary for those who really don't like to waste XP...and also hopefully less people miscalculating and accidentally leveling their twinks despite the fact that we have a "No XP" option. Should you choose to /terminate now your lost XP will also now go to pool when before it would have gone nowhere.
    I hope you made sure the XP gain cap is still applied. Otherwise this will open up a major exploit by allowing a TL5 character to direct an entire inf mish reward into pool, then regain it quickly with a crat.

Birthday Number Nine!

Kintaii has put together an article containing some more detail about what we can look forward to for this year's birthday. It is available in this forum so I don't really know why I bothered waiting for him to post it before I wrote this.
    My account info:
    Subscription Cycle 12 month recurring
    Next payment date 2010-10-24 12:36:31

Paid points page:
    AO: PMV - Obsidian Edition
    Climb aboard your very own Personal Mechanized Vehicle - Obsidian edition!
    Go!
    Cost: 3000 points.

So because my YEARLY subscription is due in October, I'm supposed to pay $30 extra for this item while a froob or someone that has not been paying yearly can get it (plus all expansions) for free by changing their subscription to yearly?

WTF Funcom???

If I am wrong in this information PLEASE clarify.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

2. Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research. This should make "killing yourself" less necessary for those who really don't like to waste XP...and also hopefully less people miscalculating and accidentally leveling their twinks despite the fact that we have a "No XP" option. Should you choose to /terminate now your lost XP will also now go to pool when before it would have gone nowhere.
    Yay i just lost my entire daily mish reward because of this,it didnt go into pool or anything just 600k into research.

Changing area. Please wait.
    Entering 'Omni Quest HQ'
    You were healed for 8 points.
    637500 of your XP were allocated to your personal research.

Side tokens collected: 133.
    You've received an item as mission reward!
    Mission accomplished.
    You got a new mission.
    You were healed for 8 points.
    Changing area. Please wait.
    Entering 'Rome Blue district'

and my pool is still at 8mill like it was before

Black MEch 3k pp is that a joke or do you just want us all to cancel funcom?

and where is the "special 1 year offer that includes the mech" eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Black MEch 3k pp is that a joke or do you just want us all to cancel funcom?

and where is the "special 1 year offer that includes the mech" eh?
    It's a deal for new people from what I understand based on their prior info on the matter. Start a new account, pay for a one year subscription at a reduced cost and get all the expansions plus that mech as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollemus View Post
    Yay i just lost my entire daily mish reward because of this,it didnt go into pool or anything just 600k into research.

and my pool is still at 8mill like it was before
    They didn't say it was added yet, just that it is coming.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast