Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

what i HAVE to pay 30€ for a mech that has just another color if i want it?

i thought the special offer was for everyone, and yet another example of how funcom manages to piss off long term subscriptioners to push some newbies which never comes due to the lack of merchandise/advertisement .... strange... they want to shut down ao i knew it.

If a black mech was that important to you you would buy it. It doesn't do anything new it just looks different.

Some of you have serious issues if you are going to quit over this.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I'm your expert but I won't move from Europe.

Edit: I won't move from my AO computers cave.
    Last edited by Ocene; Jun 23rd, 2010 at 19:59:23.

Well i want to have it, but it is not important enough to pay 3k pp for it... this is ridicoulus.

But Funcom said it was part of an offer to pay for 1 year and then get it... so the offer.. where is it?

Maybe use thay account support chat, someone on irc got it today but I'm out and on my phone so no idea how to get to it.

That said the normal scout mech is 2k pp so really not that big of a jump for the new one.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    They didn't say it was added yet, just that it is coming.
    Yeah they did. " This update will obviously contain this years' birthday goodies...and a few other things:" and a little further down "Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool" no where does it say its in a seperate patch.
    If you read the entire post and server gets taken down for patch and bday stuff is everhwere wouldnt you assume the xp fix/tweak was also?

Means, Kintaii, please. I want to buy the balloons and glasses from the paid points vendor. I have the points, but the vendor they're in is AI-only. Why not have them in the phasefront vendor, accessable by all with the points to buy?
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Severely self-censored:

1. New paid points items are requiring an expansion (fubaring froobs that are BUYING paid points).
    2. Cancelled players are getting free subtime, again (I understand, to an extent, but it's becoming a bi-monthly offer).
    3. Anyone new or currently subscribed for less than a year is being offered discounts to purchase subtime, all expansions & free excessively high priced limited time only items, while yearly subscribers get nothing.

I am another of the ones that have multiple accounts & have pre-ordered everything on all accounts since LE, watching the expansion/booster prices drop within 2-4 months after release, then a few months later seeing "get everything for $10" deals. I understood before but this is too much. Loyal, consistently paying players are getting shafted badly.

While the principle behind the celebration items was good, the distribution methods are a joke.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jun 23rd, 2010 at 22:11:35.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    I am another of the ones that have multiple accounts & have pre-ordered everything on all accounts since LE, watching the expansion/booster prices drop within 2-4 months after release, then a few months later seeing "get everything for $10" deals. I understood before but this is too much. Loyal, consistently paying players are getting shafted badly.
    The most loyal people who pay the most get the least >.>
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Umm, years deal saves only 6,21€? I mean
    A year of the best Sci-Fi MMO and access to the new PMV - Obsidian Edition at a special price!
    Special? You guys should atleast have goten it under 100€...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

This game starts to look Asian
    New services made to get more money from existing players, but I don't see anything done to bring new players to the game.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Quote Originally Posted by Bollemus View Post
    Yeah they did. " This update will obviously contain this years' birthday goodies...and a few other things:" and a little further down "Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool" no where does it say its in a seperate patch.
    If you read the entire post and server gets taken down for patch and bday stuff is everhwere wouldnt you assume the xp fix/tweak was also?
    Guess they messed up again. Something like that would be big enough to make it to patch notes.

-------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Severely self-censored:

1. New paid points items are requiring an expansion (fubaring froobs that are BUYING paid points).
    2. Cancelled players are getting free subtime, again (I understand, to an extent, but it's becoming a bi-monthly offer).
    3. Anyone new or currently subscribed for less than a year is being offered discounts to purchase subtime, all expansions & free excessively high priced limited time only items, while yearly subscribers get nothing.
    The first one is annoying since they are just plain social items from what I gather so why limit who can get them when especially fr00bs would have to even pay for them as they don't get PP automatically. The second one comes up often enough when they do those deals and now this is the third almost in a row, it's nuts. They did a free weekend deal during Halloween or Christmas once that seems fine but all these free thirty day deals for people that canceled is a bit much.

For the third I went to the accounts page and found the deal under upgrade options and was able to apply it to a current full account. When I did that the next payment due date that was listed got bumped up by about a year. It's $90 rather than $95.50 (think that's right) so isn't a big savings.

What I see as a problem there is they have a real bad habit of providing limited or incomplete info on things. Like the vet account thing, we're still asking for more info on how that works. When LoX was offered I added it to a at that time canceled account and it didn't go through since I didn't know it only worked on active accounts even though the deal included 30 days of play time.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    Means, Kintaii, please. I want to buy the balloons and glasses from the paid points vendor. I have the points, but the vendor they're in is AI-only. Why not have them in the phasefront vendor, accessable by all with the points to buy?
    This is an oversight on our part - When we initially put up the non-Phasefront Paid Points vendor it contained nothing but the AI social clothing. As we didn't want anyone without the expansion mistakenly purchasing items that they couldn't wear, we decided to lock the shop itself to AI-only. Now that we're reaching the point where this shop will contain other items, though, the shop should be unlocked to all.

The glasses and the balloons pet are *not* exclusive to the birthday, and will be kept in the shop for the foreseeable future. In the next update that we release, we will hopefully have the shop unlocked to where all players can access the content within regardless of expansions.

In addition, as a "whoops, our bust" gesture, we will also be unlocking the AI social clothing, allowing all players to wear the social clothes. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but hopefully we can make it right soon. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I'd love that Job, seriously. I live in Scotland and I'd even move to America to work with you all.
    Then i'd wriggle my way in to help more with designing the game.

Just finished a course at College, Games Design. .

Sadly i bet everyone, people older and more qualified have applied and they probably already live in America.

Cool to think about though
    I love AO but I'm never that good at it!
    SL rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post

In addition, as a "whoops, our bust" gesture, we will also be unlocking the AI social clothing, allowing all players to wear the social clothes. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but hopefully we can make it right soon. =)
    Froobs and sloobs rejoice!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Means said:
    Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research.

Tested on my keeper and did a daily mission with xp disabled. soo.... before I did the daily mission I had ~23m in pool and after that I: Your current pool of unsaved experience is 19316284. That doesnt make sense imo.

Pool is good! I dont wanna reduce my pool, and I dont wanna level either... All research on his level is maxed, so no xp should go to research, even tho I had research set to 100%

wai!!!!?? :P

Quote Originally Posted by DaTe View Post
    Means said:
    Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research.
    When Means posted the 2 update notes on the website, the originally had the XP pool thingy mentioned.

10-15 minutes later, Means edited it out. Most likely they either could not get it ready/in place by the time the update was scheduled or they discovered some last minute crippling bug/horrible exploit and they decided to keep it deactivated/out of the yesterday's patch.

It's understandable if it was some serious issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Somewhere, an engi logged in, and several soldiers just magically fell over dead.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    It's $90 rather than $95.50 (think that's right) so isn't a big savings.
    Ive seen a few people "whine" about the "tiny saving being offered".

I call bull!

The problem is, youre comparing the WRONG THING.

The $90 for a year is a HUGE saving compared to the $179.40 you pay if you pay monthly.

Ok, so it doesnt benefit those paying yearly, but youre already getting a 47% discount as it is.

I would surmise that the vast majority of AO players arent paying yearly, but one of the shorter terms.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 24th, 2010 at 15:31:42. Reason: removed obscenity
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

And then, there are some of us that pay in euros...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by metaplast View Post
    I'd love that Job, seriously. I live in Scotland and I'd even move to America to work with you all.
    Then i'd wriggle my way in to help more with designing the game.

Just finished a course at College, Games Design. .

Sadly i bet everyone, people older and more qualified have applied and they probably already live in America.

Cool to think about though
    If only they had an office here in Holland :P

Tho relocating is still an option, but then rather norway then the states ;D
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast