Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

I fixed the link people.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    3 Year Anniversary of its announcement is coming up next week, you better get to work! That would be a nice way to commemorate the momentous occasion.

...and to make it extra special, you can change the panning camera sunset shot at the end of this one from Still Alive to Still Waiting.
    Three years later makes "Still Alive" even more appropriate considering the sheer number of other games released and dead during that time. Even more if you compare the world then to the world now.

But fine...making jokes about this is easy. If we want to stop them we need to finish this engine integration. Seems fair enough.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I fixed the link people.
    Thank you
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Yes, it's very fair, considering we've been told "later this year" every single year since it was announced.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Talking Character Transfers to Veteran Accounts 4tw!!

Thank You!! <3
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

First page, again!

wtf, second page??? I could've swore I was on the first page :@
    Last edited by Strupstad; Jun 18th, 2010 at 23:06:15.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Create a Veteran Account

Create a sub-account to your current account. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course also retains these items. It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.
    Will we be able to merge multiple existing accounts with this feature?
    If so, how many can be merged?
    If so, how will it affect pricing?

A 2000 paid points fee & only 1 subscription?
    A 2000 paid points fee per account added & then a subscription for each account after the first sub account?
    A 2000 paid points fee per account added & a subscription for every account?

If there are still subscription fees for the sub-accounts too, how will freezing accounts be affected? If any account on the group is frozen, the main & all sub accounts are frozen too?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Vet account sounds nice. So when do we get auto leveled toons on the vet acount?

When you say there are fixes for daily missions did by chance you mean the shoplifter mission always giving surgery clinics x2?
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

The name change looks too Asian.

no, it never gets old!

"Application deadline:06/18/10"

i lol'd
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

So... 20 EUR for another account? No, thanks..
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Create a Veteran Account

Create a sub-account to your current account. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course also retains these items. It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.
    Argh!

I already have two paid accounts. One has a ton of vet points, the other has two. I would really, really like the option to get vet points and transfers between these already existing accounts. Will there be any way to link them and receive the same benefits?
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Join the team!

Our Durham, North Carolina office is looking specifically for an "L33t AO player" to join our in-game customer service team:

Customer Service Representative

Before I receive 200 mails about this:

You need to be able to work in the USA.
    Yes...unfortunately you will have significant amount of contact with me.

This is an opportunity to cram a foot in the door.
    Application deadline: 06/18/2010

/me looks at a calendar.
    No rush...
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

How's the balance patch going Means?

Three years later makes "Still Alive" even more appropriate considering the sheer number of other games released and dead during that time. Even more if you compare the world then to the world now.

But fine...making jokes about this is easy. If we want to stop them we need to finish this engine integration. Seems fair enough.
    I'd say its a pretty good thing when the player base is joking around about it. when the duke nukem/clever jokes stop alltogether, I would at this point start worrying.

about this weeks content, good news all around! (minus the alien mish setback)
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Create a Veteran Account

Now this looks interesting...so I can get two stagnant characters out there and doing stuff? That's almost enough to get me back into AO on a regular basis...
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Yeah I am wondering how the subscription to the veteran account will work, and what Virtual items does this mean? I assume things like preorder items etc?

How will it be charged? Same as paying for two seperate accounts?

Bump for vid of new engine footage!

Funcom is currently developing the Massively Multiplayer Online game "The Secret World" and one unannounced project. They are also operating the MMO's Anarchy Online and Age of Conan
    It's AO2, I know it

btw, is the new city building purely "social" or does it have a function?

Heyyyy nice one, lots of good stuff coming. Lots of new ways to enjoy AO and support FC in the process. I love it.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast