Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by sukas View Post
    It's AO2, I know it
    Pets Vs. Monsters (made by Sweet Robot, a Funcom subsidiary)?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Was wondering if it was possible to get Preliminary update notes for next patch and if you could explain in a bit more detail how a Vet account works, how pricing/cost will be effected after 60 days etc.

It appears there is lots of confusion on this new paid feature (I for one am a bit lost about it).

Nice post, cool info

Don't really have a rush on seeing that video (altough I seem to be alone on this :P), the first on already showed the engine has potential.

Have a nice weekend!
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

So does this XP change mean that I can safely do things like Dark Ruins on my 150 S10 twink and not worry about getting leveled to 151 now?

Then at 220/70 will we be accumlating SK in this pool as well? So that the day yo do add more levels we can start using it? Maybe make research take the bonus SK/XP hit if you have pool?
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by darkwalkx View Post
    the first one already showed the cancelled engine has potential.
    Fixed
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

New Services

Create a Veteran Account

Create a sub-account to your current account. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course also retains these items. It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.
    Very cool. Any chance of turning a current account into a vet account of another one? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to do so from the way this sounds.

I went to the registration page and the info could be a bit more detailed. There was no new info I could see in the account FAQ of the AO site either.
    1. I presume there is no standard initial fee other than the paid points cost, correct?
    2. Would the vet account subscription be paid with or separately from the main account?
    3. Any added savings on subscription rates with this or would standard subscription costs apply for each?
    4. If/when added boosters or such things are added would we need to get them for both separately or would they apply to the vet account if we get it for the main?

This was a jarring as finding out that attractive actress I saw on TV the other day was born in the 90's. Again...damn.
    Typical. Annoying how the decade this relates to keeps ticking higher.

1. The Alien Missions currently available from the Daily Mission system have been temporarily removed from the game as we retool these playfields for the inclusion of the Alien Daily mission update. These missions were not scaling perfectly with the level of the player resulting sometimes in near "impossible missions". When they return in the update AFTER the birthday they will scale exactly to the level of the player and offer significant AXP rewards.
    Sounds good. All that and the new stuff mentioned last week is coming along nicely I hope.

2. Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research. This should make "killing yourself" less necessary for those who really don't like to waste XP...and also hopefully less people miscalculating and accidentally leveling their twinks despite the fact that we have a "No XP" option. Should you choose to /terminate now your lost XP will also now go to pool when before it would have gone nowhere.
    Cool. This would actually be a reverse of what's happening now in some regards. Now if you kill something while you have an XP pool and "disable XP gains" turned on the XP that would have been removed from your pool had "disable XP gains" not been turned on is still removed. As a result your XP pool steadily shrinks, especially if a well meaning crat hits you with the recovery rate perk. From what a GM told me this is a bug, he and I both did a bug report for it. That was a number of months back though.

It's AO2, I know it

btw, is the new city building purely "social" or does it have a function?
    **crosses fingers (and eyes) in excitement with hope that it's related to gms terminals somehow**

seriously, the suspense is brutal! cant wait to see what it is.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

I too want the option to turn my second account into a vet account that has the same amount of vet points as my main account
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jun 18th, 2010 at 20:35:56.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Create a Veteran Account

Create a sub-account to your current account. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course also retains these items. It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.
    You complete and utter life wrecking ****** (could read banana). I had just decided to finally give AO a break and do something else, possibly even outside my apartment. Now I have to stick around for more! This is just unfair or something!!
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

you got any offices in uk ? :>

The Alien Missions currently available from the Daily Mission system have been temporarily removed from the game ...
    ...they return in the update AFTER the birthday
    So, between now and then we'll all be pulling Smugglers Den missions even MORE often?

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx55 View Post
    So, between now and then we'll all be pulling Smugglers Den missions even MORE often?
    Wait...

you mean there is a daily mission for that level range OTHER than the Smuggler Den missions???
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

I would be happy to apply for the CSR job, since I actually live close to Durham and could make the drive back and forth. The only problem is the job is full time and I'm currently going to college. That makes my time constraints difficult. I could definitely do full time during summers and breaks, but during the school year would be a little bit tough.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I would be happy just paying full monthly price for another account as long as I can get my vet points and paid points on those characters (same as the other linked account). My problem with starting another account is that I won't be able to get a rubi'ka recall beacon right away, hoverboard or phasefront flying vehicle.. so that actually prevents me from bothering with another account and I'm out of slots on my existing.
    I posted this almost two months ago in game suggestions.. I'm sure I wasn't the first but THANK YOU The announcement of the new vet accounts really made my day. And the fact that I'll be able to move one of my 220 doctors (eventually) to the second account.. AWESOME
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 18th, 2010 at 20:48:00.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Pets Vs. Monsters (made by Sweet Robot, a Funcom subsidiary)?
    If a game is in beta and I'm reading its webpage, it's hardly "unannounced".

It's AO2, nothing else makes sense

Create a Veteran Account

I pay for four accounts. Yes, four. It's not unusual when I dual log and triple log myself to be at least half the toons on the org bot. I'm not sure I understand exactly what is meant by a sub-account. Am I getting another way to team myself and pay for it? Do I have the option of having the "Veteran Account" replace my "current" account? Is this a way of getting another account that has the prepaid items/boosters/paid points that the "current" accounts has? Could we get some clarification? It's just to get the new mech so we can stand around the cities looking cool and not doing anything?

We need to lure old players back and get new players in. At this point in time, I can't say that there's enough of a player base for me to want to renew my subscriptions, much less pay for a sub account to my account. You can only team yourself so far, then there's no where else to go. I have some prof's that can't get teamed and some that can at the drop of an /lft. But, with the community we have, I can't get the teams I need for the things I would like to have. I can't see paying another subscription fee to be unable to access content I'm already paying for that I can't get because there's too few players that want access to the content that I want access too. (I just wanted the thrill of a run-on sentence. It felt goooood.)

I do like the idea of being able to move toons between accounts. Can't say I'd spend the cash to consolidate all my toons onto one account so I can stop paying for all of them. But, then again I can't say that I'm getting enough enjoyment out of my subscriptions to continue with them. But, since I pay yearly on three of them I have a while to decide.

More anniversary items. Yay. I like those. Can't have enough of those. I need a bag for my head. I'm embarrassed I pay for so many accounts. I will be wearing that.

I just feel like those of us that have held on for years are gettin' all potatoes and no meat. Where's the beeeeef?! I'm not a vegetarian! These potatoes are too Asian!
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

If a game is in beta and I'm reading its webpage, it's hardly "unannounced".

It's AO2, nothing else makes sense
    Would be awesome if you were right!

No news on rebalancing... sigh.
    Gracee e : Blooop e - SPIRIT

Create a Veteran Account

When will I be able to combine all of my existing game subscriptions under a single management account?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Very cool. Any chance of turning a current account into a vet account of another one? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to do so from the way this sounds.
    You most definitely are not alone! I just turned my second account (fr00b) to paid and would love to be able to move some characters off of my main account to the new one. Please provide a service for converting accounts to be a sub-account.

Another option would be a paid service to buy another 'active slot' on an account, allowing more than one toon to be logged at a time?
    Rimor:
    Russless - 220 Opifex Agent
    Moriarty - 220 Solitus Crat
    Urassis - 170 Nano-mage NT
    Eccles - 219 Opifex fixer
    Subwaysplat - 25 Atrox Enforcer
    Templetastic - 60 Atrox Enforcer
    Shishkabob - Opifex Shade
    Goonagal - Atrox Keeper

Proud Member of The Empire

Good to see the Game Director treating the game as an actual bussiness. All those proposed changes are revenue making and doesnt have a real impact on game-playing. Thats really nice. Now about the the salary of those suffering ur constant contact by being FC employes? means lowing my accounts too?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast