Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Will it be possible to make my existing accounts into "normal" subaccounts of other accounts I have?
    They were created before you could make them as "normal" subaccounts.

Will it be possible to move characters between "normal" subaccounts?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by sukas View Post
    It's AO2, nothing else makes sense
    Not at this time.

From Feb 22nd, 2010, 03:21:10
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We are not currently working on AO2...this was only me expressing my frustration with having to work with some pretty old code issues created well before my (and my coder's) time on this project . This isn't to say there will never be an AO2...but not now at any rate when so much effort and resources are currently being used to "refresh" the current game visually and smooth out gameplay issues. I'd love to work on AO2...but for now AO is keeping us plenty busy
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jun 18th, 2010 at 22:20:43.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Yeah, I don't think AO2 would be a good project for them right now, there's no reason they would want to build up yet another contender for AO and TSW.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

The absence of a video was inexpicably just Asian enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

I'm pretty sure that if I read this and the instuctions on the account webpage correctly, you can immediately:

Create a veteran sub-account that will have all expansions and paid items (PMV, Jobe Apt., Sunrise Apt., Hoverchair, etc.) as well as veteran months. This account is purchased with 2,000 paid points and includes 60 days of game time initially (you gotta pay for it after that).

You can, at some point in the future, transfer toons from any other account to your sub-account. That part we're just going to have to wait for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Grats on awesome job you guys are doing for past 9 years!!!, and nobody wants hungry game director, so go get some fried l33ts or salamander pie at least!

I'm just gonna repeat the question that everyone asks; Will I be able to add my secondary account under my primary account? (Both being normal accounts at the moment)

As I understand, I would still be paying for 2 accounts, the only change being I could move my toons around between the two, which is what I am hoping to be able to do in the future.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

No one mentioned...

Heads.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Unless I can make my 2nd full account a "veteran account" I'm very disappointed. I hate it when I get the feeling that I'm getting punished for being customer for longer time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracee View Post
    No news on rebalancing... sigh.
    Rumor has it, crats are being nerfed back to the stoneage. There you go, that's news for 'ya!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

there's no real need for AO2 as far AO gets improved ; and i think from Lost Eden to now, it has.

still i've got few questions about this FwM :
    - won't this vet account create a "finished toon resell" issue ?
    - why not use some videocap software (like fraps) & quick edition/mounting to show us some new engine shots ? "Still Alive" one is now old, & lotta people stopped/outside AO think that'll never get released ... so make a video to shut their mouthes ^^ ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    - won't this vet account create a "finished toon resell" issue ?
    Vet account sounds like it is going to be just a sub account of a main account i.e. they are permanently connected to each other. It also sounds like the toons can only be transferred between accounts under the main account.

Link sends me to a white page that says "There are currently no vacancies." Guess the position got filled fast
    Waiting for a cure.

Will be posible in the near future to move chars from veteran account to regular ?
    That transfer will cost any PP and how manny?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Unless I can make my 2nd full account a "veteran account" I'm very disappointed. I hate it when I get the feeling that I'm getting punished for being customer for longer time.
    This.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Means you are the best thing that has happen to this game. All the latest changes are just owerwheling and explains the lack of lunch! You got to eat man or you die! Now Enjoy your weekend and relax this summer. Hire someone to do some of your work before you get a migraine!
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Well, they can't very well blend accounts that way...each account has a specific level of vet points attached, and a specific amount of paid points and PP items purchased on the account page. Moving a char form one account to another would essentially be 'upgrading' said char, giving them more vet pts and different amount of paid points and lux items. Don't expect Billing to touch that mess with a 10-foot pole. Moving chars from the 'template' account from which the Vet account was created is a vastly easier proposition as no changes occur to the chars moved.

What I'm wondering is....

I have AccountName1 and AccountName2. AccountName1 is my original paid account (created in 2004) AccountName2 is my second paid account (created in late 2005/early 2006 I think).

AccountName1 has several game logins associated with it. AccountName2 has several game logins associated with it as well. Will I at any time, be able to move one of my game logins from AccountName2 and make it a game login on AccountName1 so that I can eventually transfer characters between an AccountName1 game login and an AccountName2 login?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    What I'm wondering is....

I have AccountName1 and AccountName2. AccountName1 is my original paid account (created in 2004) AccountName2 is my second paid account (created in late 2005/early 2006 I think).

AccountName1 has several game logins associated with it. AccountName2 has several game logins associated with it as well. Will I at any time, be able to move one of my game logins from AccountName2 and make it a game login on AccountName1 so that I can eventually transfer characters between an AccountName1 game login and an AccountName2 login?
    This is so much better worded than my question (and others like it) above.
    Bump for an official reply to Traderjill's post.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Char transfer... Between servers for us others to?

Will it be possible to transfer chars from like RK1 to RK2? (Cuz I know someone that _really_ wats that )

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast