Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Glad to be here
    Last edited by Tiaxis; Jun 19th, 2010 at 02:03:12.

Viritual items?

Okies. So. What is a "viritual item"? I can copy my ai armor - my full alpha set, and.... hehe... Will the content of my bank be copyed to? *tries to put halo on, but it wont fit anymore* ...Im sure u know where Im going with this post Means...

In one way... Copying items is a good thing. I get a toon thats DONE. On the other hand... Do you really want to do this to game ecconomy Means?

Quote Originally Posted by Fungalina View Post
    Okies. So. What is a "viritual item"? I can copy my ai armor - my full alpha set, and.... hehe... Will the content of my bank be copyed to? *tries to put halo on, but it wont fit anymore* ...Im sure u know where Im going with this post Means...

In one way... Copying items is a good thing. I get a toon thats DONE. On the other hand... Do you really want to do this to game ecconomy Means?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say the virtual items he is referring to are like the pre-order items (jobe apartments, leets, mech, chair).. the stuff you can get automatically whenever you start a new character on your account.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    - won't this vet account create a "finished toon resell" issue ?
    ^^ ?
    Its all about money... You think FC does this to make you happy? yes they do, they make you happy by making more money. I am happy with the new changes of accounts however I spend more moeny.

Selling of accounts will be an all time high.. thinking about.. How many people have 6 toons on one account that are 220 end game? 100's, how many use all of them? they cant.. so.. 6 220 toons on one subcription is a waste. So lets divide them up and get 6 subcriptions.. Brilliant.

Its just freaking brilliant.. heck (ler) I am happy that I can soon split my toons up so I can super log like Arty

Well... wouldn't mean main account + sub account = 2 accounts to pay?
    Because then, except for the "char-tossing" between accounts, and the higher Vet Points from the main account, I see no reason to make one and can just stick with my 2 separate ones. Besides, it even happened that my 2nd account has bought stuff from Paid Points like the Sunrise apt that my main account doesn't have because I used the PP's for something else. That would be lost then I guess?
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Quote Originally Posted by Fungalina View Post
    The option to create the veteran sub account is already on the account page. Someone try it and tell us what happens
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylia View Post
    Because then, except for the "char-tossing" between accounts, and the higher Vet Points from the main account, I see no reason to make one and can just stick with my 2 separate ones. Besides, it even happened that my 2nd account has bought stuff from Paid Points like the Sunrise apt that my main account doesn't have because I used the PP's for something else. That would be lost then I guess?
    The way I see it, it's a good deal for people who want to create new accounts.
    They get a new account with all the expansions, 'preorder' items and VeteranPoints of their "main" account, plus two months gametime, for the price of... roughly two months gametime. It's a good deal.

What's more interesting for those of us who already have multiple accounts, is if we'll be able to use the character transfer feature as well.
    And for those of us who created multiple accounts before the AoC launch (which was when they added the 'child account' possibility), the even more interesting question is: Will we finally be able to change a 'main' account into a 'child' account of another account?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline View Post
    The option to create the veteran sub account is already on the account page. Someone try it and tell us what happens
    You choose the main account and then you make an account name for the vet account.

They used the same password, didn't bother to see if I could change it though.

Strangely enough the vet account had more Veteran points than the account I linked it to though, but I"m not complaining.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Well, they can't very well blend accounts that way...each account has a specific level of vet points attached, and a specific amount of paid points and PP items purchased on the account page. Moving a char form one account to another would essentially be 'upgrading' said char, giving them more vet pts and different amount of paid points and lux items. Don't expect Billing to touch that mess with a 10-foot pole. Moving chars from the 'template' account from which the Vet account was created is a vastly easier proposition as no changes occur to the chars moved.
    Yes, it is technical nightmare but that is irrelevant from customer point of view. I still feel like I am not getting the same benefits just because I got my 2nd account earlier and paid full price for every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    What I'm wondering is....

I have AccountName1 and AccountName2. AccountName1 is my original paid account (created in 2004) AccountName2 is my second paid account (created in late 2005/early 2006 I think).

AccountName1 has several game logins associated with it. AccountName2 has several game logins associated with it as well. Will I at any time, be able to move one of my game logins from AccountName2 and make it a game login on AccountName1 so that I can eventually transfer characters between an AccountName1 game login and an AccountName2 login?
    When they added the ability to make subaccounts they said that they would not take old accounts and combine them so essentially, told us that we are SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylia View Post
    This service will create a new Veteran Account for Anarchy Online.

It works by creating a new account under this account with the name you have specified. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and preorder items copied from the existing account. The existing account also retains these items.

Note: The new account will take up to 10 minutes to be available.
    Also: Gametime and paid points for this account are separate from your existing account. Paid points and remaining gametime are not copied over.

Just copied that from funcom.com paid services area... looks like paid points don't get transferred
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Just copied that from funcom.com paid services area... looks like paid points don't get transferred
    The way I read it is that the paid points that you have transferred in-game won't be copied. If you have unused paid points under your account you can probably transfer them to your vet account. As it is I think you can create froob account as sub account with your expansion account and transfer paid points that keep piling up every time you pay for your subscription to your froob and get nice "free" bike for the froob.

I don't get it. I make a vet account to...what, pocket my own alts, dual log with myself to kill things, pay people to give me their characters to play twinked professions I'm too lazy to level? None of these indicate anything other than the game is on life support. Why is making a new alt on a vet account any different or better than making it on a second account? A few vet point items? who cares
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    I don't get it. I make a vet account to...what, pocket my own alts, dual log with myself to kill things, pay people to give me their characters to play twinked professions I'm too lazy to level? None of these indicate anything other than the game is on life support. Why is making a new alt on a vet account any different or better than making it on a second account? A few vet point items? who cares
    SL beacon, RK beacon and afew token boards instantly, Jobe lux app, Personal mech, leet pets, all expansions 60 days free gametime heck i care :P
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Join the team!
    Damn, I signed the contract for my new job four weeks ago (despite the fact, that I don't think you want to pay me enough ^^)

Create a Veteran Account
    Details please!
    tbh I don't really care about a vet account too much, I'm just interested in moving one of my three calmers to my other account (to team with my +10% fixer)

This was a jarring as finding out that attractive actress I saw on TV the other day was born in the 90's. Again...damn.
    What's harder... seeing an attractive girl and find out, she's just a kid or seeing an attractive girl and find out that the movie was produced so long ago that she's old now?
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    SL beacon, RK beacon and afew token boards instantly, Jobe lux app, Personal mech, leet pets, all expansions 60 days free gametime heck i care :P
    2000 paid points costs $20 USD, which is the same cost as 60 days playtime on a normal account...
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

2000 paid points costs $20 USD, which is the same cost as 60 days playtime on a normal account...
    So you get a second account for free with all expansions, vet points etc etc etc... If your thinking about getting a second account its one hell of a sweet deal. Not to mention that if you dont buy all the PP items in the game (like me :P) that will quickly go down to 10 or 15 bucks (or even free), if not even less from PP you have accumulated over the years simply by subscribing, i like it...
    Messiah has spoken.

Exactly my thoughts. And what's with all this? I get two same chars, which I later have to pay for?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. And what's with all this? I get two same chars, which I later have to pay for?
    Yeah i know its not like anyone has EVER had 2 or more accounts before right! Zomg this r stopid offer..
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Your transfering a character, not having 2x the same toon.

Just imagine paying for a new account but being able to move a 220 character of yours onto it if you wanted to.

FunCom isn't forcing your hand to pay for this :P

They're just layin down the option for it
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast