Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Virtual items & Vet account

As asked before, what are these "virtual items" - and the vet account, I did not understand how that was going to be of any benefit other than transferring other toons there.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    As asked before, what are these "virtual items" - and the vet account, I did not understand how that was going to be of any benefit other than transferring other toons there.
    Virtual Items = Pre-Ordered Items.

Apartments, vehicles, etc.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    If you decide to make another account with all expansions, and you -don't- use this new option you:

Pay some amount up front for the game (perhaps as low as $10), pay for each months subscription(about $18 for the 1st two months if pre-paid 1 yr), get some small amount of free time, get no vet points on that account, get no pre-order items like Jobe Lux or floating chair, and have no option to transfer a char from any other account to the new account so every char on it is a new rolled char.

If you use this new option you:

Spend 2000 paid points ($20) and get the 1st two months subscription covered, get vet points equal to what the 'parent/template' account has, get the same pre-order items that the parent account had acquired (such as Jobe lux apt and floating chair), and have the option to transfer (not copy) chars from the parent account to the new vet account.

Paid points don't get copied at all - the new vet account will start at either zero or some small token amount of paid points.

All in all, creating a 'vet' account is now the obvious route to go -if- you were intending to create a new account in the first place.

The question should not be, how to trick me into getting another account, I have 3 already. Question should be how to make me want to keep paying for the 3 accounts I already have.

What I would have done, is make the Vet account free, as you're already paying for an account already. Limit it to one, but make it free. So people with Doc/tanks in the same account will have all sorts of new possibilities and keep playing the game.

Could we get ability to pay sub-time with PPs like 1k per month, would be about 40% save for EU players...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

1. run AO on new engine
    2. take screen shot
    3. ???
    4. profit!!!
    I love AO but I'm never that good at it!
    SL rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Could we get ability to pay sub-time with PPs like 1k per month, would be about 40% save for EU players...
    Riiight! Did you not know why things are the way they are?
    ಠ_ಠ

As i read it ...

You got WebsiteLogin_A under wich you admin account with GameLogin_1 containing several caracters including (e.g.) your trader.

You can create veteran GameLogin_2, still under WebsiteLogin_A, with all same elements (apartment, vet month, pet, mech, preorder stuff and all) except 2000 Paid Points are deducted (and none duplicated, of course).

Then you can TRANSFER (not copy, that's where Means post was blurry) caracter between (filled) GameLogin_1 -> (empty) GameLogin_2, in our example : the trader. You just made one free slot in GameLogin_1. You also could create new caracter under GameLogin_2, wich is independant account.

Now you can log one of your caracters (except trader wich has moved) under GameLogin_1, and dualbuff them with the trader now accessible from GameLogin_2.

Both logins stay adminable under WebsiteLogin_A, but you need to pay the main subscription (= keeping GameLogin_1 active) + the sub-account subscription (= keeping GameLogin_2 active) to keep the both unfrozen.

If you already got another subscription, let's say WebsiteLogin_B under main GameLogin_3, you CANNOT move any caracter from/to any WebsiteLogin_A main/sub GameLogins.

Hope i'm clear, think i'm logical.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Jun 19th, 2010 at 15:12:11.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

BTW new acount is about 23€ (I think 20$) with "This special offer includes 45 days of gametime, a full 15 days more than the standard offer, if you sign up right now". So bonus is only 15days and pre-order stuff...

BTW how come you are still advertising 8th aniversary LOX order for 10€ on launcher? ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Excellent...!

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Yeah i know its not like anyone has EVER had 2 or more accounts before right! Zomg this r stopid offer..
    But mweh... What's so special in it for me?

I get to copy items only, or a complete char? If it's just char copy, it's plain silly.

If it's just items copy and you get to level your new char from level 1, without the need to farm all those nodrops, it's still stoopit (smart move for FC though, but it would be stupid of cheap ol' me to fell for that). I'll rather take fully leveled toon for this "vet" offer, thank you very much, or at least the same ability (level 1 with BoC/etc) but on the same account.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I've removed some posts. Its not a very good idea to suggest people violate the EULA in the FwM thread, so please don't.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Okay ... but when it happens.
    I want pictures to show you how I was gagged and put in a dark room.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Great:

Creating Vet-Account 20€
    Transfer my 4 characters that are stuck on rk3 with nowhere to go: 80€

In sum 100€ for .. hmm for what? For 60 days play time.

Its understandable that the veteran account does cost something.
    I do also aggree that transfering a char from main to vet account is not free.

BUT why do i have to pay 80€ to transfer my chars from the dead server?!

Remember that we used to have 24 character slots and now only have 16 left for the same money.
    RK1
    Wildbret 220/30/70 Soldier Equip || Fechs 220/30/70 Enforcer Equip
    Graphit 220/30/70 Engineer Equip || Lanthan 220/30/70 Keeper Equip
    Valaris 220/30/62 Agent Equip || Arelia 220/30/63 Doctor Equip
    Wildberry 220/30/70 Shade Equip || Netima 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Duktil 220/30/70 Bureaucrat Equip || Naitiri 220/30/70 Martial Artist Equip
    Zanid 220/30/70 Fixer Equip || Netifa 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Widia 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist || Zernid 220/30/59 Trader
    RK2
    Netima 220/30/70 Adventurer Equip

no you only have to pay 20€to transfer all toons

this is another offer there where all of your dnw characters are moved to the new sub-subscription so you can transfer them to rk1/2

Thx for the info, im going to the account page now to search that feature.
    RK1
    Wildbret 220/30/70 Soldier Equip || Fechs 220/30/70 Enforcer Equip
    Graphit 220/30/70 Engineer Equip || Lanthan 220/30/70 Keeper Equip
    Valaris 220/30/62 Agent Equip || Arelia 220/30/63 Doctor Equip
    Wildberry 220/30/70 Shade Equip || Netima 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Duktil 220/30/70 Bureaucrat Equip || Naitiri 220/30/70 Martial Artist Equip
    Zanid 220/30/70 Fixer Equip || Netifa 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Widia 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist || Zernid 220/30/59 Trader
    RK2
    Netima 220/30/70 Adventurer Equip

Quote Originally Posted by valaris View Post
    Great:

Creating Vet-Account 20€
    Transfer my 4 characters that are stuck on rk3 with nowhere to go: 80€

In sum 100€ for .. hmm for what? For 60 days play time.

Its understandable that the veteran account does cost something.
    I do also aggree that transfering a char from main to vet account is not free.

BUT why do i have to pay 80€ to transfer my chars from the dead server?!

Remember that we used to have 24 character slots and now only have 16 left for the same money.
    Errr I'm pretty sure RK3 transfer is free.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    I don't get it. I make a vet account to...what, pocket my own alts, dual log with myself to kill things, pay people to give me their characters to play twinked professions I'm too lazy to level? None of these indicate anything other than the game is on life support. Why is making a new alt on a vet account any different or better than making it on a second account? A few vet point items? who cares
    From the info given you'd only be able to move chars from the main account to the linked vet account and back (for a fee), not from just any account. So no char buying or other things that some have started talking about. We're hoping there will be the option to make an existing account the vet account of another but no news on that or some other things I and others have asked.

Then vet point items are nice, make life easier and are fun. If I had the option to make a vet account years ago that's what I would have done rather than make a new account. It does sound like a good deal but we're low on details at the moment.

Only one vet accounts per main account?
    Is that play account or website account?
    Are they going to share passwords?
    Will they prevent dual logging and just give you more slots?
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by metaplast View Post
    1. run AO on new engine
    2. take screen shot
    3. ???
    4. profit!!!
    and just to be complete

1. buy fraps for peanuts
    2. start fraps an run around anywhere you want (the ao junkies even cheered about the last "great" video...so it can't be worse)
    3. upload.
    aaaaand
    4. profit.

not showing what you're doing might (in my opinion) mean, that you can't really be proud of the results...just thinking...
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast