Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    Yes, thirdary is deliberately misspelt / made up word, just "because"
    I think you want "tertiary" =)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Yes it does, if someone wants to work for FC that badly they will watch the job openings. This job was on the website for at least a month, the only thing lacking from it before hand was the fact that it was dealing with AO and not AoC.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yes it does, if someone wants to work for FC that badly they will watch the job openings. This job was on the website for at least a month, the only thing lacking from it before hand was the fact that it was dealing with AO and not AoC.
    That sounds more like desperate and less like professional. If you're going to post extra information about some job opening - potentially making it appealing to the certain kind of person - you're not going to do that 6 hours before the deadline. Hell, just filling out a job application online can take 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Where did you get this information? Two accounts, two seperate subscription fees.. who said anything about freezing one account meaning the other does not remain playable?

If you have information that states otherwise, please quote your source. I'm kinda curious. I took this to mean the accounts were seperate once the new vet account was created.
    My source is a from a player ingame who speaks as if he has inside information from Funcom, and he repeatedly stated that "the linked accounts live or die together". Now, of course I can not be certain this is the case, so apologies for acting on this less-than-reliable information, but this was a concern of mine and I figured bringing this up here would be a way to get some answers.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

Engine Video (or lack thereof)

I'd like to apologize for there not being a video available for the new engine yet. We are currently without a video producing guy here in the Oslo office for the last while and the chances of me getting it done (let alone making a good one) have been slim as my time has been more than occupied. I'm not sure at this point when we will be showing a video of the new engine...but the work is continuing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Fraps?
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

I'd like to state that whoever joins the team knows less than me, and you suck.

I also don't like the vet account. Why not just move to existing account, or 'convert to vet account'?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

{removed by Anarrina}

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    The new veteran account?

Jesus.

You pay $20. Get a vet account with your previous accounts current veteran points and pre-ordered items (jobe lux apartment, vehicles, etc). Your then able to transfer one character (correct me if im wrong if your able to transfer multiple characters) over to this new "veteran" account, which comes with 60 days of playtime.
    ...which you can already get for $20. :scratches head:

Seriously, what's the point in doing this (except giving some extra money to FC - which is probably good, for them)?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 21st, 2010 at 21:29:09.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So, if you're gonna have two linked accounts for double price (or thereabouts), it means that you can't freeze either one of the accounts while having the other open. This is a major bummer as it effectively forces you to have either 0 or 2 accounts open, as opposed to the regular multiple accounts-way where you can have 0, 1 or 2 accounts open at any time.
    We really don't know for certain how things will work, which is one of the questions I was asking earlier on. Maybe the accounts have independent subscriptions but are linked so the vet ones gain the advantages of the age of the main. Maybe they have some special subscription pricing for grouped accounts and you have to keep them active. Maybe you can choose between the two. At this point no one can really say for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    ...which you can already get for $20. :scratches head:
    You can get new account with all the preorder items, veteran points and 60 days of game time for $20?

Also has everyone already used their accumulated paid points so that they actually have to buy more?

Quote Originally Posted by Engymacadam View Post
    I think you want "tertiary" =)
    Thank you ... and I don't mean for the correct word.

Anarrina says that I am being obnoxious for baiting spelling police. I pointed out that if for some reason I couldn't remember "tertiary" then I would have swopped over to, "First, Second and Third."

I will take yours as just trying to be helpful, since I don't remember you.

Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    You can get new account with all the preorder items, veteran points and 60 days of game time for $20?
    No, but I can extend subscription of my existing one, which is practically the same? :scratch scratch:
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    The job was set to close on the 18th, it kinda makes sense that means wouldn't advertise it before the last day so that HR doesn't get flooded with applications that don't really cover it.
    I don't know why you are defending this. With record-high unemployment rates, this FWM that will be stickied and bumped for weeks is little more than a cruel "haha, made you look!"
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

*shrug* Probably because I got my applications in for this and other job openings they have. If someone wanted to work at Funcom they would apply for more of their jobs and keep an eye on FC's job opening page.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

... or they need a job, any job and are allocating their time to avenues that have a higher possibility of yielding up employment?
    Thus they don't camp one company and press F5 repeatedly.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    ... or they need a job, any job and are allocating their time to avenues that have a higher possibility of yielding up employment?
    Thus they don't camp one company and press F5 repeatedly.
    Hey I don't either, I have 25 companies that I'm going though their personal websites every week, and 4 group posting websites like Dice.com, that's mainly how I've gotten the few freelance jobs I've gotten.

Also if you really wanted a job working on AO you would stay on top of job openings in FC. The Dev team has stated many times that everyone on the current team use to be an AO player at one point or another. Both Sil and Means were 1st long time players of AO then devs and now GMs, so its been shown that if you want to work within the company it's completely possible for a player to do so if they are talented and work on getting into the company.
    Last edited by Technogen; Jun 20th, 2010 at 17:58:53.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht
    Question: will we be someday able to buy a ready to pop 220 toon with vet points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    No. Not while I am in charge at any rate.

That being said a character part-way (say level 200) might be something I would consider for vets who already have a 220 main.

This is called "waffling"? 220 just feels offensive...200 a little less.
    I can has now?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Ignore my previous comment about vet account.
    After reading more carefully I think it's not bad offer at all.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

So Technogen, if my post is pointless, then what do _you_ think is the reason to transfer Veteran Points, if they are, as you say useless and WTF pointless..

Please come with some argumentation, some thought for the future, because, as it is very clear some people out there have 171 Veteran Points, and at the lauch of that system it indeed was said new items would be added..

What would you like for your Veteran Points Technogen?

SL map nanoes were added.. (and not considered unbalancing, despite ADVs having them already)

So what about Fixer-grid?
    Beacon warp?

Those are things in the same league as I see it
    and they are indeed things I would spend my Veteran Points on..

So instead of you coming with an answer, I would like for someone dealing with FunCom professionally to tell us what the prognosis for VeteranPoins is.

If we should save them up or expect things to be static.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

{edited by Anarrina: removed unnecessary comment}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 21st, 2010 at 21:31:44.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Bloody Marvelous! +1 for being afk for 3 days, and not checking the jobs postings over the last few weeks.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Yeah i am not the only one that feels betrayed by adding adv only stuff to the vet shop for everyone this makes me kinda feel not so strange anymore hehe.

Would love to see some more useful stuff there, maybe really a fg or warp nano (even the "warp in time and space" thingy NTs have would me make feel cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    So Technogen, if my post is pointless, then what do _you_ think is the reason to transfer Veteran Points, if they are, as you say useless and WTF pointless..
    Well, to someone whom has 2 accounts this is kinda obvious and even a few other people said it before you in this thread, and you even pointed it out yourself. New accounts start out with 0 veteran points, that means that if you created a "Vet account" off your primary account your 2nd vet account wouldn't have any veteran points to buy anything with. So obvious answer is to make the age copy over to the new account so that any chrs the player makes on that account they can use the vet points to buy vet items they want.

That's not saying that FC is going to put in some new super expensive vet items, but if you want a yalm and the heal kit and maps on a new alt you're going to need the vet points from the main account to buy the items.

{removed by Anarrina}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 21st, 2010 at 21:32:43.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast