Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Create a Veteran Account

Create a sub-account to your current account. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course also retains these items. It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.
    OK I'm a bit slow here ... what 'virtual items' are copied and how? It's certainly not items like armor etc.. is it?

Also, it's not clear to me what happens at the end of the 60 days ... I guess the paid points are used to open the vet account and then after 60 days it reverts back to the payment options that FC allows for AO accounts?
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 21st, 2010 at 16:28:57.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    OK I'm a bit slow here ... what 'virtual items' are copied and how? Items can't exist without a character holding them, in inventory, bank, equipped, etc... so are you duplicating characters or is there some 'bank' for the virtual account to hold items that any character can access it? What I'm getting at here, it seems like there is potential to duplicate gear for alts from a current account with veteran accounts copying virtual items.

Also, it's not clear to me what happens at the end of the 60 days ... does this mean the only option of payment for a veteran account is with paid points every 60 days?
    I think this is just a way to get a second account that you pay for but this time you can transfer characters between accounts at the cost of PP.

At the end of your 60 free days you have another account to pay for, or not pay for and retire...

I believe "virtual items" are just pre-order items that sit on your account, see below from earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    This service will create a new Veteran Account for Anarchy Online.

It works by creating a new account under this account with the name you have specified. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and preorder items copied from the existing account. The existing account also retains these items.

Note: The new account will take up to 10 minutes to be available.
    Also: Gametime and paid points for this account are separate from your existing account. Paid points and remaining gametime are not copied over.

Just copied that from funcom.com paid services area... looks like paid points don't get transferred
    Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Die.
    Still alive!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

I'm going to bed, so I'll be cleaning up this ridiculous argument later. But knock it off, I don't want to come back and find more to clean up. Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Sleep tight.
    Last edited by crattey; Jun 21st, 2010 at 17:30:37.

We were derailing the thread in an attempt to discuss something other than everyone's personal, yet slightly different from the previous poster's, interpretation of Means' post on the vet account.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    We were derailing the thread in an attempt to discuss something other than everyone's personal, yet slightly different from the previous poster's, interpretation of Means' post on the vet account.
    And you're stopping now and finding a new topic. Aren't you gents? =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I see some Birthday stuff already ingame? (Well the Zoo has arrived at least)

When can we expect to go grab new phats? I assume a new update is still needed to patch it all to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    And you're stopping now and finding a new topic. Aren't you gents? =)
    Sure. How far along are you with the balance patch?

Where do we go to start the hunt for the gift building? Anyone know?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

RE: new city building - looks like all the components are going to arrive on live with the birthday patch, so can't really farm anything in advance. Kintaii did say that the footprint of the finished building will be like the gridhouse, so more orgs will be able to squeeze it onto their city plot.

I still cross my fingers for a GMS terminal

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    would be an appropriate new addition to city
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by metaplast View Post
    1. run AO on new engine
    2. take screen shot
    3. ???
    4. profit!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    and just to be complete

1. buy fraps for peanuts
    2. start fraps an run around anywhere you want (the ao junkies even cheered about the last "great" video...so it can't be worse)
    3. upload.
    aaaaand
    4. profit.

not showing what you're doing might (in my opinion) mean, that you can't really be proud of the results...just thinking...
    No, that one flew over your head. Metaplast was refering to a South Park episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxis View Post
    No, that one flew over your head. Metaplast was refering to a South Park episode.
    ya got me!
    I love AO but I'm never that good at it!
    SL rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxis View Post
    I wouldn't know - I have standards.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    By GMS you mean Giant Means Statue?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    By GMS you mean Giant Means Statue?
    I don't think even Means is that arrogant. if its a statue at all (by itself), it will likely be a letdown.
    Last edited by Soultraider; Jun 22nd, 2010 at 16:15:09.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research. This should make "killing yourself" less necessary for those who really don't like to waste XP...and also hopefully less people miscalculating and accidentally leveling their twinks despite the fact that we have a "No XP" option. Should you choose to /terminate now your lost XP will also now go to pool when before it would have gone nowhere.
    Hi just fyi, Base on these changes, I can see the bigger problem that most people will complain, the 200M Capped pool size isnt gonna be enough especially for high TL5 & TL6. A couple of Daily mission is enough to build up a 200M pool. And 200m pool is easily cleaned within 5 lvls, and it is insufficient for lvls especially 175+

I have 4 char with 200M exp pool now even without the changes above, and another one coming up soon.

Chears.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast