Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    Well obviously we are not being forced to use them. That's not the issue. It just would have been nice to have a practical use for them aside from their aesthetic qualities. Also, 40k is change in nearly any player's pockets, but they are still just over 50X more expensive than a bag which does the same thing (small bag). The whole use vs. cost ratio doesn't pan out to me. So, again, I would have liked to see some more practical implementation here. I know I'm not near alone on this. But it is somewhat of a trivial matter, so I'll shush and let the rest of you to continue enjoying them. :P
    The practical use is visual recognition. Ever hear of that? Not all of us are fond of using listmode for our inventory, and having to read names as the only identifier. Some of us use the icons to realise that "oh the one with the blue square is where I keep my garden keys and the leftmost clothing backpack is where my burden is".
    That YOU don't do it in this way doesn't mean that I or every new player doesn't use the large icon size.

In the same line of thought you're going, then why bother with graphics, all we really need are the texts and coordinates. Icons are there for visual recognition. Icons with higher price? Moneysink.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I do like the new backs, I got a few of them already. I've always thought the number of icons was limited. Happy with them.

New bags are pure /WIN.

Cheers FC

PS, XLarge Backpack - Pies <-- that's just ace
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    The practical use is visual recognition. Ever hear of that? Not all of us are fond of using listmode for our inventory, and having to read names as the only identifier. Some of us use the icons to realise that "oh the one with the blue square is where I keep my garden keys and the leftmost clothing backpack is where my burden is".
    That YOU don't do it in this way doesn't mean that I or every new player doesn't use the large icon size.

In the same line of thought you're going, then why bother with graphics, all we really need are the texts and coordinates. Icons are there for visual recognition. Icons with higher price? Moneysink.
    Well, like I said - You don't forget which drawer on your dresser is the sock drawer just because it doesn't have a sock icon. Any I don't use list in Inventory - my bags just stay in the same spots so I remember what goes where - like so:
    http://www.taokore.net/ao/inventory.jpg.

But yes you're right, everyone is an individual and not everyone can or wants to do things like I do. I apologize.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

My dresser doesn't have 30 drawers and my closet doesn't have 90 even if I know the exact location of a bag it's still nice to have the visuals behind it. I do remember back when the only thing available was the different backpacks and you couldn't rename the or resize them, inv being 3x3 and bags being 3x2. I know all too well the importance of organising inventory to find things. Which is why I enjoy every help given to help people organise the AO inv hell.
    I apologize if I was a bit harsh in my last post. I was sitting being rather bored at a course I'm not all that hot on taking
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Plus, having different backpacks helps if something happens to your Prefs folder, like happened to me a while back. Didn't take that long to reorganize my inventory, but then I remembered the bank. Packed full of identical backpacks. When I finally got it reorganized, I started using the other types of large backpacks for some visual distinction. Now, I can keep it completely organized without worrying what will happen if the bank order or backpack names get screwed up somehow. That's worth the extra money to me.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

I need someone who helps me putting all things of my old bp into the new ones... wait better not i am sure some things would get lost on the way, i will do it alone

It would also be nice if backpacks kept their names and sorting order when traded, but I suspect that would take some major recoding, from what little I know of how the current behavior works.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Your statements are very valid for the most part Masta... I suppose maybe I am OCD. Plus I have mad respect for you as an NT vet and pro, an NT being my secondary on main account.

Yeah, it would be *uber* nice to have bags keep names when traded, but I must say - the prefs thing is a user error. I personally make a backup every so often which includes AO prefs, screens, & scripts. Every computer user should do this with anything important to them.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12