Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Backpacks...

New Backpacks...

What exactly are the point of these?

They are the same size as normal Large Backpacks when placed in social.
    They have the same amount of space as other backpacks.
    They cost twice as much as a normal Large Backpack.

The only difference is the icon.

I don't get it :S
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

having more icons to sort things in the bank...

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    I don't get it :S
    The only difference is the icon.
    You just did.

The old icons are fugly and there are too few of them.

Icon variety is win enough, imo.

Whats wrong with renaming the backpack and just using the list option for the Bank?

Whats a better visual indicator than that?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

List option is OK for bank but I prefer icons for inventory. It's much easier to click a square icon than a list item in the heat of battle.

Whats wrong with renaming the backpack and just using the list option for the Bank?

Suppose you lose your prefs, or have to log in from a friend's computer. Having different icons will at least narrow down the number of packs you'll have to look through to find the item you need.

If you don't feel the need for new icons, by all means continue using the old packs. They're not going anywhere.

List is the way to go for bank use, but for the inventory varied icons are pure win imo
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Suppose you lose your prefs, or have to log in from a friend's computer. Having different icons will at least narrow down the number of packs you'll have to look through to find the item you need.
    Quite situational, but I guess.

If you don't feel the need for new icons, by all means continue using the old packs. They're not going anywhere.
    I'll use the new ones, but I was just trying to figure out if there was anything besides the icons that they were there for. Personally I didn't see a need for more icons but, hey, thats just me.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Its the price that gets me...why are the new ones costing around 43k for a lowbie with around 700 CL?
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

These new and bigger icons are nice. Likewise good job on the composite icons, they are easier to read then all that blurry crap I'm used to. Especially in the ncu window.

How about suggesting more icons ? I didn't see a tradeskill based "tool" one. (Edit: nvm there one and a gear, gj.)

It took me years to understand what some of these icons are, and some are still beyond my grasp. (The one for psychology expertise, wtf is that?)
    Last edited by boltgun; Jun 23rd, 2010 at 19:07:41.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Just a thing missing.. if you wear them, they look like a normal large BP.

No, a XLARGE OMNI bp should show an OMNI sign on wear, and so should the other ones.

Wait, you can rename backpacks?!

WTF have I been all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by NaimahDolgoth View Post
    Wait, you can rename backpacks?!

WTF have I been all these years?
    Wow, just login from 2004? :lol:

You didn't notice, they also hold 250 kilograms, much more than the large backpacks

Of course, weight hasn't mattered in-game for years, so I'm not sure why they put that there.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Wow, just login from 2004? :lol:
    I suppose it just isn't one of those features I ever made use of. Can't miss it if ya don't know it's there.

Me <3 the new backpacks \o/

Great stuff FC
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

I'm with OP. This is kind of a lame addition imo. Maybe if there were some random semi-significant stat adds like a few of the other bags, they would be useful. Personally, I keep the same amount of bags in the same spots with the same types of gear/loot most of the time on most of my toons anyways, so it's easy to remember what goes where.

You don't forget which drawer on your dresser is the sock drawer just because it doesn't have a sock icon! Silly devs - I will forgive your silliness due to the glory of the dailies!
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    I'm with OP. This is kind of a lame addition imo. Maybe if there were some random semi-significant stat adds like a few of the other bags, they would be useful. Personally, I keep the same amount of bags in the same spots with the same types of gear/loot most of the time on most of my toons anyways, so it's easy to remember what goes where.

You don't forget which drawer on your dresser is the sock drawer just because it doesn't have a sock icon! Silly devs - I will forgive your silliness due to the glory of the dailies!
    As I said, you're free to continue using the old ones. Just because you didn't want new backpack icons doesn't mean other people can't appreciate them. The icons were made by Docaholic, so adding these backpacks has taken very little time from FC's part and hasn't had an impact on other things.

As I said, you're free to continue using the old ones. Just because you didn't want new backpack icons doesn't mean other people can't appreciate them. The icons were made by Docaholic, so adding these backpacks has taken very little time from FC's part and hasn't had an impact on other things.
    Well obviously we are not being forced to use them. That's not the issue. It just would have been nice to have a practical use for them aside from their aesthetic qualities. Also, 40k is change in nearly any player's pockets, but they are still just over 50X more expensive than a bag which does the same thing (small bag). The whole use vs. cost ratio doesn't pan out to me. So, again, I would have liked to see some more practical implementation here. I know I'm not near alone on this. But it is somewhat of a trivial matter, so I'll shush and let the rest of you to continue enjoying them. :P
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast