Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 25th, 2010 - Happy Birthday..Holy sh*t we're NINE!

Cheers to the dev team, today and days past!

Best memory is... Uh... I guess it's related to the fact that I finally got Swordbreaker out of four years of tradeskill setup to a peeveepee setup, even if I kinda lost interest in playing shortly after I did that.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

3rd page!

Grats on being 9! What is that in AO years?

A big thank you to all the Dev's past and present... for everything.

Favorite memories include: the first time I saw OA stormed by aliens... (even got myself some Alien Probes), training hecks onto kite hill (and getting banned), and I can't believe no one has mentioned the epic zix farming!

Drink up, here's to 9 more!
    Last edited by wooooot; Jun 25th, 2010 at 23:18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by wooooot View Post
    3rd page!

Grats on being 9! What is that in AO years?
    9 years.

P.S.
    Means, can we get an update on balance documentation, pretty plx, with cherry on top?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Let's hope FC can build us a memory with "Its Muffin' or Nuffin" Tshirts.
    If they don't do this for their 10th Anniversary then I'm demanding they make them for mine.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Hopefully the game continues to grow.

I think my favorite memory is...

uhh.

Watching sandworms wreak havoc on the poor players at totw!
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

All Hail The Funcom Team.

Kudos on 9th Birthday all, it's quite the achievement.

Thanks for AO, lots of us love the worlds you've created

Aik
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

My favorite memory is walking in walk mode (!) from Foremans Office to the ToTw to become an immortal saint of the three wind cult, well it didn´t work but it was fun to just walk and watch the surroundings and the area and some cool stuff like the umbrella trees etc... and it only took me about 3 hours.

To bad its the last year, at last for rk2 that is simply empty and people are rerolling on rk1 like rats running away from sinking ship but good luck anyway. You guys from FC should learn to talk less and do more because a year of "balancing" BS actually made more people quit than imbalance itself.

My favorite memory were times when i could log in and i saw some people around me. ATM im sitting on a froob mule just in front of tl5 BS that was my home for a long time and there are only 3 afk people there (all clan ofc) ... damn you... 9 more years .... rotfl.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jun 25th, 2010 at 18:17:22.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    To bad its the last year, at last for rk2 that is simply empty and people are rerolling on rk1 like rats running away from sinking ship but good luck anyway. You guys from FC should learn to talk less and do more because a year of "balancing" BS actually made more people quit than imbalance itself.

My favorite memory were times when i could log in and i saw some people around me. Im sitting on a froob mule just in front of tl5 BS that was my home for a long time and there are only 3 afk people there (all clan ofc) ... damn you... 9 more years .... rotfl.
    Bump not the RK2 bizz but the balancing act.....

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Patrik Persson - Lead Coder (Macrosun)
    Brad L. McAtee - Senior Designer (Kintaii)
    Sjur Helland - Render Engine and Tools + Vice President of Patching (Parsed)
    OJ Kielland - Art/Modelling/World Building (Flaptoot)
    Tony Westerlund - Art/Modelling/World Building (Mstrbstrd)
    Helene Grøstad - Designer (Genele)
    Fia Tjernberg - Senior Designer (Lindelu)
    Michael Jensen - Designer/Coder (Metaing)
    Sergey Nenakhov - Senior render coder
    Why does Sergey not have an in game name? This can't be right!
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Happy Bornday AO!
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post

My favorite memory were times when i could log in and i saw some people around me. ATM im sitting on a froob mule just in front of tl5 BS that was my home for a long time and there are only 3 afk people there (all clan ofc) ... damn you... 9 more years .... rotfl.
    If all you do is sit at tl5 BS all day then its no wonder.

Again, just because YOUR friends quit, doesn't mean everyone else did.

So are we done with beta soon?
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Happy Birthday, Anarchy Online. Your history has been chaotic and interesting, but despite the large MMOs by huge studios being released, you manage to trudge along and keep the faith going for the community. ^_^

I think my favorite memory was the moment I realized I could make actual friends from this game, not just random internet people. Or, maybe it was the first time a mine killed me in a mission, or when a reet smack talked me on noob island.

There's too many little memories to really pick one.
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

A moving post Means. Surprising to see everyone's RL name - sometimes unexceptional, sometimes more exotic (to my eye/ears) than their in-game name.

My favorite memory is getting power-leveled on beetle-blasters with NewArival and a few other guys about 3 weeks after I started playing this game (Feb 2002, I think). It was the first time I'd made any kind of progress in the game and the first time joy - not stubborness - had motivated me in this VL. Prior to that I'd been playing my NT and raising skills - and draining IP - based on what armor I found and tried to get on ("I need more str and stam! ... and Full Auto!"). My level 10'ish NT had gotten about 100 yards into Greater Tir County, saved, and started getting chain-killed (before there was chain-kill relocation written into the code) by everything, including the ducks, out there. When New started power-leveling my partially clothed, equipped with what I'd found, 15-something MA in Varmint Woods it was the first time I felt progress, felt like I was prevailing... even if only by proxy. It was also the first time I found someone that I would consider a friend in this VL.

Still have that MA - it's my main now. And still have the NT too.

I'm glad you and the rest of the FC have stuck with this game through thick and thin. I know you have your doubts sometimes - 30+ year old man running a game world. Must seem silly. It's not. This is the grand-daddy of all running scifi Mogs, most Mogs in general. The themes this game addressed from the start are adult, complicated, eternal - and the TnA is a hoot. From the player's perspective... the worse things get in RL the more people will derive sustenance - strange as that may seem - from this VL. On top of that no other MOG had the courage to address such volatile issues in the core of it's game. It's unlikely any other Mog will. Be nice someday to pick up that guttering torch.

Thanks to FC for this world.
    Last edited by If6Was9; Jun 25th, 2010 at 20:30:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Hmm, memories. One of my favorites was the 100+ member clan NW team -- with the docs casting A&O on all of us

Never laughed so much in a game since that The list of names in the team window stretched beyond the top and bottom of the screen.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Has it been nine years already? Wow. We're getting closer to the 10th Anniversary :O You know what, that's a decade! :O Amazing. Simply amazing. I have a lot of fond memories from AO. Treasurehunting, meeting people who will later turn out to be your best friend. There are too many good moments to choose from.

Means, that was beautifully written! Sounds like you guys has a wicked time in the office, even if the kids are in, and that's what matters the most, the three wonderful letters: FUN.

I myself have had so much fun with AO that I can't think of any other game that I'd really enjoy.

Happy birthday, and many more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    If all you do is sit at tl5 BS all day then its no wonder.

Again, just because YOUR friends quit, doesn't mean everyone else did.
    A lot of people are leaving rk2, just because you don't notice this doesn't make it not true.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Iriche - Who the hell let him in here? (apparently visiting today)
    Damn Iriche's quest for world domination!
    He's already infiltrated the office!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast