Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 25th, 2010 - Happy Birthday..Holy sh*t we're NINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    lol iriche.
    and lol at you ;(

SNAKES ON A BOAT
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    It's hard to catch 5000 when there's only like 50 twinks left on active accounts IMO
    Yeah but they could totally do it 100 times each!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Memories... yea a lot, maybe not the best memory, but starting as a froob advy back in autumn -05 I couldnt understand that this game could be any fun at all. The only thing I saw was heavy mist, and nothing else really. I started swimming from the shuttle, and erm.... swam away from the shore... swam forever and then started swimming the opposite way and landed on a beach.

Talked to Brandon, and walked around a bit. Then I got this tip that you could adjust viewrange and stuff, and the whole world opened up. I was amazed to say the least!!! This game was stunning.

Later doing teammissions with my bro (also advy) for tatoos, cause those were so cool!!! Both of us with newb swords and no implants, the missions was sooo hard, and the world so big. hmm.. advy got deleted after a while lol.

Logging on on Noob island, and thinking "well, the area is sort of big". Eventually making my way to the mainland, and thinking the same, again, really.

Running away from Trash King - several times!

Teaming up with noob friends in Totw and managing to kill the Exarchs and Nematet all by ourselves. Epic.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

The first person I ever talked to in a MMO was someone I met in west athen in 2001 when I started playing. He also gave me the first advice I ever got in a MMO.

He told me to dance for credits.

Now, 9 years later, I have still never danced for credits. Not once!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

epic moment? getting lost outside cities and saving at deserted spots....i'm lost!!?
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

Wise move.

I've been Dancing for free in this game for years. I have won credits in GSP contests, but you don't need to dance to do that. Outside of that it has been the rare occasion (read: I can't recall the last time it happened or even if it has ever happened) that I received a donation specifically because I was Dancing. I'm not sure who is giving credits for dancing, but either they don't come to GSP shows or they just don't like me.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

I still laugh at the memory of my first time in a yalm.
    It was my most valuable possession & I was really excited to try it out.

It didn't go well.
    I was trying to control it entirely by mouse, as if I had to drag it around.

Of course my org-mates were all sitting around watching, as my yalm lurched & jerked around;
    ending up each attempt in an awkward, twisted position.

I think we were all in tears. It was a sight to see.
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Hunting roller-rats around Stret West Bank with Gothvampyre when we were both n00bs and neither of us really had a grasp on AO. She was running around with Rider Executioners which looked huge and ridiculous, and I was slinging BBI Faithfuls (which are equally huge and ridiculous) or whatever crap pistols I happened to pick up in missions. All this before the Adventurer love patch (14.2?)

Good times...
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Few Questions sort of..

Just out of curiosity, and not too sure if this is the right place to mention this but..

I noticed the rendered heads of the breads, now does this mean there will be a full body rendering and mob rendering?,
    Yes I see your working on the "New Engine" and limited staff from how it appears..
    If it is taking this long for rendering of heads, will the bodies take as long? Seeing how balancing those tasks and the engine I have a feeling you’re going to struggle to have the "complete package".
    I would assume that the engine first with new models or models after?
    Anyways, I can't see how you’re going to accomplish those and release this year?

Allot of questions yes, but I’ve been playing along time and you tend to hear the same excuses? Or problems. If need be just straight up tell us, ok limited staff limited time = long process.
    I'm not going anywhere AO is where I will be until it closes, it's nice now and to add a shinny coat of paint is nice but I'd rather have an honest answer, say ok and carry on my playing. No it wouldn't affect my playing but as a reader more than a poster on the forums, I tend to read a some lines of FWM and more or less see the outcome before I get to it.
    And come to the conclusion of same old same old heard it before.

but I will give you major props for the Daily missions, takes allot of the inf grind boredom out of my play time and the LE missions are allot more enjoyable, thank you there again.

Have a good one, and why no free full IPR for the birthday disappointed at that a little tbh.
    Hopefully 10th Birthday will have something in that direction.

Oh and any chance of updating the veterans booth, stale and old items, I have so many vet points it would be nice to have veteran only items, t-shirts, special AO shirts, veteran yalm paint, stuff more geared to emphasizing Veteran.

Thanks.

I think everyone here are hungry for information about new engine. Feed as !

Lot of ppl from our my multi-mmog-game clan just waiting for new engine to jump in the game.

GZ to lvl 9 !

Screw the new engine.

We gonna see that new building soon?

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Screw the new engine.

We gonna see that new building soon?
    Screw that new Building.

We gonna see the new engine soon?
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Want to see new building (which will be a sauna for sure) with aoc engine and aoc boobies inside and everything next week please, possible?

video would be enough...

I think my favorite memory in Ao that i can think of is when i was froob at 174 doing alot of BS, and the best times were when i beat people and them being mad that they got beat by a froob, it always provided a good laugh...and helping building my neutral org all the good times that we spent together
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    The first person I ever talked to in a MMO was someone I met in west athen in 2001 when I started playing. He also gave me the first advice I ever got in a MMO.

I've vaguely remember having someone tell me that. I was only 10 when I stated the game.

That was so funny. I actually tried it!

i remember teaming with a sub twink when i was new and i thought they we're sooo godly with there CAS armour ha
    I love AO but I'm never that good at it!
    SL rocks.

My top 8 memories of All time...........................

1. Running around Lush Hills hunting mutants and running for you life when a lifebleeder showed up.

2. Hunting Bothackers in 20k. 6 teams for a little ass area, trying to kill 10 NPC's but leaving the other ones alone.

3. Hunting in EFP.

4. I miss the mobs of people that Hung out at the BB in Omni-Ent

5. early days off PvP in MMD or zoning and getting my ass kicked By Wenzel waiting on the other side.

6. Finally getting my Slayer on my trox engi. & fianlly being able 2 afford a Yalm

7. I miss running around Galway and Clon**** getting to a far mission, only to have it be a cave and you cant get thru the door. or The mission was all Slybanes and it took 4 hours because everyone rooted you.

8. My all time favorite..... was hunting Bulls in Galway Shire. right when the game launched.

Guilds Ive been in ----
    OTDE 2nd division rangers.. with noob leader aspyrutus
    Band Of little Brothers.
    Twisted.
    Traveling Omni Love Machine
    and my Fav. Tainted Souls

Toons you may know
    Shaadraak - 1st toon Hammer enforcer
    Fatazzmofo | Prevayle - trox engi
    Quasimot0- trox MP
    Kingofkings - trox fixer
    GetoFabulous - Trox MP
    and now Gorillasalad Trox NT

least favorite memory, the pads quest... killing all those robots. Ive been playing 9 years and still havent finished it. always was over camped and Ive always been a trox some I have wated to use VTE's

Quote Originally Posted by soulviver View Post
    My top 8 memories of All time...........................

1. Running around Lush Hills hunting mutants and running for you life when a lifebleeder showed up.
    Haha that was so much fun. Hunting pixies in low gas was fun as well
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast