Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP Pet Combination Choice

Why not make it so that you can't cast the same pet more then once.

For Example, If you want 3 attack pets you would have Rhiwen and the 2 below him instead of just 3 of Rhiwen.

The idea in general is great in my opinion though and would give more variety.
    Last edited by Kazmosis; Jun 29th, 2010 at 17:26:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmosis View Post

For Example, If you want 3 attack pets you would have Rhiwen and the 2 below him instead of just 3 of Rhiwen.

I doubt that the 2 top attack pets after Rhiwen will suffice for any MP. As it sits, their AR would be just too low.

I think to really make MP somewhat usefull we need some team stuff, so auras.
    Some expansion of the toolset would be nice too and it would make us very addaptable to situations if we can change what the ulity pet does.

I don't think there is a problem with auras, we're MP's, why shouldn't we be able to effect an area, we're supposed tocntrol the fabric of existence.
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

And we could pick wat we want by uploading a nano into the utility pet.
    The idea as it was presented, was that the Mez pet line would be split up with different types of pet having different types of effect (a little like the creation line is split up into various different types of creation. So you'd choose the pet that had the effect that you wanted.

I'm a fan of having each pet able to use a range of perk specials that all shared a cool-down - but the MP can activate each perk with an icon from his shortcut bar. So every pet has the ability to do every utility effect and the MP chooses which one is going to be used at any given moment.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    I doubt that the 2 top attack pets after Rhiwen will suffice for any MP. As it sits, their AR would be just too low.
    Well obviously that would need to be addressed with pet rework. I am just saying that having 3 of the same end-game attack pets wouldn't reallywork IMO. Not to mention how stupid it would look!

why not let MPs sacrifize 2 pets to summon 1 stronger....
    for example...
    MPs summons all 3 pets.... sacrifizes Healpet + Mez pet and ends up with Rhiwen and a stronger attack pet.
    or MP sacrifizes Rhiwen + Mezzpet to get a stronger attack pet and healpet.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

If FC decided that any 3 pets was really too overpowered - and I remain convinced that any 3 pets could be balanced - but if FC decided they couldn't balance it, then you could go with being able to cast 2 pets of the same type with one other pet.

X

lol shield MP with three Rihwens: x /pet attack /win
    we would instantly be no.1 DD at any raid too, even shield MPs.

nice idea, needs sitdelta rework before that happens lol.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

lol shield MP with three Rihwens: x /pet attack /win
    we would instantly be no.1 DD at any raid too, even shield MPs.

nice idea, needs sitdelta rework before that happens lol.
    Yeah, but we will have a hard time buffing them all with everything )
    Molotoff Cocktail

For some reason, 100% break chance is not 100%.
    No, you are wrong.

Just made some tests - Yidira's root is 100% breakable on any damage (pet, nukes, hits), and not touched by debufs (like NSD or so). As MP have very low chance of hitting some evaders it may looks like that root is unbeakable, but actually you just can't hit the target to break it.

And another important issue with Yidira.

It has absolutly no chance of rooting any moving target!
    Even if I have 1000 more runspeed than target at the moment of casting of Yidira.
    The target must stand still for some time to be rooted, and that make Yidira useless.

If FC is planning to rebuild MP pets and make utilites pets, they must fix it.
    If they dont, all our utilities pets will be useless no matter how hard debufs they can land.
    Last edited by gaiatry; Jul 2nd, 2010 at 15:53:18.
    Molotoff Cocktail

Just made some tests - Yidira's root is 100% breakable on any damage (pet, nukes, hits), and not touched by debufs (like NSD or so)
    That's strange. The nano that mez pets use, is supposed to be 100% breakable on damage, debuff or nano attack. So you shouldn't really be able to debuff the target without the root breaking.

I fully agree though, that the biggest difficulty is with the mez pet simply not casting its effect on a moving target. I'd like to see the utility pets use perk specials rather than nanos - and for the effect to have a longer range (present range is only 25m).

X

That's strange. The nano that mez pets use, is supposed to be 100% breakable on damage, debuff or nano attack.
    According to records in db like "Yidira_New_Weapon_Proc_Hopefully_Please_Work1_001 " FC had a hard time making Yidira work and just give up on it )
    Molotoff Cocktail

They were trying to make a new mechanic for Ydira when they were developing the pet, possibly for landing a blind effect called Scream of Yidira.

In the end though, they went with the normal mechanic and Mesmeric Gaze, which as you can see has 100% breakability for all 3 values: weapon damage, debuff and hostile nano.

X

which as you can see has 100% breakability for all 3 values: weapon damage, debuff and hostile nano.
    Yes, I see it in description, but actually it does not break on debuff.
    So that is a bug.
    Molotoff Cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by gaiatry View Post
    No, you are wrong.
    I'm not talking about this one particularly. Debuffs that have 100% chance to break don't break all the time. Just have the debuff window on and you'll see that engi blinds, mezzes, etc stays for a while even when a full RI is attacking the target.

They do break but 100%? nope.
    blah

They do break but 100%? nope.
    Report a bug then ? You are professional..

My tests did'nt confirm it nevertheless.
    Molotoff Cocktail

It has been reported countless of times.
    blah

It has been reported countless of times.
    Maybe already fixed then =)
    Last edited by gaiatry; Jul 5th, 2010 at 12:32:40.
    Molotoff Cocktail

It's not. At least not for blinds and mezzes on Live.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmosis View Post

This is what I was thinking too, makes more sense than allowing 3 of the same pet.
    Could even go so far as to be Rhiwen + 1 demon + 1 floating testicle.

After all, if they were allowed 3 Rhiwen, Id demand 2 Carlos and 2 charmed mobs!
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast