Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 9th, 2010 - Summertime fun

Dibs on new engine closed beta!

At the risk of asking a stupid question... WHY does the Nanomage have GREEN eyes? I thought we had already established that the new Nanomage eyes were going to be glowing BLUE. Green just looks strange for a Nanomage.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    "This year" will be over in a few months...not that I really believed you when you said the new engine would be done "this year"...but hopefully by "a few" you mean 3 or 4, because you only have 5 more months to get it done {removed}
    It's not really lies, just "Crap, took longer than we planned."

It happens all the time in video game development, and every other part of life.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 10th, 2010 at 03:29:56.

Whats with that weird asian cowboy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanisthonus View Post
    It's not really lies, just "Crap, took longer than we planned."

It happens all the time in video game development, and every other part of life.

ussually it takes less then: oh crap, were 3 years behind the schedule!

3 years, a third of ao's lifetime, bit over half of how long i play ao,,, half my ao history im waiting for that engine too happen, heh
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    At the risk of asking a stupid question... WHY does the Nanomage have GREEN eyes? I thought we had already established that the new Nanomage eyes were going to be glowing BLUE. Green just looks strange for a Nanomage.
    Because he's Christopher Walken, that's why!

Wall-of-Text today! yAy
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    ussually it takes less then: oh crap, were 3 years behind the schedule!

3 years, a third of ao's lifetime, bit over half of how long i play ao,,, half my ao history im waiting for that engine too happen, heh
    When you reach my age, three years feels like a short time. I feel like they just started to talk about the new engine.

Then again I have used 7 years reaching lvl 212 :-)
    Xerfi - 205 Fixer, General of Argentum Astrum

ferst!

glad to hear someone's working on the engine.

also glad to hear noob island is getting worked on.

new heads actually look AOish, nice work.
    Last edited by Soultraider; Jul 9th, 2010 at 16:35:01. Reason: no reason, no reason at all...
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 1! \o/
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

solitus_male_40686.jpg looks too martian.

Seriously though, nice work on this set of heads. They clearly reference their old counterparts.

Thank you for the updated information about the problem with the inside of the new building. That will also help out for those that might have placed the duck box in a position they are not happy with, such as the building within having the door on a side against another building.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jul 9th, 2010 at 16:50:26.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Also, where's the new video of the engine you promised 5 months ago?
    2 possibilities:

a) they don't want to disappoint ppl who think that they completely redo all the graphics and ao
    will look like crysis afterwards

b) as it doesn't run, there's nothing to record

i go for a)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

The heads look too german macho stereotype.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    He's wearing yellow contacts.

yellow + blue = green
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

2nd page woot!

edit: fail... 3rd page :[

Btw excellent FWM all around, good reads, great work on the faces, keep it up!

*** [AO Year 9 Video Coming soon!!!] ***

-see last year's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYvIQ0ri5Kg
    * watch in HD wooo!
    Last edited by cube; Jul 9th, 2010 at 17:03:06.

About the buildings, give em all a spoon and make em work for it!

Have a good weekend, cheers
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Just to be clear, we can delete the new building with the GM now or do we wait? Can we replace the building now, or does it have to be deleted now and then placed later once it is revealed?
    You wait.

Only the unwrapped building will be a working one, so you need to wait until its patched in and you have your doorless building, then petition and wait for the GM to arrive.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    You wait.

Only the unwrapped building will be a working one, so you need to wait until its patched in and you have your doorless building, then petition and wait for the GM to arrive.
    I think you can do it now. Just have to be sure a GM is present to see you delete the building. Then the GM will spawn a new building in your inventory.

Thats how I understood it at least.

I suppose that might work too lol
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast