Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 9th, 2010 - Summertime fun

building ... for all farming efforts made (3 buildings planted in our alliance O_o) + this petitionning needed (so, 3 times for us), we're a lot to hope a worthy buff will stack up to the city within that addition.
    also i guess we must wait the patch to petition ...

out of that, those heads looks okay BUT way too american !

xD
    Last edited by bitnykk; Jul 9th, 2010 at 17:18:25.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Gresshoppe View Post
    When you reach my age, three years feels like a short time. I feel like they just started to talk about the new engine.

Then again I have used 7 years reaching lvl 212 :-)
    Good to see i'm not the only old fart left been here since 2000 lol

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

It good to finally receive some head from Means, again. I look forward to applying to beta test the engine (if there even is an application).

On the chat system fix: Please do not remove any of the fuctionality! AO has _the_ best chat I've seen in any game.

Thanks for the update though. Today's good news almost makes last week's lost FWM insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    You wait.

Only the unwrapped building will be a working one, so you need to wait until its patched in and you have your doorless building, then petition and wait for the GM to arrive.
    You can petition now. The GM will verify that you have a building, will ask you to destroy it and then will spawn a new building in your inventory. The GM will also ask you to wait for the update before planting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    You can petition now. The GM will verify that you have a building, will ask you to destroy it and then will spawn a new building in your inventory. The GM will also ask you to wait for the update before planting it.
    Yup. Just had this done myself by the local friendly GM. Even if he did appear a bit stoned and spawned a cracked nano crystal (essense of might) on the first attempt, instead of the building

I got it though, so thanks for speedy expedition.

Will we be able to xfer toons to the Closed Alpha/Beta and play with them like we do on TL?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Among the many slowdowns Sergey eliminated last week it was surprising to find out that one of the main sources of graphical "stalls" was actually the chat window of all things. It turns out the text used in the chat is all rendered real-time as it appears in the window...and the more text sent in a message surprisingly enough the larger "stall" it would produce. T
    I guess no one in FC ever tried to kite with an NT :P

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...
    ----------------------------------------------

I've added some to the bottom of this post...even including one that can not possibly be "too asian".
    Not too asian, but the wires makes it too obvious that someone controlling it!

Balance Update

We fought with each other for a protracted period of time this week to FINALLY agree on the Nano changes for the Martial Artist profession this week. We hope to release these numbers/new mechanic to the community next Friday. I'm hoping we have another fought out and agreed on next week too.
    Very good news to us all Grats MA comunity, finally seem to get closer to the attention you deserve!
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    The engine is getting smoother and smoother and the performance with all the bells and whistles turned on is quickly stabilizing into a version we can use for a closed beta client within the next few months.
    so, see you in... next year maybe?

I am glad I am frozed.

I find myself more interested in upcoming games then AO - since building whole NEW game, with engine, desing takes less time then transfer it for new engine (w/o desinging new content, items, mechanics ect...)
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Gresshoppe View Post
    When you reach my age, three years feels like a short time. I feel like they just started to talk about the new engine.

Then again I have used 7 years reaching lvl 212 :-)

im not that young as you might think, sadly
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

I am sorry that we missed being able to provide information from the team last week (for what I think was the first time in what hs probably been years..)
    As far as I know it was the first, could be wrong but I can't remember you ever missing one before. When you first started these and said you'd do them every week I fully expected you to run out of things to say before long and miss a week here or there regularly. You or at least the team haven't and that's pretty darn good.

I've added some to the bottom of this post...even including one that can not possibly be "too asian".
    Although one looks like it's hanging from two blue strings which is a bit odd.

We fought with each other for a protracted period of time this week to FINALLY agree on the Nano changes for the Martial Artist profession this week.
    Yay! I hope.

The New Birthday Building
    If you do add some new special event building again in the future please, please, please don't follow the same pattern you did this time. At the very least don't do the it's one thing now and will be something else later thing. I don't know about anyone else but not being able to place it properly (no idea where the door would face) when it's a different building now caused WAY more drama for me than I wanted to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    At the risk of asking a stupid question... WHY does the Nanomage have GREEN eyes? I thought we had already established that the new Nanomage eyes were going to be glowing BLUE. Green just looks strange for a Nanomage.
    They like green it seems, haven't you seen the newly changed old shade spirits?

First!

edit: aw damn lag..
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Balance Update

We fought with each other for a protracted period of time this week to FINALLY agree on the Nano changes for the Martial Artist profession this week. We hope to release these numbers/new mechanic to the community next Friday. I'm hoping we have another fought out and agreed on next week too.
    When is the NT discussion?

:shrug: I wouldn't worry in this particular case. I am sure FC would still reimburse you if you got scammed this way. At least when it comes to this specific item.

Anyways, dont mistake trust for lack of intelligence.

Nice update. We will probably be getting more info on the closed beta eventually?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Nice update. We will probably be getting more info on the closed beta eventually?
    Well Means said in a few months (FC time), so that's like 8 years real world time.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Why is the coder doing work on the old engine? Did you back off from the idea (mentioned a few months ago) of a single, new client and decide to go forward with both old and new clients? Or will we see some stop-gap performance improvements in the old engine before the new one arrives?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Only 8... that is pretty fast i need to update my hardware before otherwise i can´t use the cool dx11 effects, oh wait it will be only dx9 hm ok...

It is kinda sad that they progress so slow on the new engine, it is in work for 3 years now, with closed beta in a few months, let´s be realistic, the engine won´t come up before 10th birthday, this could be a nice present, but in 4 years other companys create 4 complete games, well none of them are as cool as ao but 4 years just for an engine transfer seems to be too long, i know i know you have limited resources, but sooner or later the question has to show up if an updated engine was a good plan with such limited resources.

Not that i don´t think a new engine would have been needed, it is about time that ao gets the update, but with this long working time you are disappointing more people than you actually are able to satisfy, at least the result have to look great otherwise this won´t take a good ending i think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookie View Post
    Posting in one for once!

Ps im the Third, which means Netherlands wins 3 - 0
    I really hope so! Party in Amsterdam after it!
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast