Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 9th, 2010 - Summertime fun

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Traders didn't "go through" rebalancing. BR and GTH had been problems for a long time, and those two nanos were simply made realistic.
    errr.. BR and GTH wasnt made realistic... tbh they are rendered almost useless...
    im not complaining to much abuot it tho sincce traders still fun to pvp on.
    but seems FC can never make a middle road where they nerf stuff to a lvl where they actually still work somewhat w/o completly destroying the opponent.

but when i duel a 219 doc and i have YEIYF and RK nano drain and GTH and spamming the SL nano steal and they still not out of nano long enough to not be able to outheal all dmg i do the nano is pretty much useless.'
    same with BR... sure the -reflect is pretty nice to cast on soldiers... but it lasts way to short time to actually do any real dmg to the soldier since u get 1 AS of during it...
    and max reflect 30% it returns if the soldier had AMS 10?
    lol they shoulda just made it always give +10% reflect and stack with RRFE instead and make it last 20 sec or so ... then it actually had been somewhat useful.
    not to mention how utterly useless NBD is now after the GTH nerf...
    that nano realy needs to get reworked to be usefull after the GTH nerf...
    my nano pools empties faster then the recharge from casting NBD and then im back to taking full dmg ...... but with an empty nano pool instead .... even tho i have GTH on a NT at the same time.

just opinting out that FC usually doesnt nerf or boost anything in a right scale....
    its always an overkill of 1 way or the other when minor tweaks had usually fixed it.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Nice head jobs there.
    ಠ_ಠ

awesome heads ^^.
    hopefully 1 of my accounts get a beta invite hehe.

keep up the good work Means
    With all my power I give courage to me and my family

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    errr.. BR and GTH wasnt made realistic... tbh they are rendered almost useless...
    No, they are still OP'd.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    No, they are still OP'd.
    klod is Op'd. nerf klod.

I have high expectations for the MA changes. Don't let me down Means.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    honestly, the least ma needs are nano modifications. i didn't even bother (no ip anyways) to skill nanoskills on ma for the nanos that came with db quest aso.
    MAs nanos don't need to be modified yet you don't use DB ones. Makes sense .. not!

First part of rebalancing was perks, now it's nano, rest will follow..
    blah

The first solitus picture lol thats the head of the roddytwins those bastards I havent seen them in years and still recognize them
    Freshman $oulez 220/25 atrox bureaucrat
    Freshman $oule$oldier 220/29 nanomage NT - Stuff (outdated)
    Freshman Duratrox 220/20 Kung fu master

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I must say I'm very glad to hear of more balance changes being discussed, and personally I don't care which professions nanos are dealt with first, second or third etc. as I'm sure every profession will get looked at before the balance patch goes live.
    /facepalm. Trader nanos went live before anyone else's did.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Changes to GTH and BR aren't the reblancing of traders nanos as stated multiple times.
    blah

yeah lol !

Means just announced MA nanos had been discussed and agreed, and before any precision people start whinez0r, pretend the quickest fixes on trader (wich btw is one of the most OPed in PVP, esp. on low titles) were final rebalancing, and start to pop anti-nerfbat cocoons on their favorite prof.
    we all have one or several loved class, but FFS pls wait to consider the globality of ALL changes made on ALL prof, on ALL aspects (nanos, nemesis, cooldowns, perks, breeds, actions, fixes) before any complain ...

personnally i do not love to see my fixer more sensible to perks (as lotta avoidance prolly gonna become NR instead of 3 evade skills), but if that global rebalance make advys less godmode on (coon ch doflimb unroot/snarable), enfos less unkillable (1H DD fix, too many HP, NR/RS proc/nanos), traders more balanced (esp. low titles), NT & sold more fun to fight (instead of 1 winbutton gameplay), etc ... in the end i'll be 100% glad to lose that little evade if globaly AO PVP get improved and balanced.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

fyi means, I updated my email address on my account page details, and it told me to verify email address with the email verification auto-sent to my inbox. pretty snazzy! But, when i clicked the link to verify email address, it sent me to AOC account sign in page. theres no message anywhere on my ao account page regarding a need to verify the email address at this point. might wanna get the copy-and-paste coder who did AO account page to fix that.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Talking This is Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    MA is not exactly a high priority prof to either nerf or improve. Hence my question:
    When is the NT discussion happening?
    Nice of you to decide that MA which has gotten ZERO love in years is "Not a High Priority".

Lets see...

1. No Xan Fist or Weapon update, Did Soldiers get one? (Answer: Yes, Sols got an updated Xan Weapon)

2. No Useful DB quest nanos, Did Soldiers get some? (Answer: Yes, Sols got some VERY nice DB quest nanos)

3. Nerfed Evades to hell with LE while boosting AAO , Did that help Soldiers? (Answer: Yes)

4. Ranged Prof vs. Melee Prof , Which is better? (Answer: Ranged and by a clear margin)

I could go on lol. Seriously FC please do this rebalancing in a way that completely splits PvM and PvP mechanics cos I'm tired of ppl saying all this stuff needs to be changed because they got nuked alot in PvP. I don't PvP and I dont care to be nerfed so ppl can PvP.

My PvM MA has gotten NOTHING from FC in about 3 years now. So please do not say that SOLDIERS (an insanely powerful prof) need work more than a prof that has been basically shelved for years because of your PvP problems with NT's. I mean lol dude.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Just going to say - Deleting posts out of the FWM thread that are directly related to what Means said is full of fail, especially without so much as a comment on the PROBLEM it discusses.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Just going to say - Deleting posts out of the FWM thread that are directly related to what Means said is full of fail, especially without so much as a comment on the PROBLEM it discusses.
    Welcome to Anarchy Forums, where the mods are 'excessive', to say the least... Should see the Life on Atlantean forums...There's no life on there either, it's all modded out of existance. Regularly.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Posts about GM actions are not allowed on the forums, especially in the way you posted them.

Publicly questioning moderation is also not allowed. If you have an issue, use the correct channels in both cases.

I've been trying to be very clear about this without also coming down like a ton of bricks on the heads of various persons. Means, Kintaii, et al are very open and communicative. But unless the rules of the forum are re-written, their openness does not mean "the forums get to be a dumping ground for every gripe I have, regardless of whether or not it violates the forum rules."

If you have a problem with one of the GMs, take it through proper channels, in the proper email address. If you have a problem with a moderator, take it up with the moderation team in private messages.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    and max reflect 30% it returns if the soldier had AMS 10?
    It'll take a soldier with 87% reflect down to 57% reflect, which is far less than TMS 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Very good FWM!!

This is like the only time i read something and actually enjoy when it's a wall of text.

Looking forward to seeing the new balance updates for MA, should be interesting, even though my MA sucks >.< (someone give me Gambolings it's too expensive :[ )

Can't wait to see a new starter area! I actually used to dislike the current one, but somehow i now quite like it! (SL starter area is kick ass though).

I'm impressed with the heads also, my NT has the same head in the Nanomage head, so it's cool to see how better i'll be after the update , the first Solitus head is actually really impressive, nice one on that.

ALSO to Means:
    Don't release a video of the new engine at all! That way when we get to play it; the first time seeing it will be us playing it and it'll be so much more awesome (i think anywa).

WTB invite to closed beta
    Last edited by metaplast; Jul 11th, 2010 at 01:24:38.
    I love AO but I'm never that good at it!
    SL rocks.

What do you expect from crack dealers?
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Again, when will we see changes to CB? and NT nanos in general?

I'm still amazed that they didn't get looked at first.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast