Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 9th, 2010 - Summertime fun

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Again, when will we see changes to CB? and NT nanos in general?

I'm still amazed that they didn't get looked at first.
    It has been said relentless times they are going to get revamped/balanced, just like a lot of other stuff. It will get released in one big balance patch/update. And maybe they do have looked into that already, but are still finishing the details?
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

Now you give very good head, Means!

I mean very well modelled heads, those are what most wanted i'd wager.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Now i know whan has happened with mysterious tribe from The Easter Island that was obsessed with head monuments; they have moved to Scandinavia and are named Funcom.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht
    Question: will we be someday able to buy a ready to pop 220 toon with vet points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    No. Not while I am in charge at any rate.

That being said a character part-way (say level 200) might be something I would consider for vets who already have a 220 main.

This is called "waffling"? 220 just feels offensive...200 a little less.
    I can has now?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    wtb engine beta invite, kthxbai

on a serious note: i really hope all active ao players will get an invite to that
    Haha, I'm almost willing to do that

I must say I do like the new version of my head. It shows off my "experience" as for the Nano blue eyes. This nano has always had green eyes so it fits the model just fine.

Moving something from one platform to another actually takes longer than just creating something new from scratch because you have to do a lot of comparisions and clean up work and if they don't match pretty closely a lot of people are going to notice. Plus when you port sideways there are always issues that come up that you've never see coming, there are a lot of little things that add up.

Glad to hear we are going to have a new engine beta soon, like everyone else I'm voluntering to sign up to see what its like.

As for the new starter experience, yes AO can be challenging and has a lot more depth and subtlies than most other MMO's. Like most newbies I only found out about implants when checking on OOC for suggestions on how to make my lowbie self stronger. So if there were IPS type NPCs that sort of "trained" players in different aspects of thier profession at the lower levels. It might not be so overwhelming.

and BTW we are not shamanitic voodoo types.
    Step 1: uploads a Unique DNA sequence into reclaim director
    Step 2: place 100 mil cred bounty on a certain profesional
    Step 3: Sits with hammers reclaim terminal in remote location
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by DaviasI View Post
    As for the new starter experience, yes AO can be challenging and has a lot more depth and subtlies than most other MMO's. Like most newbies I only found out about implants when checking on OOC for suggestions on how to make my lowbie self stronger. So if there were IPS type NPCs that sort of "trained" players in different aspects of thier profession at the lower levels. It might not be so overwhelming.
    Yes! I've been thinking this would be an excellent idea myself. I think some sort of "Profession Academy" or other type of class or mission would work wonders. Especially if there were periodic (every TL or every x levels, dependent on the prof and breed) and required to advance further.

Now, to make sure that the people with many 220s and alts aren't put out, the classes or missions to teach your toolset or prove you know how to use it should not be long, so if you know what to do you won't be out much time at all. But hecknoobs will be forced to take a break from powerleveling to actually try to learn something before plunging on to 220 and finding out they have no skills and just a medsuit to their name in a part of the game dominated with supremely skilled and equipped players.

The idea needs a lot of polishing and detail added, but the basic premise of the GAME, not just outside websites, teaching you how to use your toolset (or at least one way to) is something we've really been lacking so far. Thoughts?

Oops, forgot my flamesuit. Okay, fire away!

Edit: Almost forgot, one way to make sure that this doesn't feel like a waste to those who already know how to use their profession is to add a daily-mission type reward plus some credits for completing whatever section of the training you currently have to do. Taking a few minutes away from powerleveling to learn something AND get more xp and creds isn't that horrible, right? Or is this sounding too much like one of those "Please hold my hand until max-level" gamestyles? Bleh, sounded so good before I started typing :P
    Last edited by MisterBishop; Jul 11th, 2010 at 21:10:56. Reason: Added stuff
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Again, when will we see changes to CB? and NT nanos in general?

I'm still amazed that they didn't get looked at first.
    I remember posting this once already, but you can go look in the NT forum for all the information available, which is quite a lot, about the upcoming changes to NT nanos.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Lal at the NT whiners. On the other hand, being the prof which will undergo the most important transformation (whole dmg nanolines reviewed, whole CC nanolines reviewed), I'm all for NT case being decided last, once everyone has got his nerfs/boosts. Take your time, Means
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

People seem to be forgetting that removing CB/LE nanos is for NTs equivalent to what soldiers/fixers/agents would have to go through if FC removed every weapon introduced since (and including) perrenium weapons.

That might actually not be a bad thing now that I think about it--at SL release, the game was horribly broken, and we've had a number of disastrous "quick fix" patches, including some we've had to pay for new expansions to benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    People seem to be forgetting that removing CB/LE nanos is for NTs equivalent to what soldiers/fixers/agents would have to go through if FC removed every weapon introduced since (and including) perrenium weapons.

That might actually not be a bad thing now that I think about it--at SL release, the game was horribly broken, and we've had a number of disastrous "quick fix" patches, including some we've had to pay for new expansions to benefit from.
    maybe they'll just remove NTs!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I wub u means
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    maybe they'll just remove NTs!
    /signed
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    So, what's going to happen to NTs when the great rebalancing patch starts to head towards live? Well, for one, triples and such are most likely going byebye. So, better start lvling that triplenub if you want those easy kills, 'cause they're not gonna be around forever. Good stuff, LE nukes were so insanely boring anyway.
    Read more here ->http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567951

Cant make it easier then that for all the 'please 'fix' the NT'peeps.

Also all changes will most likely come out all at once. So it doesnt matter if NT's are discussed first or last.

Lol @ all the soldiers crying about NTs but not bothering to follow the links posted multiple times by MB and others to find out exactly what changes are coming.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    Lol @ all the soldiers crying about NTs but not bothering to follow the links posted multiple times by MB and others to find out exactly what changes are coming.
    I think sometimes people like to complain about it. telling everyone else that your suffering from NT abuse is a good release when mixed with a little cheese.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Head shots are improving but that first solitus image appears to have a few extra chromosomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    And how old is that link?

Oh, yeah,
    Jan 6th, 2010, 12:21:10

Anything heard in the last, oh, 2-3 months?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

The Engine
    The engine is getting smoother and smoother and the performance with all the bells and whistles turned on is quickly stabilizing into a version we can use for a closed beta client within the next few months.
    "Still alive" tm
    "This year" tm

next few months = 3 ? = october ? Then only 2 months left so "this year" can ever happen. Possible ?
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    It'll take a soldier with 87% reflect down to 57% reflect, which is far less than TMS 10.
    Fear our massive quartered damage?

And yea, GTH does absolutely nothing against Doctors anymore. Especially Nanomage Doctors have several avenues of mitigating damage - emergency heals, perks, DTN Illusionist cloak, Endurance shield, what have you. Even with Accumulator procs and spamming the hell out of Plagiarize Notum, all it appears to do is annoy the Doctor as they still land Malpractices, AimedShots, and Pistol Mastery perks (80% check, remember) on you. Suffice to say if they see you first and your evades are just a little off (i.e. mine ) there's no chance to survive.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast