Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Friday with Means - July 9th, 2010 - Summertime fun

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    And how old is that link?

Oh, yeah,
    Jan 6th, 2010, 12:21:10

Anything heard in the last, oh, 2-3 months?
    Exactly the same for every other profession but you dont see people crying about them.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I remember posting this once already, but you can go look in the NT forum for all the information available, which is quite a lot, about the upcoming changes to NT nanos.
    Of course I've seen it. But alas, MA's also have their stuff lined out for them, and now Means is saying he's having a sit down with the whole team to discuss this further and set it in stone.

So let me rephrase; why did they not discuss NT's first, so everyone could vent their anger over what's being done for a longer period of time (because, let's face it, nobody are going to like it anyway).

Proven, tried and tested method to have something changed: whine like a rock star. All you NT's should be familiar with this
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

I dont see why you are so bothered by what order they do these discussions in considering they will all be done, tested and smoothed out in one go and will all be released at the same time, it really doesnt make the slightest bit of difference which professions are done first unless you want those extra few days/weeks to rage on the forums about how much you disagree.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Of course I've seen it. But alas, MA's also have their stuff lined out for them, and now Means is saying he's having a sit down with the whole team to discuss this further and set it in stone.

So let me rephrase; why did they not discuss NT's first, so everyone could vent their anger over what's being done for a longer period of time (because, let's face it, nobody are going to like it anyway).

Proven, tried and tested method to have something changed: whine like a rock star. All you NT's should be familiar with this
    And yet they've not released any information to the public and already people are whining

For all we know they may decide to release the documents, if they release the documents, all at once.

After all the whining I don't see them releasing them one at a time though, so congratulations and thanks...
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Here's another thought on why they may be talking about MA changes first (presuming it is first, never actually said it was). MAs may not really need all that many nano changes as for one thing they never had too many to start with. A prof like NTs or Crats have tooons of nanos affecting many other things.

As they move along through other profs they likely would need to go back and make adjustments to earlier ones. Better to take on ones that would have less first and leave the more involved ones for later as it'd mean less going back to make specific adjustments. The general stuff was already hammered out months ago, now it's time for specifics from what I gather.

That doesn't make sense. The reason to start with MAs is there. See this.
    blah

Let me be the first to start a preemptive nerf cry against MAs. Whatever they get, its too good!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

^ I'll jump on that bandwagon!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Bazinga!
    blah

I don´t get the joke with hats, maybe i missed something somewhere, but why do so many people have avatars with hats now?

and where is mine?

Kintaii was giving them out the other day, but only in limited numbers.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    I don´t get the joke with hats, maybe i missed something somewhere, but why do so many people have avatars with hats now?

and where is mine?
    The fates decides if you get a hat.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

Funcom employee

there will be more hats. the fates have been stockpiling them and they are building up quite the collection (i have seen it it is v. impressive). but when will the fates give them out??? only they know the answer to that question.

except me. i know the answer too because the fates and i are pretty tight (we are friends from back in the day - fate still owes me like twenty bucks from that one time in cleveland). i promised i wouldnt tell anyone though so you guys will just have to keep watching reets retreat for signs of incoming hattery. itll be awesome i promise.

hooray for hats.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

might i suggest something like this?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvi87frujg1qzkgy5.jpg

Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Ohh!! I'll be looking out for hats! I leave for vacation in a week and I'll need a hat to protect my delicate skin.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post

Because NTs are not one of the professions in real need, meaning that the changes to NT toolset is sort uninteresting for the larger crowd as opposed to MA and Keeper nanos. MAs have been gimped for an age and keepers are played by far more people. You already know that triples and doubles and constant barrage will no longer exist, so I don't see what your point is, honestly.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567