Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Events-Player meeting.

Windguaerd: Den - I hate omnis, yet I team with them on occasion just because they are nice peeps IC and OOC
    Denali: alright, think i'm done
    Denali: ah i meant in character
    Denali: ofc i have friends on all sides :P but my characters might not get long with them
    Denali: if I'm in character
    [2010-07-25 21:25:47] [TELL] [OUT] -> aarp: pgrelay This Channel is Currently Connected to the FunCom IRC Server's #AO-Events channel to relay in a Special Event. You can only hear the event in this channel. To participate click <a href='chatcmd:///start http://tinyurl.com/3a7qmux'>here[/link].
    Pheats: No tucx, iaskel doesnt trust you.
    Tucxedo: bah
    Tucxedo: is that iaskel or you?
    Pheats: Ok Gimpeline I beleive has the last comment for this question
    Tucxedo: and with you I mean ARk
    Gimpeline: Right now the clans are taking orders from Unicorns in the outzones, Both sides uses the same firm for daily missions and so on. To be honest the war between pepsi and cola is worse that the one between the factions in the official story line right now
    Gimpeline: done
    Saetos: sorry but... lol, nice anology
    Windguaerd: I thought that war was won by Coca Cola?
    Kintaii^: I did what I could to explain the Daily Missions stuff away. ;P Freelancer's Inc was the best I could come with.
    Masuraki: !
    Kintaii^: ... interestingly enough, what started out as just sort of a handwave thing will actually turn out to be very important in the future.
    Kintaii^: The way that Freelancer's Inc. arrived on Rubi-Ka is *very* important for future plans.
    lasliana: !
    Kintaii^: There's a ton of little tiny stuff out there that's been happening over the last six months which will hopefully make you guys go "Oooooohhhhhh! *Now* it makes sense!"
    Pheats: Masuraki?
    Masuraki: the war is over they devided the world, Pepsi took arabic contries and most of asia , and cola took europe and they spliting north/south america.
    Masuraki: thats it
    Windguaerd: Unfortunately not all of us has the time anymore to collect the tiny stuff and put it together like the old day, we've become vets with TONS of more things to do (thanks to Means and Devs)
    Pheats: and Lasliana?
    Windguaerd: !
    lasliana: Firstly. on the comment of How Freelancers.Inc came to RK, does this mean were going to see more small non hypercorporations setting up on Rk like Phasefront etc..
    Kintaii^: No comment. =)
    Pheats: no comment is a comment!
    Saetos: tricky basturd
    Pheats: but yeah, no comment
    lasliana: secondly could i digress for a moment and ask how close to the mark was i with the article on the phillip ross shooting, since it deals with events from years ago in the story line? or is that no comment to?
    Kintaii^: ... I dunno, Pheats, should we comment on this?
    Pheats: Huh?
    Kintaii^: I mean we *can* since its been so long and it'd just be us giving out some OOC knowledge at this point
    lasliana: tbh its been bugging me for a while, how close i was to the truth when i wrote it drunk at 3am..
    Pheats: sure then
    Kintaii^: .... but we could always leave 'em in suspense. &gt;
    Pheats: we got plenty of suspense to come
    Pheats: so a little release beforehand might be good
    Kintaii^: I'm gonna say you're around... 50/60% right
    Kintaii^: You've got some of the details wrong, but you're definitely in the right ballpark
    Tucxedo: yes he got shot, yes hes not dead and the rest is wrong
    Kintaii^: If you think Korbensen was in the "Ross Faction", though, you're dead wrong. XD
    lasliana: hmm, expect me to dissect all of your stuff from now on. ive some ideas where stuff is heading anyway (thats all and thanks))
    Saetos: I forgot entirely who or what Korbensen is ... or was :P

Kintaii^: Liason from Omni-Prime. Arrived with Ross on-world shortly before the Kyr`ozch started attacking.
    Pheats: Ok Windguaerd, last comment (for real this time)
    Saetos: ah.
    Kintaii^: Served as interim leader for OT-RK before Tarkhan Zora took control.
    Windguaerd: Kintaii, any chance at creating an in-game "library" of sorts, don't need to be a new place, but... maybe a terminal where a player can learn about the larger storyline, past and present?
    Windguaerd: NOT as part of the new start area, but ingame, where everyone can access it, maybe ICC
    Kintaii^: Windguaerd: This is more or less what I'm wanting to do with the new startup experience, as a replacement to the old Arrival Hall.
    Kintaii^: That said, when I say 'as part of the new startup experience', as I said earlier in the meeting I don't want this sort of area locked away.
    Kintaii^: So anyone can go there. But it'll be featured in the new experience.
    Windguaerd: Then, maybe an area where lets say a 220 can go?
    Windguaerd: Awesome!
    Windguaerd: End of Comment, brb wife aggro
    Sappho: go full-deaf
    Maleachi: On a sidenote before we continue: I've received questions/suggestions from the following people: Catcrab, Windguaerd, Namiru, Saetos, Domaldel, Lasliana, Masuraki, Jerusha, Pinkeltje, Tucxedo, Ofab, Rhus, Ariensky, Enilias, Denali, Brazen.
    Maleachi: If you're not on this list then please send me a short message and split your long questions into some smaller ones or post them in short bursts.
    Namiru: Uh...my question was already answered...sorta.
    Pheats: Would just point out that, due to the meeting dragging on a fair bit we'll be ending shortly, we have a few more questions we want to get out there way here first
    Saetos: Namiru, yea, he's answered thouse
    Saetos: those*
    Maleachi: Yes, I've included questions/comments that were already taken care of there.
    Pheats: After which unanswered or extra questions will be accepted but answers will be posted in the 4th wall in the week
    Namiru: Ah. Missed the "not" Sorry.
    Kintaii^: Yeah, it's 11:30pm here and I gotta go to work in the morning so we kinda need to get things movin'. So we may have to answer some questions in the 4thW after this meeting.
    Namiru: I do have a real quick question, though. Will there be a log of this chat on the forums somewhere?
    Pheats: If your question does not come up in the next 3, make sure you let maleachi know OR send it to events.feedback@gmail.com
    Kintaii^: Even if we don't post it I'm sure someone here will. XD
    Pheats: and of course feel free to post questions in 4th wall (or email us any time) anyway
    Pheats: Ok so last three questions: First is from Brazen: My org is New to rp. We go to NLC once a month but hard to sustain interest w/just that. Suggestions on how we can seed rp would be great
    Tucxedo: join ch42 create a small event with another org and expand that
    Kintaii^: Pretty much... I mean, it's like I said earlier - A lot of the impetus has to lie on you guys. We can't provide all the answers; sometimes you just gotta get out and network.
    Pheats: For this its a bit hard, it comes down to how involved in RP you are in general, attending the meetings are a good way to get started but by themselves they wont supply you with interest
    lasliana: !
    Pheats: Your best bet is to go out, get some of your own events going, get involved with others events, chat with LTC's, send us information about what your doing etc
    Pheats: then you can bring what your doing to the meeting, and the meeting can then grow from that
    Pheats: Lasliana?
    Maleachi: Inform the Mayor, inform the General, report during the meetings are just some of the options
    lasliana: just going from what Brazen asked, firstly would he be willing to share dimension and org name? secondly on RK1 a group of us often hang around outside neuters after NLCC meetings, thirdly if you want to get involved in the story of NLC, maybe think of non labour intensive ways (for fc/afk) for yout o help better the city on a whole.
    lasliana: (end of comment)
    Pheats: would point out brazen is no longer actually here
    lasliana: i checked and wondered if he had changed his name.
    Kintaii^: &gt;&lt;

lasliana: also checked auno first but couldnt find him..
    Kintaii^: Maybe he'll read the log once its posted. ;P
    Pheats: yeah
    Kintaii^: Should we move on, then?
    lasliana: anyway thats me, going to pub after a meeting is a good idea imo
    Pheats: Ok next question is from ariensky: is the ARK backstory cannon? if not wtf is it?
    Ariensky: http://ark.funcom.com/Public/ARKsite?page_id=58
    Pheats: I'd really have to let Kintaii deal with this one
    Kintaii^: It's... cannon-ish? It's less cannon than more, really, but at the same time I don't claim that it *didn't* happen.
    Kintaii^: In terms of that being the official story of how ARK came to be? Yes.
    Kintaii^: In terms of meeting ARKs in-game and expecting them to RP that story out (or even really be that familiar with it)? Not so much
    Kintaii^: Yeah. &gt;&lt;
    Pheats: I mean personally I've always wanted to bring ark into the story a bit more, not core storywise, but their as a presence...
    Kintaii^: My job a lot of times is pouring asphalt into the plot holes. ;P
    Pheats: but a lot of it comes down to established rules of ARK, storyline rules and people grumbling and generally being naysayers
    Kintaii^: Anyhoo, yes - As far as I'm concerned, from an official storyline perspective, that *did* happen and it's how ARK came to be.
    Pheats: But (atleast so far) it wont actually be involved in the goings on of RK
    Ariensky: I always loved the NLF declaring war on ARK for using notum(and refused to attend tours), it also gave a good feeling that even the GMs had a backstory
    Kintaii^: Yep
    Pheats: but I'd be hesitant to ever say it never will, as the future is a crazy thing
    Pheats: Anyway LAST QUESTION!
    Kintaii^: HOOTIE HOO!!
    Pheats: that again kintaii?
    Kintaii^: Indeed.
    Kintaii^: I am crunk up in da club.
    Kintaii^: Werd to yo momma.
    Saetos: Oh god, Kintaii's going supah fly jive
    Saetos: This is getting sooooooo white
    Pheats: Ok this one has come from a few people so I wont specify who: Events rewards, special ones, fancy ones, VP ones, XP ones! Where are they please?
    Pheats: Lets hear your comment furst masuraki
    Pheats: err first (its late... I think you can all tell)
    Gimpeline: !
    Pheats: Masuraki?
    Masuraki: i always loved Rping, been a rp fanatic since ultima online, i used to even host alot of events offical ones, giving/getting items that dont imbalance the game but has segnificense to the acctual event maby a robe /whit a fancy color or name, is always nice its a reminder. and collectables, this game only missing items that are collectables like rare one of a kind or few of a kind items dosent exist
    Kintaii^: Here's the thing about events items.
    Kintaii^: They require me making them. &gt;&lt;
    Kintaii^: And if you guys want anything *really* cool (new meshes/textures) then I gotta start wranglin' up MstrBstrd to do it
    Kintaii^: (or flaptoot but i live with mstrbstrd so its easier to nag him :P)
    Kintaii^: I *want* to make some Events rewards
    Kintaii^: I really do
    Kintaii^: But (A) I'm a little stuck on what exactly to give you guys, and (B)... time. It comes back to time again. Something I have very little of these days. &gt;&lt;
    Pheats: We do have a lot of stuff regarding rewards on our "todo" lists that will hopefully let us start handing out rewards that may not be new but may still be good, but its really low priority compared to actually getting RP up and out there
    Masuraki: couse this game has to manny common items that are taged uniqe but only uniqe in a sence that you can only have one of them
    Masuraki: but a funny motivation is getting odd rewards, always pumps up the masses
    Kintaii^: Like Pheats said, there's stuff in the backlog which will hopefully let us start giving out some more stuff - Like I've said before, most of what I've been doing this last year has been getting infrastructure changes taken care of to help facilitate some of the new initiatives I want to see
    Kintaii^: Like expanding the rewards system

catcrab: old school db armor looks cool
    Masuraki: i am still pumped up and waiting for that damn S-H-O-P O-F F-O-R-T-U-N-E
    Kintaii^: It's just time. And with so few people/resources, things can take a lot more time than we like. &gt;&lt;
    catcrab: maybe it can be used as reward
    Denali: !
    Jerusha: !
    Masuraki: no more to add from me, thanks
    Masuraki: that is if you cant shed some light on my shop of fortune
    catcrab: !
    Kintaii^: Can't, sorry. &gt;&lt; I actually looked around for it after I started working here, but no one knew anything and I couldn't find any documentation. :\
    Pheats: We do have stuff we can hand out, and we try to give out stuff where appropriate but it all a bit... ehhh.
    Kintaii^: Gimpeline, go!
    Gimpeline: People that need rewards to do rp isnt the kind of people rp needs. I rather have a small crowd that a bunch of people that are just there for the phats. Amall social rewards are fine, but I dont think handing out things like robust backpacks are a good idea
    Gimpeline: done
    Pheats: Well the problem is Events does not JUST mean RP
    Domaldel: !
    Saetos: T-shirts?
    Kintaii^: Gimpeline: Trust me, I don't think we're gonna go that far. If we give stuff out, I want it to be either social or have temporary benefits. You'll never need to RP to twink your character. :P
    Pheats: its heavily RP but its not just it, not to mention it would be nice to actually reward RPers
    Ciyanid: !
    Kintaii^: Denali, you're up.
    Denali: just a suggestion about the "souvenir" items for RP events; I remember one time when there was an alien raid on Galway Castle on RK2, and I think an item dropped called something like "snowglobe"
    Denali: but the problem was the snowglobe souvenir only dropped off the boss, and there was a bit of an OD party going on so only the raidforce that poured all of their time into just doing DD got them
    Pheats: ((just going to point out Im going to have to leave at the end of ciyanids comment so I daresay that will be the last)
    Denali: I therefore woner if it would be possible to spawn them in everybody's inventories at the end, like how you all get a buff from doing the Xan instance, instead?
    Denali: wonder*
    Sappho: we need a "Nickel Plated Statue of Means" to drop...
    Kintaii^: Yeah, we may have to skip out on the 'questions from us' part for now... we'll work up a substitute for it, though - Keep your eyes peeled on the 4thW for more information there later.
    Kintaii^: Denali: Nope. Then it'd spawn in EVERYONE'S inventories in the playfield.
    Maleachi: At the moment spawning it in everyone's inventory is not possible, we're looking into other means of distributing the rewards.
    Pheats: Unfortunately thats not really possible (at the moment)
    Kintaii^: But yeah, we're looking at other methods of distribution
    Denali: Ah I see, fair enough. and okay
    Denali: thanks, done here
    Kintaii^: Jerusha!
    Pheats: though in those style of events the rewards WILL be going to those that can take down the boss
    Jerusha: Well already said now, but again: I am strongly against heavy phats for events, unless they have a pure social nature. I looked up some items with ME/EE lately for making my AMEP and I really was a bit disappointed as I saw that there are Rings with insane amount of it which are handed out by GM's only for beeing at an event. And as Gimpeline said, RP is for RP, not phatz. Item in question:...
    Pheats: other events will be a bit more fair
    Jerusha: ...http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=163673 , 24ME/EE, thats as much as 1 arithmetic armorpart adds at ql 225
    Kintaii^: Yeah, again, I don't see us handing out much in the way of phatz for events... and to my knowledge those rings have only very VERY rarely been given out (if ever at all)
    Pheats: I dont think events was ever cleared to give them out (as much as we've wanted to at times)

Domaldel: -!
    Kintaii^: Not to my knowldge at least
    Kintaii^: A GM may have spawned one or two somewhere, but I don't think so.
    Jerusha: Well, I dunno if they where given, I just found them heh. But done from me.
    Kintaii^: So they may have never been given out at all.
    Kintaii^: catcrab!
    catcrab: i think theres a lot of cool mesh and monster only armor that can look really cool on a player, like cyborg armor, or glowing db armor. the old rk db armor from the old froob bosses look pretty cool too. unicorn armor would look badass as social
    catcrab: -done
    Pheats: I know some dislike the idea of phats for events, but at the same time I'd like to reward people for attending with special thing
    Kintaii^: Totally reasonable suggestion really. Again, just means time for me to actually make the items so the Events guys can spawn 'em out.
    Pheats: NPC armour is just that, NPC armour, in many cases its actually part of their mesh
    catcrab: (id pay real money for unicorn armor)
    Kintaii^: But stuff like that is *way* more doable than "OMG make a new hoverbike with three jets and painted bright pink!!"
    Pheats: I dare say the bright pink part would be doable kintaii :P
    Kintaii^: Masuraki!
    Masuraki: ill take my question after the meeting if your staying
    Kintaii^: (i already made a pink damn hoverboard, that's as good as its getting ;P)
    Saetos: same, I've got a couple of game questions I'd like to ask
    Saetos: now that the opportunity has presented itself in a way
    Ariensky: ..and pink unicorns..
    Saetos: after this, I mean
    Kintaii^: I plan on departing pretty much as soon as we're done - Need some grub, then need some rest. &gt;&lt;
    Kintaii^: Sorry guys, it's past midnight here.
    Saetos: they're quick
    Saetos: but i understand
    Pheats: if need be, 4th wall or the email address is always there saetos
    Saetos: not a 4th wall question
    Pheats: then the mail would be best
    Kintaii^: Aye: Please feel free to ask questions either via PM, the email address, or on the 4thW
    Kintaii^: That said Saetos you're a Professional - You've had ways to talk to me for months now. ;P
    Pheats: Ok Ciyanid?
    Ciyanid: I know, this is not all about RP, but talking about prizes and such.. We had a talk with people, i think it was Agres and Lasliana.. Whatabout giving the RP'ers (the ones that show, as in Agrestus) Their whole name ontop of their heads? It would look so cool, and draw more attention (Read: get more people interested in RP) cause they wanna go talk to the person. How wrong am i?
    Saetos: Heh, well it's more confirmation
    Kintaii^: ... huh
    Kintaii^: Interesting thought
    Agrestus: I ran out of time to suggest that! I love you Ciyanid!
    Kintaii^: I'll jot it down - I can't say anything will ever come of it, but it isn't a terrible idea.
    Saetos: I love that idea
    Ciyanid: &lt;3
    Pheats: only issue with that I can see is its either end up being the /rp flag again or be so exclusive no one ever really sees it
    Denali: !
    Pheats: Ok denali quickly then, then Im off
    Agrestus: well it would provide no other reward other than an events reward to have your first and last name displayed rather than a simple on/off switch, and it would guarantee those that have it are roleplayers
    Ciyanid: think about the RPers that have been here a loong time. Agres, Las, i think Dabz would definately deserve one. all R.U.R should
    Denali: just throwing out ideas again mostly: what about tying use of displaying full names to something like "you have to tick the checkbox in your account page for RP" or "you have to turn up to an ooc meeting to get permission" so people won't just abuse it like the current flag?

Pheats: but we dont just cater to RPers, not is it RPers only that turn up
    Saetos: Denali, you could just click the box, get your name, and then drop the flag
    Denali: i remember that neutral ID chips used to only be gotten from ARKs at meetings, for example. i realize displaying a name and spawning an item are different, but it's a thought
    Kintaii^: Anyhoo!
    Kintaii^: With alla that said... I think we can bring the meeting to a close.
    Kintaii^: AGAIN!
    Saetos: Whew
    Masuraki: Kintaii can i ask you something quick now that meeting is over ?
    Saetos: Kintaii, before you leave, can I throw you a quick question about gem cutting?
    Kintaii^: If we did not get to your question, or if you wanna chat some more about stuff, feel free to post anything you have any comments/questions about on the 4thW
    ShadowGod: heheh... run Kintaii!
    lasliana: cheers kintaii, sprint now whilst you have legs!
    Kintaii^: Otherwise, thank you guys for all showing up - I'm really glad to see such a good turnout for today. =D
    MstrBstrd: RAWR!
    Kintaii^: Masuraki, Saetos: Please send me a PM on the forums with your questions.
    Pheats: Thank you all for attending, remember this isn't the end of communication, as stated 4thwall, events.feedback@gmail.com and forum PM's are always there!
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12