Thread: Opinions on my comedy website

Opinions on my comedy website

This is a comedy website my friend and I made, do you guys have any opinions or suggestions about it?

iaskedforbacon.com
    Last edited by Lucky13; Jul 12th, 2010 at 01:41:50.
    ~Beware~

Not Found

The requested URL /iaskedforbacon.com was not found on this server.
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

fixed, thank you for pointing that out.
    ~Beware~

As a whole its kinda of plain and bare.

Unless its just me, your sentences are jammed together almost on top of one another. When you click a link to read a article when you get to the page there is no space between the, leave comments/go to comments ect ect, and the start of the paragraphs.

Yeah, most of the comments I have heard were that the layout needed some work. My friend who helps me with the site is out of town, but as soon as he gets back we'll be working on that to improve the layout of both the home page, and the individual articles.
    ~Beware~

not that funny, although my benchmark for these is quite high (maddox's best web page in the universe). who's writing the articles anyway?
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Cool

As has been mentioned the layout could be better.
    The material, the original content, needs to be centre stage.
    This is all personal opinion of course :-)
    I'd make the right hand column narrower and give much more of a "taster" to each content post.
    If you need to have a poll make it an article. Polls are not worth their space until you are getting some serious daily traffic anyway.

Remove the blue logo, or incorporate it into the top header bar.
    And get shut of the ads.
    All in all the content doesn't feature enough on the first page.

White on black is unappealing. (remember what I said above about it all being IMO).

The good news is that the actual content is OK. I can see most of it being workable as part of a decent stand-up routine. Keep up the content - which is the really hard part - and you'll be fine.

Before I leave, one thing about the Bag Packer entry. I feel for bag packers, but I'm afraid I do know best when it comes to packing my goods. I know how heavy I want each bag to be, where each bag will go in the car, what stuff I want adjacent to what, and even which food is going to who when I shop for more than one person. So I smile if greeted, and always say I'll do my own packing thank you.

Bookmarked for now. Keep up with the content. Rage, Scarlett Johansson, Zombies: What's not to like :-)

Previews of content would help. Also the theme is too dark and the typographical choices need a second look. Perhaps redesign the site with a more professional design, and get yourself a logo that has something to do with a bacon strip.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.