Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tier 4

I'd rather not see another extension to Tier or ofab based on their current templates because it would be epic win for all the good tier/ofab armor classes and epic fail for all the classes with utterly useless or crap tier/ofab.
    If anything, complete new templants on them for all classes but do we really need another upgrade on armors to make them even more powerful?

Or maybe a little tradeskill that combines tier 3 with ofab so you get the ofabs stats but the tier visuals. Purely cosmetic or very little upgrade but considerng the ofab looks...

I would like too see the promised ofab shoulderpads for the missing classes though...
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I'd rather not see another extension to Tier or ofab based on their current templates because it would be epic win for all the good tier/ofab armor classes and epic fail for all the classes with utterly useless or crap tier/ofab.
    If anything, complete new templants on them for all classes but do we really need another upgrade on armors to make them even more powerful?

Or maybe a little tradeskill that combines tier 3 with ofab so you get the ofabs stats but the tier visuals. Purely cosmetic or very little upgrade but considerng the ofab looks...

I would like too see the promised ofab shoulderpads for the missing classes though...
    Yes please! <3 tier armour looks, they look uber on most profs. (except possibly the banana)
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Yes please! <3 tier armour looks, they look uber on most profs. (except possibly the banana)
    I bump that too.

But which is the banana?

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I dunno about this... but I vote MA and Trader for most ridiculous costume. While the banana suit has the 70s Bruce Lee look, Traders look like the product of a hunchback and a mushroom having a kid together. Doctors look like they're preparing for a lunar landing, so maybe a 3rd place finish. Perhaps textures could be redone so that enforcers don't have the glossy-plastic action-figure look to them. Soldiers and keepers have the coolest looking tier armor, by far. Going back to MAs, I thought space invaders were coming to take me to the mothership when I saw one wearing his helmet. That thing has got to GO. And crats.. poor crats. A man-shaped fork. Adventurers look like pilots who forgot where they parked and MPs are just too cute with those little wings; their helmet could certainly use a little work, tho. I was always a fan of the engineer tier, we definitely have one of the coolest looking back items in the game. The cybernetic look with the wires on the arms is visually pleasing. Agents look like they chill in deep space with a mask over their face.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    I was always a fan of the engineer tier, we definitely have one of the coolest looking back items in the game. The cybernetic look with the wires on the arms is visually pleasing.
    And then you got the Engineer OFAB "O RLY" owl-helmet. There is justice.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    And then you got the Engineer OFAB "O RLY" owl-helmet. There is justice.
    You say that as if anybody got a decent looking ofab hat. Agents look like they're getting kidnapped by the Taliban, enforcers should be having lunch on a termite mound, traders look like extras in a Mel Brooks film, etc.
    Waiting for a cure.

You say that as if anybody got a decent looking ofab hat. Agents look like they're getting kidnapped by the Taliban, enforcers should be having lunch on a termite mound, traders look like extras in a Mel Brooks film, etc.
    Shades are sechsy as hell. But then, everything a shade does/has is sechsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

enforcers should be having lunch on a termite mound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5AwGitZbs
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Ofab has been poorly designed, as the whole LE expansion. It has better stats than T3 in every single case, and only requires you to afk in BS to get it.

To me, ofab represents the q-afk-iwin game that LE has introduced, along with dshark, alb/db bracers, and research HUDs, one armor/gun/item to replace them all and in cookie-cutting bind em.

A tier 4 with some raid/teamwork involved to get components would give a new breath at endgame pvm, it could even be non-prof-locked to allow more setup diversity for those who want to try something else than usual setups.
    220 RK2 engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Traquemort View Post
    Ofab has been poorly designed, as the whole LE expansion. It has better stats than T3 in every single case, and only requires you to afk in BS to get it.

you need to program your G11 to press a walk key all the time or you will get kicked from bs :S

wouldn't it be nice with a few equally powered but different armours .... What if tier 3 and OFAB was equal but shielded differently (as in one had a weakness to radiation, the other to Cold etc)

I find it sad that right now there is ONE setup that is superior in every way to all others. I say nerf alien armour or beaf up others, but leave holes so a tactical decision must be made as to what kit to put on.

Oh god, I can't even bring myself to farm T2, forget T4.

There is already escalation enough for the armor sets in the game. They don't offer variety, only better from the previous. In most cases, alien armor is the ideal, so what would the purpose of T4 be?
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 3rd, 2010 at 21:54:27.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Oh god, I can't even bring myself to farm T2, forget T4.

There is already escalation enough for the armor sets in the game. They don't offer variety, only better from the previous. In most cases, alien armor is the ideal, so what would the purpose of T4 be?
    Hopefully to destroy the awesomeness of Alien armor.

I for one believe that the "MOAR STUFFZ" mentality has caused this problem, we don't need MORE, we need less. Nerf the crap out of everything, especially things like alien armor. It's grossly overpowered compared to nearly everything else in the game. The best items in the game should be farmable with a team of 6, be NoDrop, and be instanced. This fighting over 18 hour spawns is for the "I live in my parents basement and get to play AO 12 hours a day" and not the other 99% of the population.

Lets revert back to CAS armor being the ultimate armor

For quoting: TL;DR -> *Sobsobsob*
    "If your not strong enough to accept the truth, you're already dead. You just don't know it yet."

220 MP - Darkmoch
    150 Sol - Javanated
    100 Enfo - JavaJava
    60 Enfo - Darkfears
    1** MA - Darkfu - <3
    & more failed projects than I'd care to admit!

I'm willing to bet my last dollar that no new armorssets to be introduced in game that would destroy the awesomeness of AI armor, otherwise it just increases the escalation problem that exists for items.

I'd rather see AI armor removed from the game. Right now just about every setup in the game involves a few key pieces of armor that offer substantial amounts of a single stat (leo boots, biodome chest, a piece of ofab that offers a giant attack skill modifier) and the rest of the slots are filled with AI armor. The setups that don't involve these "few key pieces" of armor are typically entire sets of CSS used by evade professions.

Some pieces of the really nice pieces of ofabs are still replaced by CSS. Take engineer gloves for instance. 40 pistol, crapload of sense, and large amount of HP. 40 pistol from a single piece of armor is nothing to scoff at.. until you realize that supple gloves give 30, plus 15 AAO. And 30 burst/fling/as AND the option of evades/inits or +damage.

There's no choice to be made. All we do is comb the DB for clearly superior choices and fill the rest with armor that adds blanket mods.
    Waiting for a cure.

There's no choice to be made. All we do is comb the DB for clearly superior choices and fill the rest with armor that adds blanket mods.
    Sad ain't it?

I vote for the removal of AI armor as well. Or, at least the removal of combined and split it all back into it's component armor pieces, along with the removal of ACs from Supple, Strong, Arithmetic and Observant. Put the AAD on Spitiritual along with ACs and +Nano/-Cost and give the AAO to Enduring with the +HP and better ACs. Give equal amounts of +Dmg to Supple and Strong, keep inits on Observant and slap Nano Init onto Arithmetic.

There, sounds better to me.

As for Tier 4, no thanks. Upping the stats on Tier 3 to be closer if not equal to ofab, giving a pvm alternative to ofab, instead of the other way around? Sure.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I'd rather see AI armor removed from the game.
    I like the point but would rather see some sort of lockout where you could only wear 2-3 pieces of AI armor at a time. It is indeed silly that there pretty much is one set to cover them all.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

What I don't think you people realize is how your 'remove AI armor' suggestions would allow defensive setups to reign in PVP. Defensive setups are not nerfedby removeing AI armor, no where near what offensive ones would be. That is today's tidbit forth shortsighted individuals that play AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    What I don't think you people realize is how your 'remove AI armor' suggestions would allow defensive setups to reign in PVP. Defensive setups are not nerfedby removeing AI armor, no where near what offensive ones would be. That is today's tidbit forth shortsighted individuals that play AO.
    That doesn't really make sense. If people in Def setups can be perked now, then they will be able to be perked without AI armor. Def will, in general, go down as people try to balance out their setups between AR and Def. For those who again choose to go with extreme Def setups, they will lack the AR to be much of a threat to anyone. The main difference is you won't have Def setups perking Def setups, and you won't have AR setups dodging perks.

Losing AR armor is the first step towards moving people into a position where they are forced to make a choice. No longer can you have 315 AR and 210 Evades from a set of armor. Or 315 AR and 105 AAD.

In summary: If AI armor were removed, people would wear different armor to balance out their setups and you would see more variety, less "single best setup", and the game would be better off.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast