Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 16th, 2010 - Martial Artist Nano Changes + More Heads

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. The vast majority of the old engine has now been cut out of the new AO client. I thought this would take much longer than it did. Damn. I'm really hoping to get another video to you guys within the next 3 weeks. SOOO exciting.
    21 weeks later and still no video..
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    21 weeks later and still no video..
    LOL yeah I'm keeping track with my sig!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

One more new head...so fun I wanted to share it. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...5&d=1279289264
    nice one
    :>
    Last edited by dritst; Jul 16th, 2010 at 15:55:00.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

last one is like...mastablasta + little john
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Alright.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jul 16th, 2010 at 16:51:48.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Do anyone think we need to teach Means and others how to use modern technology? hehe [google translation] and save poor Wald a couple of minutes every friday. Hmm swedish version is needed.

Swedish version :

Som utlovat i förra veckan gör vi det preliminära dokumentet förändringar i Martial Arts yrke nano för diskussion (hårda siffror är inte avslutade ... Ny "hållning" kommer att döpas om till "Zazen"). Utöver dessa förändringar är det också viktigt att notera att kampsporters specialattacker inte längre kommer att orsaka nano-ladda på användning. Konstruktiv återkoppling på dessa förändringar kommer naturligtvis att uppskattas och beaktas. Vi kommer också att göra Keeper nano ändringarna tillgängliga för professionella denna vecka i syfte att göra dom offentliga nästa fredag. Vi hoppas också få en översikt över utvecklingen för alla Nemesis nano nästa fredag.

.. Och naturligtvis här är några av veckans huvuden.

Ha en bra helg.

Colin 'Means' Cragg
    Anarchy Online Game Director

Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

Sooo tempted to post an English translation from Google of the Swedish translation :P
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Marlark View Post
    Do anyone think we need to teach Means and others how to use modern technology? hehe [google translation] and save poor Wald a couple of minutes every friday. Hmm swedish version is needed.

Swedish version :

Som utlovat i förra veckan gör vi det preliminära dokumentet förändringar i Martial Arts yrke nano för diskussion (hårda siffror är inte avslutade ... Ny "hållning" kommer att döpas om till "Zazen"). Utöver dessa förändringar är det också viktigt att notera att kampsporters specialattacker inte längre kommer att orsaka nano-ladda på användning. Konstruktiv återkoppling på dessa förändringar kommer naturligtvis att uppskattas och beaktas. Vi kommer också att göra Keeper nano ändringarna tillgängliga för professionella denna vecka i syfte att göra dom offentliga nästa fredag. Vi hoppas också få en översikt över utvecklingen för alla Nemesis nano nästa fredag.

.. Och naturligtvis här är några av veckans huvuden.

Ha en bra helg.

Colin 'Means' Cragg
    Anarchy Online Game Director

Well to be honest Google Translate does a decent job translating stuff from language X to English, BUT (very very big butt, much larger than J-Lo's) translation from English to German or French for example is a guarantee for disaster. In many cases a mother tongue speaker is not able to decipher what is actually meant, so the context and meaning get lost in the process.

So for now, I hope my translations are still a bit better than Google Translate and therefore worth the time spent

Cheers,
    Waldgeist

o please do, i'd translate ur Swedish to English translation into danish, hah!

And im confused, when i actually think the faces look a little asian, noone whines about it
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    I'm sorta pleased with these Nanos, but you've gotta be kidding us when you raised the nano cost of MoK to 1780. Even though it'll fire an healing proc, working with ES recharge's adjustment in order to be more powerful, even though it applies to pretty much every healing class, that's maybe a bit "too" much.
    I thought that the heal changes were supposed to make for heals that can't be chain cast ad infitum with nearly any equip? It's double the nano cost now compared to what it was... How often did you have to worry, with the current state, about running out of nano? Did you have any specific items for nano cost, nano delta or nano pool? Any IP in nano pool as well?

I have to say that it looks scary if they'll do the same to advy heals that probably do deserve the cost increase. But it could be for the greater good in bringing out the strengths and weaknesses of various professions, plus creating greater versatility in possible equips.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

trox head looks ace. Page 3!
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

I'm so excited about new changes. I hope it's gonna hit live servers soon

Thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more new head...so fun I wanted to share it.
    The atrox mouth does not match up at all with the head. I see where it was going but to me its just looks awful when you take into account how cool the rest of the head looks. Would almost be better to give him teeth with no huge gaps in between that are cut to be pointed (like some Klingons do to their teeth), basically a shark grin. That or could always do big metal looking teeth.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

How the hell is that all the Caucasian heads used to look too Asian and now one of the Solitus male heads, which is SUPPOSED to look Asian, looks TOO CAUCASIAN?
    Last edited by Amosco; Jul 16th, 2010 at 17:08:06.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I thought that the heal changes were supposed to make for heals that can't be chain cast ad infitum with nearly any equip? It's double the nano cost now compared to what it was... How often did you have to worry, with the current state, about running out of nano? Did you have any specific items for nano cost, nano delta or nano pool? Any IP in nano pool as well?

I have to say that it looks scary if they'll do the same to advy heals that probably do deserve the cost increase. But it could be for the greater good in bringing out the strengths and weaknesses of various professions, plus creating greater versatility in possible equips.
    Could be good cos I hate spamming as well. But tbh our heal is can be hardly considered as superior to need such a nerf. A decent heal that we'd been aiting for quite long time. And it can eat up your nanopool as well with its current nano cost if you use dmg buffs in the same time (which is usually required).

So what is the timeline for the MA changes anyway? Is it like...

Week 1: Announce
    Week 2: Delay
    Week 3: Delay
    Week 4: Profit!

Or is it like

Week 1: Announce MA changes
    Week 2: Announce Kippur changes
    etc etc
    Week 14: Announce last prof changes
    Week 45: Changes begin to enter the game
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Make the Nemesis nanos useless nanos, this game really do not need more debuffs, I pay to play anarchy online not Debuff OLOL Online.
    And lets not forget to properly hammer down on them snares and roots while we're at it, right?
    ಠ_ಠ

To answer your questions, I did have to raise Nano Pool. I did have to use a Hardcore CPU Upgrade. I couldn't affort to use a Support RW Symb, because it's impossible to use ToO without an Infantry RW Symb, as MA. That way, I didn't have a lot of trouble chaincasting MoK, its cost was down to something like 600 or so. Was okay-ish, even in duels where people could use Ring of Sister Merciless and everything. Though, twice its cost sounds indeed quite insane. You've gotta know it's rough numbers they ended up with, mostly "highest values possible", so it may be changed later on.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    So what is the timeline for the MA changes anyway? Is it like...

Week 1: Announce
    Week 2: Delay
    Week 3: Delay
    Week 4: Profit!

Or is it like

Week 1: Announce MA changes
    Week 2: Announce Kippur changes
    etc etc
    Week 14: Announce last prof changes
    Week 45: Changes begin to enter the game
    2nd option
    i R not spik engrish