Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means: July 23rd, 2010 - Insert Creative Subtitle Here

Ok... so let me get this straight. Keepers get a new Dimach based attack that (considering a realistic Dimach level of around 1000) can heal for 2000-3000 every two minutes but MAs, whom you announced last week, get diddly in the form of Dimach despite that it is supposed to be a martial arts based 'soul attack'?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Ok... so let me get this straight. Keepers get a new Dimach based attack that (considering a realistic Dimach level of around 1000) can heal for 2000-3000 every two minutes but MAs, whom you announced last week, get diddly in the form of Dimach despite that it is supposed to be a martial arts based 'soul attack'?
    In terms of their nano programs changes, yes. You are correct. MAs did not receive any new Dimach-based nano programs. Much like we stated when we released the perk documentation, these documents do not encompass the entirety of the changes a profession will receive - Perk documents dealt with perks, nano documents deal with nanos, and other documents will deal with other areas of the game (such as itemization [which would include things like MA attacks]).
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

FWM reads like it has been outsourced to Debbie Downer. Starting with "....unfortunately" and littering gems like "if we are lucky", "hopefully maybe" and so on throughout the thread is depressing.

Last week's atrox head was scary, this one is scary in a whole new way... It has the same kind of look on it's face as Pepé Le Pew when he sees Penelope Pussycat

Those. Eyes. Fill. Me. With. Terror.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Edit: I forgot to mention that Venachar, one of our esteemed forums moderators, has decided to step down due to time constraints in the real world. I wanna take a moment to publicly thank him for all the hard work he's done over the years and wish him the best in the future. Should he ever decide to come back then he'll be welcomed with open arms. Vena, you'll be missed, and I'll down a shot of something with a little fire in it for ya tonight. Cheers, man. =)
    sadface lolz
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

LOL! "Unicorn!!!! With a Horn!" -at the bottom of the spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    Hmmm... birthday building, check. Daily mission tweaks, check. Will the change to the Paid Points vendor be (correctly) included soon? I know it's not really important to most players, but I for one have been waiting on pins and needles for this change to happen. Any chance that Maria's Fashion vendor could be changed too? Or are the social items from the PP vendor already combined? I don't know, I can't access ;_;
    The social clothing items from the Phasefront Vendor are ready-made. You won't need the fashion kits from Maria's.

Last time I checked they also gave the same buffs as the clothing actually made from the fashion kits:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=411825
    Of course, that's only if you wear them in the Clothing tab, not in the Social Tab.
    I don't know if they will now give those buffs to those without the AI expansion, but I'm guessing they will.
    -
    Last edited by tiralee; Jul 23rd, 2010 at 17:05:06.

That Atrox head made me laugh! ><
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

*looks at Keeper Nano Changes*

Woah, hold on a sec.

DID KEEPERS JUST GET M.ENERGY SUPPORT AND TAUNT NANOS?

Ooohhhh shhhii-
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

thanx to keep us informed.

i don't know if intended but the second NM face looks really lika manga granma ... e.g. reminds me a little of Kiyoko (from K. Otomo's "Akira").
    so before anyone starts on it, in my SciFi fan taste that significate it's not "too asian" for me, i definitely like the look of it

ps : so long, Vena.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Jul 23rd, 2010 at 17:56:44.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    DID KEEPERS JUST GET M.ENERGY SUPPORT AND TAUNT NANOS?
    Looks that way, Yes.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Looks that way, Yes.
    Taunt is tiny (2000), and should be more (at least something that count cause that's barely more then a aggro enhancer) it's a reverse knockback more then a taunt.

And yea a 1 hand line was long due. This and any worthwhile shields.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Taunt is tiny (2000), and should be more (at least something that count cause that's barely more then a aggro enhancer) it's a reverse knockback more then a taunt.

And yea a 1 hand line was long due. This and any worthwhile shields.
    It has a 1s/2s cast though, with a 52nano cost. It's spammable and pulls the target to you. Also lets not forget the perk changes that might add more +Taunt.

I really think that the Devs are looking to make Keepers a secondary tank for when there isn't a mezzer available or an Enfo to maintank.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    It has a 1s/2s cast though, with a 52nano cost. It's spammable and pulls the target to you. Also lets not forget the perk changes that might add more +Taunt.
    30 Second Cooldown, so I wouldn't think it's that spammable.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Any word on when the birthday building will be released? July 13/14 was the last guesstimate and looks like that has been changed to Soon.

Issues with the building or what is causing the delay?
    The only issue with it I'm aware of is how if it was placed as a present when the end version is revealed you would not be able to enter it through the door. It has to be placed as a building with a door to do that which is easily fixed by getting a replacement when you blow it up with a GM present. Then place it later when the end building is revealed which has a door.

Seems more likely that the other stuff that is to be put in with the same patch was not finished as quickly as hoped. Various people taking time off here and there likely is what got that delayed so delayed the building thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    The only issue with it I'm aware of is how if it was placed as a present when the end version is revealed you would not be able to enter it through the door. It has to be placed as a building with a door to do that which is easily fixed by getting a replacement when you blow it up with a GM present. Then place it later when the end building is revealed which has a door.

Seems more likely that the other stuff that is to be put in with the same patch was not finished as quickly as hoped. Various people taking time off here and there likely is what got that delayed so delayed the building thing too.
    Phoenix- I like you and everything so please don't take this the wrong way...

I've read your thoughts on what might have caused the delay in another thread already. I posted here to find out what the Devs had to say. Maybe you're right in your belief but I was hoping to get some confirmation from the folks actually working on it (unless you work for Funcom)?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'm curious to know what is going to be the lure to get everyone to go to the new PvP pf?
    And is it going to be like a BS set up or something where they only reason you should be there is to pvp, or like 2h0 where it's a short cut if you want to take the risk of getting ganked?
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Phoenix- I like you and everything so please don't take this the wrong way...

I've read your thoughts on what might have caused the delay in another thread already. I posted here to find out what the Devs had to say. Maybe you're right in your belief but I was hoping to get some confirmation from the folks actually working on it (unless you work for Funcom)?
    I was just putting in what has been said by FC lately that would be relevant as often enough FC doesn't come right out and respond on matters. Other than in the Q&A FWM threads there usually are no answers given to what people ask here or other most places. So we generally have to go by what we can piece together.

People routinely hope or ask for responses from FC (self included) but usually get none. After missing the last hopeful date and the complaints that followed it doesn't seem likely they'll try to commit to even a general date till it's about ready to go. At this stage they're likely regretting their cutesy efforts with the revealing present building idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post
    Last week's atrox head was scary, this one is scary in a whole new way... It has the same kind of look on it's face as Pepé Le Pew when he sees Penelope Pussycat

Those. Eyes. Fill. Me. With. Terror.
    Been reading too much lately m8
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    I'm curious to know what is going to be the lure to get everyone to go to the new PvP pf?
    And is it going to be like a BS set up or something where they only reason you should be there is to pvp, or like 2h0 where it's a short cut if you want to take the risk of getting ganked?
    If I remember right, you get on BS queue and get access to this pf.

So even if it never start and you're alone in the queue, you can get VP from the npc there.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast