Thread: Questions we didn't get to ask!

Questions we didn't get to ask!

Oookay!

I don't really use IRC, so I wasn't at the meeting, but I imagine a lot of us were in the same boat. Even so, we had questions, and we'd love to pose them to Events, so that maybe we can get some answers whenever

I'll kick this off by asking what I'd hoped to ask you guys during the meeting...although I wasn't there.

Is it possible, in the future, that the aliens might learn how to imitate human speech, or infiltrate the human race, posing as other humans? This could make for some reeeeally intriguing RP!

...but then, are there already alien NPC's among us?? *EEKS and dons his tinfoil hat!*
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

...I guess nobody else had any more questions! Oh well *goes and nibbles on celery* Nom nom.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Honestly, Nuli, a lot of us have just been asking them in the IRC channel since it's still serving as a gathering place of sorts.

If I could make a recommendation, switch your Instant Messager client to Pidgin and you can follow the Directions here to link up with the IRC chat.

If you have questions or problems as you're attempting this feel free to IM me
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Funcom employee

Alternatively you can use the in-game Aorpbot to communicate with the channel, if logging on IRC isn't your thing. You can find the details in this link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=579082
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Yeah, join up Nuli.. I promise to give you cookies!!
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

*nibbles on cookies dipped in butterscotch* yepp nom nom ones too!
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nulion View Post
    Is it possible, in the future, that the aliens might learn how to imitate human speech, or infiltrate the human race, posing as other humans? This could make for some reeeeally intriguing RP!
    Well... in order to not interfere with current and future storylines and characters,
    I'm at this point unable to comment on your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Devdas View Post
    Well... in order to not interfere with current and future storylines and characters,
    I'm at this point unable to comment on your question.
    I got to speak with an alien in LoX already so, whenever you want.
    Funny thing is that such agent may not even be hostile.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

A few years back an Alien that was inside of Reet's Retreat spoke english in vicinity to "Jacobstroud".

So, I think it's already been established that they're capable of it.

...whooo, this is what happens when I forget to look at a thread I started!

I had nooo idea such a 'bot existed, so...I'll take a look at it!

And thanks for all the answery things! Though I hadn't intended it all to be about my question, I just thought Fourth Wall would be a good place for anybody to ask...things!

Devdas, you are mysterious! For this, you get a cookie! The cookie will be shaped like Scooby-Doo, because he and his gang of 70's outcasts love mysteries! Well, Scooby doesn't like mysteries, he just likes running away from them, even though it's always a guy in a mask.

Kintaii, you get a cookie just because you're Kintaii, and happen to be a magnet for cookies. Stay away from my cookie vault; I can't afford to lose ALL of them! I mean, if you got too close you'd attract several tons of them, and they would all fly at you from across the vault, probably crushing you. That would be really messy. And painful.

Boltgun: I'd like to speak with this alien. Maybe ask him what time it is, and have him give me a strange look, and tell me that he doesn't have a watch. It will be the most important conversation humanity has ever made.

Elleza: That sounds amazingly delicious. I want you to air mail me two tubs of cookies, and two tubs of butterscotch. We will mix them together in an emptied swimming pool, and throw a "Holy crap, I wouldn't want to be the one to clean out the pool's filters" party. It'll be in two weeks, at that big pool in 4 Holes that nobody uses. Bring snorkels! Oh, and pillows of course. Can't have an Elleza and butterscotch without pillows! I'm...still not exactly sure why.

Stanimir: I physically cannot have any more cookies than I have now. It's what scientists call the Planck Cookie Density. It's awesome. However, I'm still accepting donations! Not sure why, because excess cookies just cease to exist. It's like throwing sweet treats into a black hole.

Trousers: I like pigeons, but not as AIM messaging clients. I like watching them on street corners, fussing with one another for bits of crumbs and such. This one time, I saw this reeeeally fat pigeon! It jiggled with every step, since it did that weird head bob thing. I'm amazed that blob of a bird could fly! ....Note to self, buy anti-pigeon lasers for my cookie vault. But in all seriousness, I'll try and look into it! ...One way or another, I'll do...something.

Hahahahaha.

All I can say Nulion, is what have you been putting IN your cookies? And... can I have some?
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

hahaha now that just made me laugh loudly

*giggles and wipes off a tear of laughter*
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

Do RPers from DNW who were active in the DNW OAM/CoT have to reapply to the RK1/RK2 or can we just show up and take part in the meetings?
    Jane "Lylith" Doe - former Omni-Pol employee - There is no knowledge that is not power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylith View Post
    Do RPers from DNW who were active in the DNW OAM/CoT have to reapply to the RK1/RK2 or can we just show up and take part in the meetings?
    We would welcome you into the RK2 OAM with open arms While it may be nice to re-submit applications I'm sure if you just showed up they wouldn't turn you away.

From what I can see most of us chose RK1 as our new home, nevertheless thanks for the offer.
    Don't know if any of us will take part in any official RP as there are, or better said were, some very big differences between the DNW OAM and the ones on RK1/2 and the same goes for the stories. Still it would be nice to know how to proceed once we've tweaked our toons to have a logical background under these new circumstances and once we've read up enough on the storylines on those dims.
    Jane "Lylith" Doe - former Omni-Pol employee - There is no knowledge that is not power.

While you don't have to reapply, letting us know in advance if your going to start attending will allow us to keep the lists upto date (unfortunately those that were directors will not be able to regain that status).

As for the CoT, thats mostly player run so I'd take it up with the clerical of which ever dimension you wish to take part on.

Thanks for the response, Pheats. The part about not being able to continue being director was pretty clear to me and I've finished that chapter (was fun while it lasted, so once again thanks to the ARKs and former ARKs who supported it on DNW). Maybe I'll send Eto Demercel into the OAM now, if time permits, seems like Omni-Tek's PR might need some more boosts

Not so sure if you'll see anyone of us being active though, our numbers have dwindled to being almost non-existent, but it's good to know that the bureaucracy is kept at a minimum.

A boost to RP shouldn't hurt, that's true.