Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 30th, 2010 - Go Go Community!

Funcom employee Friday with Means - July 30th, 2010 - Go Go Community!

It isn't enough that we have one guy creating great new icons for us at the moment (Thanks Doc!) faster than we can implement them..but now you guys are helping us out with a badly needed upgrade to the default AO planetmap. Onack has supplied us with a "spoiler free" version of the map that all of you have been using for years (tweaked based on suggestions from all of you) that we are hoping to get in as the default map as soon as humanly possible. Demoder spent some time this morning helping me get a working version running internally here...and this should also take care of the little "Three Craters" issue with the GMS we have been having since the release of these playfields. If you haven't seen Demoder's tower war tracker site yet it is definitely worth a look: http://towers.flw.nu/content/ .

So again...Go community GO! It feels great to be working with such a big team This felt like a very good day.

In regards to further balance work, the "Enforcer" proposed changes are being released to the Professionals for a first look today. This represents some more significant changes to the profession and we hope to work through the feedback from the professionals over the next couple weeks. There will not be a different profession released next Friday simply because Genele will be enjoying a spreadsheet free week of well deserved vacation.

I am sorry that the release of the "Mystery Building" has taken as long as it has. We had some significant problems getting it to work correctly (not floating...doors working etc) as no new buildings had been added for many years and the documentation of these systems left a little to be desired. However..with every cloud having a silver lining this delay gave Kintaii a chance to get the new open PvP playfield in a state ready for initial testing and we will be running some "event" type testing of this playfield on the live dimensions starting with the release of this update THIS WEEK. Possibly Tuesday but more likely Wednesday. This update will also include further tweaks to some of the daily instanced missions to make them scale *perfectly*. This update will also include new code to prevent friendly auras/aoe's from affecting your opponent in duels.

I am sorry that I don't remember specifically who asked me about a particular helmet being "not Shade" this week. As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything. There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.

Have a great weekend!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

What you waiting for?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Before first.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

*waves to Means*
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

page 1, rah!

Looking forward to the enfo changes (I hope!) & the pvpf, ah pvpppf, em pvppf?... Kintaii's thing, yeah

Have a good weekend folks
    Last edited by Troxxor; Jul 30th, 2010 at 17:07:54.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

first page lalalala
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Page 1 Yay...
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

first
    Cookie'FF'Tastic

The peace sign is just the middle and the trigger finger

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything. There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.

\o/

Nice news indeed all round Especially the Not Shade tag!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

1st page but idc.
    liars are the real losers

Truth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL

I think that the "Not Shade" tag was put in place because shades dont actually have a real physical body but more of a semi nano enhanced meta shape thingy... Hence preference of tatoos and shade specific armor... But then AI came and messed that up and imo you might as well remove the tag.

(The pro of this body would be that you can change spirits on the go instead of using a surgery clinic)

w00t first page!
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Vary niace, first page
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Still waiting on that engine video...
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

1st page

No proff nanos this week?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Nice info today!
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything.
    When?!
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast