Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 30th, 2010 - Go Go Community!

>We are hoping to also have an overview of changes to all Nemesis nanos next Friday as well.

when ?
    Last edited by gaiatry; Jul 30th, 2010 at 17:17:39.
    Molotoff Cocktail

true that doca & onack are coolest recent suggestions, while demoder work is longly known (we visit his http://flw.nu/portal for now 4 years ^^) and appreciated. didn't see his new interface yet, out of the new graphics he showed us on LoR, ofc.
    out of that, cool to have a weekly rate on professional change (even if next is out for Genele's vacation), and glad to know building/pvpplayfield are otw for next patch.

BUT

we really need some new engine preview (videos w/ landscapes, action, sexyness, lights, shadows, water, eyecandy) as soon possible, in september hopefully !

eta plx ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Overview of the nemesis nanos means.. please?
    Documentation that is
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I am sorry that the release of the "Mystery Building" has taken as long as it has. We had some significant problems getting it to work correctly (not floating...doors working etc) as no new buildings had been added for many years and the documentation of these systems left a little to be desired.
    Hopefully you guys are meticulous at documenting now so that 5 years from now we don't have some Dev explaining a delay away as 'poor documentation 5 years ago..'
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I am sorry that I don't remember specifically who asked me about a particular helmet being "not Shade" this week. As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything. There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.
    Symbs / implants plxthxbai

Think the helmets were "not shade" because they can't have a helmet on and eat their opponents. And back armor somehow is too heavy, or some kind of D&D reasoning...

Edit: On symbs/imps for shade... Maybe bump down all level locks on shade spirits for like, 20-30 levels?
    Last edited by eroz_c; Jul 30th, 2010 at 17:41:39.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Can't wait to test the new PVP PF. 0% means it will be a nice bloodbath.

WOW nice change for shades. I knew it it was worth it to farm tokens on my shade for those "No Shade" token boards afterall. That alone, is worth every spreadsheet.

Good initiative to include community best of the best as defaults ingame such as maps and the like.

SO will the birthday building be plantable and open after this upcomming update?
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

I am sorry that I don't remember specifically who asked me about a particular helmet being "not Shade" this week. As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything. There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.
    Hey, it wasn't me *this* week! Still fantastic to see that. \o/

On a sidenote, is there any set order we could see as to which professions are getting changes looked over next?
    Khione ::::::: 220|24|70 ::: Lich
    Cynical :::::: 219|24|66 ::: Finalizer
    Scyra :::::::: 218|18|44 ::: Field Marshal
    Oussrahel :::: 174|13|42 ::: CEO
    Lithhium ::::: 168|06|14 ::: Minister
    Tethaealla ::: 126|07|35 ::: Vigilante

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    SO will the birthday building be plantable and open after this upcomming update?
    That is correct. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

AO Community > Some of my irl neighbors, lol...gogo

...helmet being "not Shade"...
    Even the shades are getting hats before me...aw man! Cleverbot said I would get one.

This makes the shades ecstatic! It's amazing how such a change can revitalize a prof. And a new default map! OMG! Look forward to the new bs playfield, the new prof balances, and the ai dungeon... this is EXCITING! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Now... to make us shades really happy, just remove the level lock of spirits please. Would help tremendously. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wooooot; Jul 30th, 2010 at 18:29:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    AO Community >
    Even the shades are getting hats before me...aw man! Cleverbot said I would get one.
    *is shade*....*has no hat*...=(

If you haven't seen Demoder's tower war tracker site yet it is definitely worth a look: http://towers.flw.nu/content/.
    I approve of this website!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Good stuff!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Onack has supplied us with a "spoiler free" version of the map that all of you have been using for years (tweaked based on suggestions from all of you) that we are hoping to get in as the default map as soon as humanly possible.
    Yay! It's a nice choice and I'm sure new players will prefer that to our old default map.

Originally in the shade info they were said to be too fragile or what not to be able to use various armour so had to use specialized tattoos. So before we were told token boards for shades were in coming, either special ones or the same ones as others. Now helmets and back armour I guess will also be usable by shades. As asked by others will implants and some symbs also become usable?

This also sort of begs the question about start up locations. That is will all the profs and all types of accounts be able to start up at the new start up area or will shades and keepers still be made to start elsewhere?

Grats to me for finally getting to upgrade my AI helmet (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=520138)

And grats to all omni and clan shades for finally getting their sided tokenboards
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Symbs / implants plxthxbai
    Edit: On symbs/imps for shade... Maybe bump down all level locks on shade spirits for like, 20-30 levels?
    Um, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    This also sort of begs the question about start up locations. That is will all the profs and all types of accounts be able to start up at the new start up area or will shades and keepers still be made to start elsewhere?
    Our plans for the new startup experience are that all professions will begin there - Keepers and Shades will most likely not be forced to use a separate startup area.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Our plans for the new startup experience are that all professions will begin there - Keepers and Shades will most likely not be forced to use a separate startup area.
    Glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I think spirits need a more overall level-rebalance. Especially at low levels shades simply do not have the twinking capabilities to stay on par with any other profession. I'd love to see shades become viable lowbie pvp twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Nice, thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast