Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 30th, 2010 - Go Go Community!

The map looks too asian! Great work Onack, and congratulations on it being implemented. I believe player retention might bump up a few notches with this change, as new players won't feel quite as lost any more.

Shade changes: This sounds GREAT! Shades always felt like a totally different game to me, without all the cool things I liked with AO.

Towerwar tracking site: This is still a work in progress, like everything else I work on it would seem, but I think it'll still be useful to some of you. If you have any feedback regarding the site, please feel free to post here, or send me a PM on the AO Universe forums. Thanks go to vhab for the design!
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The map looks too asian!
    How can a map look asian? oO
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Thanks Onack for all the work that went into those maps.. they are priceless when it comes to new (and vet) players' experience.
    And thanks Doc for all those amazing new item graphics.
    And thanks Demoder.. that site actually is brillant!.
    Last edited by Ocene; Jul 30th, 2010 at 20:42:13.

Yay! Means mentioned me in his post, well, my ego is assuming he meant me when he said (Thanks Doc) but there are allot of Docs in AO, bah I'm sure he meant me,.. YAY!

There are still allot of 'duplicate' icons in AO. (Different objects that reuse the same icons) Remember if you know of an annoying icon that is reusing the icon of another object, please, feel free to bring it to my attention in my thread over in the Game Suggestions forum.

Cheers everyone!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

not sure if this has already been mentioned.. but when are the removal of not shade tags coming ⁄. it sounded like it was an agreement between all of the fc team.. so shouldn't it come before the "rebalancing"
    Shadeyowner - 220/30/70 finished.. but still gimp... gimp equip
    Nukeowner 212/4?/45 - NT
    Bigguyown - Leveling Enfo
    Srgtpepper - "the pew pew experiment"

It might, as it has nothing to do with the rebalancing.. it's just a fix that like many others was long due.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    The fates determine who gets hats.

well than i should get one soon, just finished building my AO shrine to pray to and sacrafied my first child at its feet
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

what's this hat thingy everyone has? I want a big gun instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I am sorry that I don't remember specifically who asked me about a particular helmet being "not Shade" this week. As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything. There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.
    Wait a minute..."everything" armor or "everything" everything... as in armor, implants, symbiants, etc.?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Wait a minute..."everything" armor or "everything" everything... as in armor, implants, symbiants, etc.?
    Symbiants don't have the "not shade" tag. It's just that none of them include shade in the "Profession = xyz OR" list.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

No, everything that says "Not Shade" on it currently.

To my recollection, this would be helmets, back items and neck items.

And possibly a few other items I dont recall.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Symbiants don't have the "not shade" tag. It's just that none of them include shade in the "Profession = xyz OR" list.
    Good point. I have not played a shade since 2005 & didn't think about how symbiants are req'ed.

Thanks for pointing out my error.

Now they just need to remove the profession reqs from all "normal" symbiants to even the playfield for all professions... especially those that are currently restricted to only one symbiant line.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Now they just need to remove the profession reqs from all "normal" symbiants to even the playfield for all professions... especially those that are currently restricted to only one symbiant line.
    Yes.. that's an excellent idea, actually. (RP)I don't see why your choice of profession should affect what implants you can wear.(/RP) And always yes to less cookie-cutter setups.

As a team we have decided the "not Shade" tag is bad and will be removed from pretty much everything...ok..actually everything. There used to be some reason for it...but it stopped being valid a long time ago.
    On a related note, how about "FP: Shade" nano for agents so they can hide from buff beggars?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    How can a map look asian? oO
    I guess like this one http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/as.htm ?
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

The "<enter subject matter here> looks too asian!" is really getting old you guys :P

Stop humping the bandwagon
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    The "<enter subject matter here> looks too asian!" is really getting old you guys :P

Stop humping the bandwagon
    Oh, I think that little inside joke/dead horse has a few beatings left before it starts to smell and maggots start crawling.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Ana, give me a big gun for my Avatar. Angels can do everything they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Oh, I think that little inside joke/dead horse has a few beatings left before it starts to smell and maggots start crawling.
    asian maggots?

QQ shades OP qq blah might as well allow everybody to wer everything and make it a level playfield
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast