Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 30th, 2010 - Go Go Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    Give Auno.org and Xyphos.com some kudos too
    yep. those websites & Kimi's Arpa are so useful idk how we'd play without 'em.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    The "<enter subject matter here> looks too asian!" is really getting old you guys :P

Stop humping the bandwagon
    Almost as old as the first 10 replies to every FwM being about how the poster managed to be on the first page.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Sexiest GD in AO history.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing View Post
    Well, that ones really looks asian .
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

You know.. I would if AUNO was up to date and Xyphos actually worked. Half the time I'm looking for something I start at Auno, but it's not there cause well it's not up to date with new nanos in the prof listing; so okay, I'll go search Xyphos except every time I click on a profession it goes "Unknown" and just doesn't show anything.

I'd love to have a DB site I could give kudos to, but atm I don't.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Pfff don't **** on Auno, guy quit playing like 5 years ago and still runs that site for us all.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I ain't ****ting on him, I'm just also not praising him.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I'll go search Xyphos except every time I click on a profession it goes "Unknown" and just doesn't show anything.
    It appears to be a simple link error. The data exists.

Click on the profession of choice, then click on "all". Change the profession ID (profession= ) inside the link to that page and hit enter (profession ID can be found by hovering your mouse over the profession links and viewing the status bar)

Considering the size of the effort done by each party and considering they weren't paid to do it, that is worth some kudos imo. Beats Funcom who is paid to do something and yet cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Sexiest GD in AO history.
    I second that!
    .. but he has a wife
    How lucky she is

More Means photos!
    (but not in teletubby costume)
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    It appears to be a simple link error. The data exists.

Click on the profession of choice, then click on "all". Change the profession ID (profession= ) inside the link to that page and hit enter (profession ID can be found by hovering your mouse over the profession links and viewing the status bar)
    Yes I figured that part out earlier, what I don't get is why, if it's a simple link error, it's not fixed? Is he coding with the MMO ethic of "little things are hard to fix"? Why should the user have to click a link, click another link; then manually edit the URL, just to reach the page they wanted in the first place?

How many people would quit AO and curse Funcom if you had to do that kind of thing for something they coded?

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Considering the size of the effort done by each party and considering they weren't paid to do it, that is worth some kudos imo. Beats Funcom who is paid to do something and yet cannot.
    This is true.
    Last edited by Ayria; Jul 31st, 2010 at 04:14:30.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Watch all the shades farm token boards now.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the Token Gun market...
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Looking forward to seeing those "Not Enforcer" tags on the BS terminals!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Imoonderman View Post
    asian maggots?
    mongolian death worms!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

You know.. I would if AUNO was up to date and Xyphos actually worked. Half the time I'm looking for something I start at Auno, but it's not there cause well it's not up to date with new nanos in the prof listing; so okay, I'll go search Xyphos except every time I click on a profession it goes "Unknown" and just doesn't show anything.

And did you report these errors to Xyphos?
    How can he fix anything if everyone just goes "meh it doesn't work" and moves on.
    Explain to him what's wrong and he'll very likely fix it.

It's not like he sits there thinking, "what annoying bugs shall I add today?".

So get of your high horse and start doing something for the community, even if it's as small as a bug report.

Both have been around for a few now though. Would be a bit odd to mention them in FWM now
    Besides, once that flood gate opens I'm sure many more will want their 5 minutes of fame in FWM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Thanks go to vhab for the design!
    We couldn't have a shiny new site looking like the old one
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Jul 31st, 2010 at 09:29:27.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

If I could decide I would implement nanonanny, clicksaver, TinyDump (DD), guides, ao shop agent, etc...basicly all the useful programs most of us use when we play, with a "this program is brough to you by <insert toon name here>. That would be awsome imo

AO could definitely do with clicksaver being implemented since every new person that asks how to make credits is linked to it and given a list of items to roll anyway, seems a bit pathetic on AOs part that you need to go round looking for 3rd party apps before you can play the game properly
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    AO could definitely do with clicksaver being implemented since every new person that asks how to make credits is linked to it and given a list of items to roll anyway, seems a bit pathetic on AOs part that you need to go round looking for 3rd party apps before you can play the game properly
    You must not have an iPHONE. You just described what it is that makes apple money (no not iPhones cases lol).

But grats for getting the map updated, the icons updated and the many community initiatives that have been added by Means and crew.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Means, please make sure the update to the birthday building (which i assume removes the birthday items from the loot table) Fixes the breaks in loot tables those items caused (For Example Weapons Upgrade from LoX instances has almost disspeared, especially from Mitaar and Vortexx)
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Fixes the breaks in loot tables those items caused (For Example Weapons Upgrade from LoX instances has almost disspeared, especially from Mitaar and Vortexx)
    Any change in loot table that involves more items being added will have some potential effect on loot, as long as its chance based.

And, because theyre chance based to begin with, its hard to tell if its changed or youre just unlucky.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Any change in loot table that involves more items being added will have some potential effect on loot, as long as its chance based.

And, because theyre chance based to begin with, its hard to tell if its changed or youre just unlucky.
    Not just talking from personal experience but anyway...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast