Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 30th, 2010 - Go Go Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Niemandsland View Post
    Had only 2 weapon updates in the last 6 runs... loot table seems very bugged
    2 out of 6 and you are complaining? people would give up ther left jewle for that :P
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    I say keep the NOT SHADE flag. They already do the most damage, now they get the most armor.
    Uhm...Hi.
    Have you ever played a tl7 shade?
    We haven't been the most pvm damage since pre-LE thanks. And although I haven't counted, i would be willing to bet there are several professions with a higher item-by-item count for open armor than shades. Other than the token boards, the major endgame effects of this removal of this tag will be social, and i'm personally ecstatic to put the omni armed forces tank armor on my shade's social tab. =p
    Khione ::::::: 220|24|70 ::: Lich
    Cynical :::::: 219|24|66 ::: Finalizer
    Scyra :::::::: 218|18|44 ::: Field Marshal
    Oussrahel :::: 174|13|42 ::: CEO
    Lithhium ::::: 168|06|14 ::: Minister
    Tethaealla ::: 126|07|35 ::: Vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Niemandsland View Post
    Had only 2 weapon updates in the last 6 runs... loot table seems very bugged
    I assume that Dr Hax is standing behind you pointing his finger right about now, ready to throw a computer monitor at your face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVz1VVWcF5U
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Oh, please remove that "Profession == Adventurer" from those Items with Multiranged and Pistol.... would do a good thing >_>.
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

why do we seem to be moving towards all professions being able to do the same thing, and being equally capable in all areas of combat and defense?
    I liked the differentiation. It added to the uniqueness of profession.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    Oh, please remove that "Profession == Adventurer" from those Items with Multiranged and Pistol.... would do a good thing >_>.
    regards
    And "Profession == Engineer" on chickenbot and reflect auras too as well as aMEP. Right?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    And "Profession == Engineer" on chickenbot and reflect auras too as well as aMEP. Right?
    Rather not. But do a lookup for Multi Ranged and Pistol on Auno and most stuff you find is adv only.
    With all that MultiRange they got they could triplewield Kyzorchs >_>.
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Anyway, I do not care to continue this discussion anymore. I just wanted to point out why you were being attacked by the others.
    I know why I was being attacked, and I think their reasoning is off. As a programmer things like criticism should be welcome, needed, desired; why? Because it lets us know when things are off - things look good to us, they work good for us, but if we're making something for other people, it should matter if it looks and works good for them too.

To jump on someone and bash them because they have some negative comments on a service only shows that they're not in this to do the best they can and help the most people in the best possible way. They're here to make something they wanted and get peoples praise for their work.

Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons.. it's debatable on what that makes it in the end. But imo providing a service to the community should be done with humility and the willingness to take some hostility.

Now am I saying that Vhab and Xyphos are only doing what they're doing for the praise? No, because honestly I don't know. They could be, they could not be. But the impression I got from this interaction does leave me with concern over their intent.

Now back to the original program...
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Finally back home from my short trip to Berlin.

FWM this week sounds very good, update next week... nice one, i was always wondering why funcom doesn´t just patch more often, instead of having stuff done and then waiting for other stuff to bring the stuff live which is finished for 3 or more weeks, just make 2 patches...

Well, hell did not freeze over, but... AO has accepted user created content, for the second time in a year.

Excellent choice! Well Done, Bravo!

Now about other user generated content...
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    New content does not have to make old content obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    why do we seem to be moving towards all professions being able to do the same thing, and being equally capable in all areas of combat and defense?
    I liked the differentiation. It added to the uniqueness of profession.
    There is no "uniqueness" when everyone plays the same 3-4 professions, because those are the only ones required for PVM content.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    There is no "uniqueness" when everyone plays the same 3-4 professions, because those are the only ones required for PVM content.
    qft and yay for means

No Atrox Allowed!
    Straes ::::::: 220/30 NT?! :::::::::::: saving the day 24/7. YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Slugjunkie :: 150/20 Ex-Pistol Solja :: gimpin' > pimpin'
    stray alts ::: eng, agt, cra, nt, doc
    <3 R.I.P. Omni Infantry <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Trader alpha: Landing any nano then taking as long as you possibly want and/or feel like to kill people with regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    2 out of 6 and you are complaining? people would give up ther left jewle for that :P
    So that`s where it went...

Major kudos to Xyphos and Auno! Don't want to praise them? Let's have them take the sites away and see how happy our AO experience is. Their very existence in any state is a blessing. Don't reply to this statement unless you wish to express similar gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This update will also include further tweaks to some of the daily instanced missions to make them scale *perfectly*.
    If this includes fixing Smuggler's Den mishes, as mentioned here, I will bow down and praise the giant nickel statue of you pointing at the sky like an astronaut. EDIT: Wait, you said 'instanced'... I'll pretend you didn't mean only that, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    On a related note, how about "FP: Shade" nano for agents so they can hide from buff beggars?
    Agents can't hide the best already? :P
    Last edited by Phuriae; Aug 2nd, 2010 at 00:17:51. Reason: noticed something missing
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    Major kudos to Xyphos and Auno! Don't want to praise them? Let's have them take the sites away and see how happy our AO experience is. Their very existence in any state is a blessing. Don't reply to this statement unless you wish to express similar gratitude.
    actually, even tho i've been working on my own lil db site since '07, it can be easily argued that they're a detriment to the game. as they cause massive spoilers when it comes to items and other things.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

At the risk of going off topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    Rather not. But do a lookup for Multi Ranged and Pistol on Auno and most stuff you find is adv only.
    With all that MultiRange they got they could triplewield Kyzorchs >_>.
    regards
    Yeah, that's the issue. Often times in days of yore, when other professions got a bunch of skills that are actually useful in their items, one profession received multi ranged / multi melee, which to add insult to injury was largely unneeded to equip the preferred weapons of the profession. So have at you.

Now I know that someone's gonna come and take a stab about AS pistol and perks, but they're not really profession locked now are they.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I know that this is really offtopic, but I haven't found another place where to ask this, is the new aipf going to be really 150-200 (including the min and max lvl reffered here)?
    *Runs from the current fight* :P
    If you knew all that i know and only that, you'd know more than i do.

Boruto 220/27/70 Patroxius 220/23/xx Detrax 170/16/42 Rebimbas 150/20/42 Fodilhao 74/7/14

Now 23 weeks ago since Means promised us a video of the new engine "In 3 weeks"

Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    actually, even tho i've been working on my own lil db site since '07, it can be easily argued that they're a detriment to the game. as they cause massive spoilers when it comes to items and other things.
    Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Now 23 weeks ago since Means promised us a video of the new engine "In 3 weeks"

I know.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast