Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 6th, 2010 - Preemptively Recursive

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Nice one Will come check it out on Test
    It's on live.

EDIT: This is like the third or fourth time I've got the top of page 2 on FwM. Damn I'm awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

8. More random fun elements will be added.
    Random fun... hmmm...

2. Running on rooftops will not be in this area.

Why not just make an Engi pet with guns on it? I'd love my pet to be able to sit down and blast away at stuff. That would solve some of the pathing problems too.
    Last edited by Igri00; Aug 6th, 2010 at 17:08:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    It's on live.

EDIT: This is like the third or fourth time I've got the top of page 2 on FwM. Damn I'm awesome.
    Page 2 Sniper!
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    That said, there's a certain step on the battlestations that needs serious fixing, though.
    This work is done (steps to the teleporters...tell me if that isn't the one you are speaking about)...we just need to get it into an exported version. Step will be gone soon.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

I think the new PVP playfield is awesome in many aspects. Firstly people are forgetting that same faction pvp exists and there are mechanics for it (Flags, 5% gas). Secondly, people doing BS are used to solo kills, occasionally teaming, but soloing for the most part.

This PF brings in a brand new style of PVP, urban style, where generally people team for it. The good news is that all the rezzing, rebuffing, hugging BY, pocketing, which made Borealis PVP boring, is gone.
    Last edited by Ocene; Aug 6th, 2010 at 17:46:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This work is done (steps to the teleporters...tell me if that isn't the one you are speaking about)...we just need to get it into an exported version. Step will be gone soon.
    I feel sorry for whoever you forced to do that :P
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

where is the promised enf changes?
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

under the cabbage leaves
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Thanks for the update about the plans for the PVP area. Will the xp/sk loss upon dying here be changed also?
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    where is the promised enf changes?
    This.. and Im wondering what prof will be next
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Good job Kintaii and Mstrbastrd on it. Got to say it is pretty sweet.

So... Mechs will be able to go through teleporters too? I kinda liked that they couldn't or at least only until they stepped off.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Please keep us posted on the rebalancing stuff.. tbh, many of us are living on those news atm.

Thanks.

2. Running on rooftops will not be in this area. Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions. Allowing roof running would make this advantage larger than it already is. This can be the one place where standing on a box is not the best defense against a sophisticated kill robot. I know it would be fun to run accross the rooftops...but not for everyone.
    Have you seen how op'ed this place is for professions like adventurers? Or anything with capped runspeed? The moment they are low, they will run, and with all these invisible walls and buildings in the way, they will not die. Fixer/agent/engi chased down an advy for about 10 minutes before we could kill him. Not because we couldn't perk/kill him, but the moment he got low, bam kite fest for a minute, full health, perk recharge, he would tank us all again, repeat.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

the way to enter it on testlive is that it looks like a /duel challanger icon near the grid in ICC, it looks nice and stuff alot of wall blocking but like Means said, a way for pets and melee profs not to be out of range
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

from the people I've talked to, it seems like it would be more fun if the teams were limited to 3 persons. I can totally understand how within a few weeks there will be perfected teams of 6 that will be unbeatable by anything else than an equally experienced team of 6, leaving anyone in there solo or in lesser teams just sh*t out of luck. I haven't seen it yet, but this is what I hear so far.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Any chance of a engine update plzzzzzzzzzzzz?

3. There will be no contagious flags inside the playfield.
    Why not? i think its the most fun killin in the starter room haha

1. We will not be removing the ability to team. People will always be able to help each other in some way...even if it means simply not attacking each other. Nothing will truly prevent cooperation so there is no point in making it inconvenient for those who want to play together. I am not against the idea of some kind of "challenger" setup where it is always 1 on 1...but this isn't it.

Really? that sucks tbh, engis will forever be OP in this area, for it's blockers.. a engi+doc never dies..
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Really? that sucks tbh, engis will forever be OP in this area, for it's blockers.. a engi+doc never dies..
    Tell that to my doc who still got butt rapped by a Fixer and Sol. Lots of specials + stuns = dead doc with blockers.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast