Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - August 13th, 2010: Friday the whatnow?

LAST! (IBTL)

How about an idea to make the hardcore title farmers cry, scream and /wrists?

Keep both PvP areas separate. Make one a "pure" PvP area, double kill count and reduce VP drops. Make the other a noobzor PvP area. Moar VP and no or less kill counts. PvP without the spawncamping twinks can actually be fun.

Darn joo Wranglerine, who told joo to tyep faster?
    Last edited by Lusos101; Aug 13th, 2010 at 17:14:32. Reason: Wrangeline made me do it.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

no more bacon wrap
    And they where so yummy those wraps :S
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/...63b1dab96a.jpg
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

I do think the Notum Miner area should be tied BS, otherwise BS will be even more dead than it is now, but your fears about people /afking out are well grounded.

How about this:

- Completing a full round of BS (or hitting ~400, similar to the daily mish) gives you a buff called "Blessed by Victory" or something like that.

- You must have this buff in your NCU to redeem your notum chunks for VP.

This will allow people to collect all the notum chunks they want, but they still have to participate in BS to get their VPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We've discussed this internally, but getting it to work is a lot harder than it sounds. Like "make Macrosun cry" territory. So while I won't say we'll *never* go down that road, it isn't a likely possibility any time in the near future.
    Isn't that a reason to like.. do it just for that? I mean.. those Macro cries echoing along the offices floors really are filling it with life. Don't you agree?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

PS: Since I know someone's gonna ask, no, Means is just fine and was in the office today. Just had to dash out a bit early and was running really short on time, so I volunteered to take over the post. Nothing to worry about, The Man is just fine. ;P
    Somehow i got a feeling now that you said it... that Means really isn't "just fine".
    Like in the movies.. when you say that "dont worry, everything is going to be just fine." a few secs after a giant Godzilla crashes thru the wall next to you and smashes you to a tiny bloody pond on the ground. ..... *evilgirn*

hope not

Tepikeep - 220 / 26
    Teppox - 220 / 20
    And a way too many lowbies...

Proud member of
    Northern Star

Aaaaaaaaaaaand... uh... hrm. Yeah, ok, that's about it I guess. Should be enough to get you guys settled into some calm, rational, mature discussion (read: ninteen posts of "first/second/3rd/89th" followed by six pages of people (A) wondering where the new engine video is [no i dont have it] and (B) trolling).
    Anarchy Online

AO dev team working

SWTOR/GW2 in construction

My face every friday with menas

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Orginaltepi View Post
    Somehow i got a feeling now that you said it... that Means really isn't "just fine".
    Like in the movies.. when you say that "dont worry, everything is going to be just fine." a few secs after a giant Godzilla crashes thru the wall next to you and smashes you to a tiny bloody pond on the ground. ..... *evilgirn*

hope not
    Seriously, Means is a-ok and ain't nothin' wrong. I said that to stave *off* the conspiracy theorists, not make *new* conspiracies. ><
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Well... At first it seemed that this area could actually bring life to the battlestations that don't run currently, but if you separate them, it's quite certain that this won't happen at all. The BS daily mission is nice - separating the areas would kill that off damn near completely for all except 210+.

Here's some more suggestions to help people actually like going to the BS more:

- Run speed buff for anyone under level 210. Hell, TOTW and IS have buffs that are automatically placed in your NCU when entering, why doesn't BS? The current layout is just too big.
    - Reduce starting numbers to 5 vs 5. Any little bit helps.
    - For crying out loud, make at least one alternative map for the BS. Now that you, Kintaii, know how to make playfields, pretty please make one new one for the BS? Please?
    - Remove logged off people from queues, enable some way to view how many are in the queue - even a NPC that shouts the status every minute
    - I had some other great idea but sadly forgot about it

Have a nice weekend, now, off to the Friday with Beer...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

We even got the chance to show a player around a bit today - Racheloblade dropped in to check out the office and look at some of the new stuff we're working on; even got to show him the new engine, despite the fact that Parsed is unfortunately out sick today.
    Hey, that's my orgmate!

I hope he behaved himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

this is my idea for the bs thing. have a vp or xp bonus buff that goes into ncu after doing the new playfield for a bit.
    essentially like the bar daily. that way itll encourage people to do both the new pf and bs

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    /yawn

Thankfully, every day that passes is another day closer to SWTOR launch.
    ew?

Seriously, Means is a-ok and ain't nothin' wrong. I said that to stave *off* the conspiracy theorists, not make *new* conspiracies. ><
    Well I actually heard he died last night?

To do a round of BS, or just join in the new PVP Field?

Why not have the new pvp field area be a reward for successfully completing a round of BS? The losers (Omni, or Clan) lost control of the BS, so now they went to reek havoc back on RK. After winning back control of the BS, you are now dispatched to settle the dispute currently on RK ala the new pvp field.

I could be wrong, but I think it would encourage ppl to do BS even if they don't really care much for it, knowing they will get to play in the new pvp field after the BS round is over. Maybe I am missing something, but it seems win/win to me. Anyhow thats my thoughts on this.

P.S. Ya, consider the new pvp field as a grudge match. After you lost the round of BS, its a chance to get revenge. With ppl 4 capping ending BS round too early, you can take out your aggression after BS is done in the new pvp field. Seems ok to me.... Just link them together. Once BS is done, you get a 2 min breather or so. Then those that just complete the last BS round get wisked away to the new pvp field.
    Last edited by Rubika-1; Aug 13th, 2010 at 17:59:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    To do a round of BS, or just join in the new PVP Field?

Why not have the new pvp field area be a reward for successfully completing a round of BS? The losers (Omni, or Clan) lost control of the BS, so now they went to reek havoc back on RK. After winning back control of the BS, you are now dispatched to settle the dispute currently on RK ala the new pvp field.

I could be wrong, but I think it would encourage ppl to do BS even if they don't really care much for it, knowing they will get to play in the new pvp field after the BS round is over. Maybe I am missing something, but it seems win/win to me. Anyhow thats my thoughts on this.
    This way, level ranges where battle stations don't run, still don't get VP.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Me thinks BS and the new Notum miner area should be separate.

The reason is because some pvpers want challenge, while others just want to go paste the floor with anyone they can get in range of, and if BS is running, with pvmers loading it up, this means that fights won't be quite so one sided and the pvpers who want to have a challenge and get into whatever they would think of as a 'good fight' could go to the new area which doesn't seem to be so focused on trying to go for the big money, vp wise, but is more interesting to fight in.

Sure, more BS maps would rock, but the gross disparity between pvm play and pvp play is really apparent at a BS at most TLs, splitting the two would give an option for the pvpers who get tired of killing gimps to look for a better fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    /yawn

Thankfully, every day that passes is another day closer to SWTOR launch.
    I vote we keel him.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    This way, level ranges where battle stations don't run, still don't get VP.
    You ofc are right on this

That I did not even consider, hmmm back to square one I suppose...

I vote to agree, and No kintaii is holding against us, they mutiny and tied him up and put him in the closet with a Solitus female
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

better than a trox I suppose ...

(quoting some post about red vs blue)
    We've discussed this internally, but getting it to work is a lot harder than it sounds. Like "make Macrosun cry" territory. So while I won't say we'll *never* go down that road, it isn't a likely possibility any time in the near future.
    There's already a mechanic in place for "faking" neutrals side. Why not use this mechanic on everyone?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

i actually agree that vp should be removed from this area, or obtained in another manner.

if this is strictly a "pvp area" than ganking a vp farmer before they can loot their vp is griefing, or is picking off easy targets, much like spawn camping in bs is the same. thats not real pvp, thats solo/team kill farming and/or being a douche.

i really wish they had've used (traderjills?) idea of a timer that runs in your ncu, and every two minutes it refreshes and gives you your levels worth of vp or something (i.e. - 220vp for lvl 220), but will only refresh if you go out into pvp area. have this, and notum miners dropping a small amount of vp, and everyones happy. hardcore pvp'ers don't have to worry about griefing, title farmers can gank vp farmers to their hearts content without griefing, and vp farmers can run around like turkeys in a shootout, waiting for bs to start, knowing they are getting vp anyhow, so it becomes a game of cat and mouse.

and yeah, you can't separate bs from new playfield, bs is dead already, so remove it, or let it die. people who want vp are already forced to do battlestations, which don't run anyway (except tl7). farming vp through alien missions is a joke, even though the drop rate has been increased noticably.

either way it goes though, being able to obtain vp at lower levels, even if by way of getting ganked by title farmers/griefers, is better than a dead battlestation that rarely runs.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast