Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: AO Fan Gathering! Oslo, Norway - Sept. 11th!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I really hope that cam turns up, really crummy of someone to go in to a party and steal stuff like that

But apart from that mishap, yesterday was HUGE fun! Back in Denmark now, still haven't slept. This morning I also had a lovely thing going with having somehow gotten into my head that my flight was at 10 when it was at 12, so being unable to find any busses or trains that could fit with 10 at the airport I ended up bargaining with some taxidriver to take me there. Apparently I got a pretty good deal, 100€ for the trip to the airport that sort of destroyed my low-cost trip, but meh, so much fun was had that who cares about a 100€!

Little question Mastablasta, are you EVER sober? If i didnt know any better, i would guess you were a professional drunk haha

//Xan

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    In the hopes that someone at the event found it...my personal camera bag (red and black with a Canadian flag on the shoulder) went missing during last night's event. I took the bag off to play pool and that ended up being a serious lapse in judgement. Interestingly enough this is the video camera we used to film Saturday's Q&A session and as the battery died at the end of the session there was no backup. This unfortunately means that if the cameras or files do not reappear then unfortunately the questions and answer session will remain a special secret to the select few that graced us with their presence on this weekend.

Both the Sony video camera and the Nikon D80 were both full of video and photos of my children and family that I can not replace...for example my son's 2nd birthday and our day at the circus.

Anyone who can arrange for the return (no questions asked of course) of this bag will have my undying gratitude.
    Some MPs must be, oh, so desperate.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Xandor View Post
    Little question Mastablasta, are you EVER sober? If i didnt know any better, i would guess you were a professional drunk haha

//Xan
    Course I am, but not this weekend ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Thanks everyone for the great erm evening, i would have said day but we just arrived at 6 p.m. at the office and still got a tour, although being late for about 4 hours

Special thanks to Means and Kintaii for their effort and of course to everyone else from the Dev-Team (i am sure i would miss one if i would try to put in all your Names here... so sry ).

The weekend was a full success, we got more than we were hoping to get.... only bad thing was the kebap...too expensive (i can buy 4 for this price) and it tasted not really good, but that´s nothing for what i could blame someone of AO

Any hope I might have had of keeping a budget went out the window, when I started ordering in the pub. Combined with leaving the hotel before breakfast was served and then getting a massive food craving in the airport.

It was a bit weird sitting in a bar talking about AR, trox'es, server politics, AI-level progression and what have you not without worrying about your neighbour looking at you funny.

Also nice to that everybody was there just for AO. Conventions can so noisy, that any intimacy get's lost (hm, weird word with 80-90 people involved). And, I got a distinct "cave" feeling from the developer office area. No wonder, you are a tightly knit-team.

As always, being naïve and believing the best of my fellow man, I hope we just have to wait for someone to wake up and remember the bag they picked up for safekeeping. Fingers crossed and positive attitude generator engaged.

Thankfully Iriche already posted that little tidbit of you including Nokeeper's answer, so everyone can see it weren't all a masshallucanation.

upload videos guys, someone must have Q&A taped!
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

It really sucks about your camera, Means. Question: Did you guys book the pub for this gathering or was there perhaps outsiders (non-AO players) there as well?

I know it sucks to think that an AO player may have taken it, but at the same time I think you stand a better shot at getting it back than if it may have been taken by some random person.

I really hope that the equipment (or the very least the memory cards) will come back to you. You guys went out of your way to do something very awesome for the community and I really hope that this is not the way someone saw fit to pay you back.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Funcom employee

We had booked the space, but toward the end of the evening there were other, non-player/FC folks milling about as well. Really hope the camera turns up - Would suck to lose not only the equipment but the footage too. :\

Otherwise? I'm just now waking up. God only knows when I'm actually going to recover. XD

THANK YOU ALL FOR SHOWING UP!!! Most awesome throwdown *ever*. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

As a cameralover, i could say... KILL the ****** who stole Means' camera! >
    Couldnt make it there myself, but i'd love to see some pics / vids from the happening
    And i really hope ya guys arrange more of those, as it sounds like it was a success :3 And maybe announce it earlier ;p
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Sounds like a bad setup - non-event ppl slipping in late when they know the bulk of the remaining customers are drunk as skunks and likely to not notice personal stuff disappearing. Might try to get the word out to local radio stations or such, since it sounds like a non-AO person may have absconded with the gear.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

What about posible security camera's in the pub? A lot of pubs have some hidden one's beside the standard-at-the-entrance camera. Atleast we have in the pub where I work. I think it's even under law obligation to have camera's in the pub in most countries, and even if they only got one at the entrance; still a small chance the thief can be spotted with the bag/camera.

Beside from that, looks like you guys have had one blast of a party Wish i could've attended it, I surely will next year =)
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

thanks for this nice day funcom

mfg

ampulle

how can i post a picture her
    ?

you can´t post pictures in here, just upload it on imageshack and put a link here or do something similiar.

Sorry about the camera and vid Means
    Considered posting a message with the staff at dub asking for the items back, no questions asked ofc? Hell even offer a small reward. After all there are some pretty special pictures that has sentimental value.
    Cant believe ppl can stoop that low..or wait I can since someone jacked up my car 2 weeks ago just in order to steal my original rims..and ofc damaging the car as they did it.
    Too bad I was asleep or my baseball bat would have been used

I really hope there will be more events like the one this weekend. Not much for small talking myself but as long as ppl had fun, which they had, its a success.

Seeing the small crammed office you all got and the small staff makes me actually appreciate all we have so far. Amazing that you can actually keep up the work that you do. Perhaps I should start being nicer to ARK's now when reporting a problem or issue

Really sorry to hear the camera got lifted, specially with the family footage, I hope that gets resolved. To anyone else it's 'just' hardware, but you can't put value on irreplacable videos and pictures. Sucks to have something like that mar the event.

I wanted to add my thanks too. I had a brilliant day, seeing inside the offices, getting to see the new engine was a bit like how I felt when I first played AO and had that newbie sense of wonder, and reports about the team being genuine & nice guys are entirely founded. Met some very cool people in the pub (tho not nearly enough from RK2!), including Anarinna - and it was great to be able to tell someone in person you appreciate what they do, hopefully without scaring them too much. I would've liked to stay longer, met some more people, argue about pvp and drink enough courage to speak to more of the AO team, but I stupidly booked an early flight. At least, as Fleshman said, we left before disgracing ourselves

Will post some pics Soon™, unfortunately it ran outta juice so not as many as I'd like - and apologies to those I blinded with random ninja snaps!
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

Last night was a blast, I had a bloody good time. It was incredible fun meeting people you've killed and gotten killed by!

AO has a community of great people, hope we can do this again!

I flat out refuse to believe anyone from the AO community could have taken that camera, we should find and punish the one who did tho..

Darkempire
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

if it turns out that someone stole the camera and they are caught, I'm certain that they will not appear on a reclaim terminal after getting horribly $$$3##@#@ in the #@@ with a prop. stygian.
    people that steal sht like cameras, memory cards full of photos etc... are probably the lowest people in the world, and even a professional thief would regard them as scumbags.

hopefully it turns up though, alcohol does funny things to the memory sometimes.

glad to hear good times were had. wish i coulda been there.
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Sep 12th, 2010 at 17:49:07.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ampulle View Post
    http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

i dont know if it works
    No, what you need to do is over on the right hand side click "create an album" or if you already have one of them just go to that album. Then over on the right in the album there's a thing that says "Direct Link" then below that there's a URL. Copy that url and paste it here.

Example of what the url would look something like. http://img407.imageshack.us/g/scrn0021ru9.jpg/
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast