Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 20th, 2010 - Enforcers + Fixers

When i'm reading these changes I often wonder WTF you guys are thinking... Like do you even PLAY this game ? ?

Then I remember that you couldn't even get a fracking CITY RAID working & then it all makes sense.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    with how easy in current state pvm in ao is ( at least 99% of it ), will it really be a bad change, even if we all gonna end up nerfed after the reballance from current perspective?
    This is not true. Some encounters may be easy for a select few, but for the most part many more are challenging for most. I would hope FunCom doesn't make gameplay decisions based on what they read here.
    ----------------------------------
    The Dark Order Of Chaos

Monchil - MA
    Maxxon - Bureaucrat
    Gunnymonch – Soldier

with how easy in current state pvm in ao is ( at least 99% of it ), will it really be a bad change, even if we all gonna end up nerfed after the reballance from current perspective?
    They have stated intentions to change not only the played chars but mobs and such as well. So it sounds like every aspect of the game is subject to change and we can't judge the noted changes based on anything in game and known today. Due to that we can't look at these proposed changed and offer much of any critique beyond very general stuff, if that even, as we haven't a clue as to any of the other countless possible changes they have planed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monchil View Post
    This is not true. Some encounters may be easy for a select few, but for the most part many more are challenging for most. I would hope FunCom doesn't make gameplay decisions based on what they read here.
    They do though. Mind you in general the idea they seem to go for in PvM is make it for more general chars and non-ideal groups. Then along come the fully twinked ideal teams and those people gripe how easy it was. This is why it'd be good if more things had difficulty options or scaled to the group in some fashion. Can't do it for everything but with so much being instanced it'd be nice and could work for that stuff at least.

all i meant in the last 2 posts was trying to advocate for the pvp reballance, since some said it will interfere with pvm ballance too much, and the majority of players are pvmers not carying at all about pvp

PS. any chance for a confimation if 50% NR check on Program Override is just a typo or intended?
    Last edited by Insane666; Aug 24th, 2010 at 15:59:23.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Forgot to ask..which prof(s) are potentially(tm) announced next week?
    I hope soldiers. Enforcer tears are good, but nothing beats the soldier community when it comes to crying

Or MPs. Wonder what Metaing has been adding to his wishlist over the past few years

i would personally love to see what they intend to do with soldiers. if they follow the same pattern of level locking certain nano's and/or adding team versions to certain nano's, it may not be only a soldier qq fest. if for example rrfe becomes level locked, and/or was changed to an rk team reflect aura, the last people to cry about it would be soldiers, especially considering most people don't actually play their toons from level 80-160 anyhow.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Monchil View Post
    and

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    They do though. Mind you in general the idea they seem to go for in PvM is make it for more general chars and non-ideal groups. Then along come the fully twinked ideal teams and those people gripe how easy it was. This is why it'd be good if more things had difficulty options or scaled to the group in some fashion. Can't do it for everything but with so much being instanced it'd be nice and could work for that stuff at least.
    Once again in this thread: quote, bump.
    Last edited by Phuriae; Aug 25th, 2010 at 00:43:40. Reason: added 2nd quote
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

still hoping to see a confirmation that 50% NR check on Program Override was just a TYPO
    You mean will it be useful (50%) vs anyone or not, right?

if they fix it so it does what its supposed to do and no turn off nearly every defensive perks, then yeah have fun with 50% NR check

right now PO is as broken as a nano can be

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    I hope soldiers. Enforcer tears are good, but nothing beats the soldier community when it comes to crying

Or MPs. Wonder what Metaing has been adding to his wishlist over the past few years
    I sense hate and discrimination in your post, why is that?

I sense hate and discrimination in your post, why is that?
    Some stereotypes are true. Soldiers are excellent at making ze dramah. Considering reflects will prolly be lowered, it will cause a ****storm of whines. It will be good.

Soldiers are excellent at making ze dramah
    Yeah, but that's true of anyone who suddenly finds that they are no longer "flavor of the month."

You know what would be most excellent?

MPs getting an "Emo overload" nano, that lurks in the target's NCU for 5 hours--and turns MR into a 15k self-nuke.

The whining of all the people who wanted to combine MR with ranged specials will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Yeah, but that's true of anyone who suddenly finds that they are no longer "flavor of the month."
    Very much so. That's why soldiers are so good at it.

Several times they were boosted to a point where you just leech your way up to 220, slap on some cheap armour, equip anything that goes pew and be a monster in PvP. Then, they drop some and find they have difficulties in come situations. The instant rage of everyone who finds himself no longer a god amongst men is quite satisfying.

Enforcers fall into that category as well. Most of the ones who whine the hardest rolled their enforcer as their new main because it was so freaking powerful. The fact they are complaining so much now is rather funny, actually. It's literally called a 'balance' patch. How, for some reason, a profession that is at the top of the food chain manages to be surprised they are getting toned down a bit is stunning, really.

Most other professions never had that godlike status and don't think that not being able to defeat every profession reliably 1v1 is that big a deal, it's the status-quo. Much less consider loosing a 2v1 fight means something is wrong.
    Last edited by crattey; Aug 25th, 2010 at 15:03:56.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    People who doesn't want changes in PvM either have enf, sol, doc or crat, so they don't want to loose their sweet spot in all raids. God forbid some MP, trader or NT will be wanted in PvM, just blame PvPers because they stole selected OPed profs megapowers.
    Got to say here that any profession in AO is feasible with enough effort. The fact that some professions arent instantly uber, is the appeal for some people. And of course learning the profession to squeeze out the most helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Surm-ffs View Post
    Got to say here that any profession in AO is feasible with enough effort. The fact that some professions arent instantly uber, is the appeal for some people. And of course learning the profession to squeeze out the most helps too.
    Crats have one of the steaper learning curves, actually. It's just that in PvM, they start out with good and end up awesome. And when properly played they go beyond awesome, to Awesome.

Casting Baton takes true skill, I concur.

Casting Baton takes true skill, I concur.
    /bow

Nice one xD
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by ocene View Post
    casting baton takes true skill, i concur.
    zing!!
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Surm-ffs View Post
    That's not the problem though. If noone invites you, you can be as uber as you want, you won't do anything except org or bot stuff.

Worst must be for MPs. It's a great profession with good damage, medium heals/calms and strong debuffs. Yet, noone invite them. Why? Because FC made sure that all the new encounters are immune to their toolset. They didn't it on purpose but it's how it ended.

Same for DD in general. Everyone is DD in AO now and there's no need for pure DD professions at all. They just make it faster but they aren't required. The main (only?) defense mobs have is HP.

AO PvE balance is worse than its PvP.
    blah

Very much so. That's why soldiers are so good at it.

Several times they were boosted to a point where you just leech your way up to 220, slap on some cheap armour, equip anything that goes pew and be a monster in PvP. Then, they drop some and find they have difficulties in come situations. The instant rage of everyone who finds himself no longer a god amongst men is quite satisfying.

(,,,)

that soooo reminds me about stun procs nerf and half the crats on this forums

Quote Originally Posted by Parisss View Post
    You mean will it be useful (50%) vs anyone or not, right?
    nah, i meant will it be op'ed beyond ridiculous or is it just a typo

im sure youre able to see what going down from 175% to 50% nr check will/would do, and this nano cancels buffs for ffs, if you claim this is ok, id like to see what you'd say if they made a 50% NR check Epsilon Purge
    Last edited by Insane666; Aug 26th, 2010 at 10:58:34.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast