Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 20th, 2010 - Enforcers + Fixers

Ah, the end of TL2 PvP as we know it is nigh, good times. I myself like this though, make it less about who's OSBs will time out first and more about the toon in the fight.

HOLY CRAP PVP TAUNTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    And even MORE serious issue:
    AO needs moar BACON!
    I second that! Moar bacon.

Oh, and cheez!

<obligatory whine about lack of engine talk/videos/screenshots followed by vaporware comment and DNF resemblance>
    Waiting for a cure.

These changes look way to much asian…
    …Sorry!
    Last edited by Agreement; Aug 20th, 2010 at 17:57:45.

Great changes! I love all the new enforcer stuff. Did I see correctly that enfs will be able to taunt players now? That is awesome!

Smuggler Shipment lines finally being useful!? Holy Crap! Summon those first aid kits baby!
    And FINALLY a nerf to fixer hots on low level characters, it's about time
    Last edited by Rak; Aug 20th, 2010 at 18:00:16.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

does that mean SL essences will make the Enf's runspeed 0 or it will nolonger modify it?
    Last edited by galorien; Aug 20th, 2010 at 18:07:01.
    Jadetheshade 220/30/70 Opi Shade
    Typhonis 220/24 Nm NT
    Galorien 220 Opi Fix
    Copyrighted 170 Opi Engi (someone petitioned Nintendo)

Quote Originally Posted by galorien View Post
    first page. does that mean SL essences will make the Enf's runspeed 0 or it will nolonger modify it?
    No longer modifies it, nor will it terminate on zone, etc

Enforcers Nanos:
    OMG!! My Enforcer I am leveling is gonna be so cool after these. Thanks.
    Run speed buff from Rage line gone. Hmm, At lower level I could see it. At TL7 how are we supposed to keep up with targets?

Fixer Nanos:
    WOW!
    Did I read that right that fixers will be able to block Orbital Strikes?
    A SL Grid nano is nice.
    Evade buffage is impressive.

Overall I like what you did with the nanos. I know the team nanos as well. The enforcer team absorb where they give up some of their health to give the team a huge absorb is really a cool idea. With a good hots and a good doc that nano could be a bit over powered. So I hope the lock out on spamming it is sufficent to prevent that. Oh and thanks for removing the run speed debuffs on the SL Essence line.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Fixer Nanos:
    WOW!
    Umm, I think fix got block ability same time as eng...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    That's oldish. Fixers and engies have LE shop buyable nanos that restrict people from tagging an area (Communication Disruption).

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    That's oldish. Fixers and engies have LE shop buyable nanos that restrict people from tagging an area (Communication Disruption).
    I just noticed that one is target not area... Also fixers are immune...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

OK, I'm more than a little bit upset about the released spreadsheet, so appologies if this comes out a bit harsh. It's really a shame, because there are a lot of things in this document that really excite me, or have that potential, but it's completely dwarfed by 1) the way the process worked and 2) some of the completely braindead things in the doc.

1. I will be charitable and assume that the 15 second duration on layers is a typo.

2. I will not be charitable and assume that the 15 second cooldown on layers is intentional... and something we had 0 warning of before hand. You guys promised us, over and over again, that we would get to see the revised documents "hopefully tomorrow" and then the first we see is when they are posted in FWM.... Enforcers have been asking over and over and over again for more active defenses, where we play a role in our survival, and instead you take away the only active defense we have?

3. In return for taking away layers, I guess you give us the ability to spam mongo, for an extra 510hp every 5 seconds... which compared with layers is really weak, especially because of the difference in nano cost, which is going to kill trox enfs.

4. Another typo in the spreadsheet is that the team emergency absorbs still cast team Superior Fortify instead of the new nanos. As a side note, I actually like this change, of all the alternatives you considered, this is the best I've seen in terms of the possible emergency solution. Of course, I doubt anyone will ever use the higher level one in its current form, everyone will use the lower one, 15k every 3 mins > 30k every 10 mins in 90% of circumstances.

5. The Challenger change boggles my mind. In the documentation you released to us the nano skills inoperative was removed, and in this version it's effectively almost as long as the current live version? And the tradeoff is that we can use psychomod? really? gee....

6. This is my own fault, since I didn't notice it in the previous version of the document, but the top HP buff being hostile is just stupid. Find another way to make this not abusable in pvp, but don't lock me from deleting a fricking 117 NCU nano program from my NCU.

7. I won't comment on the rage change, since you said you're considering alternatives, but I would suggest that you at least run stuff by the professionals, so that you actually end up with something that enforcers will find fun.

8. Minor thing - why on earth do you remove the taunt from being hit when Ice Burn is running? It was a cool effect, and something I'd love to see MORE of wrt enforcers.

9. SCALE - seriously, I begged... can we at least get a REASON that this request is being ignored?

We have been commenting on these documents for 3 weeks now, and have gotten 0 feedback from FC after day one as to what you are thinking for enforcers. I figured that due to the delay in the feedback, you might delay an extra week to give the professionals, at least the enforcer professionals, a chance to give feedback. Instead you released the docs in this public location, forcing us to comment in public, which I truly regret.

The absorb change goes against EVERYTHING the enforcers have asked for for years, even assuming the duration is a typo. I just don't get it...
    Last edited by Arrien; Aug 20th, 2010 at 18:36:45. Reason: updated challenger comment, it's not as bad as I first thought.

Could someone please dump this info into plain text?
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Placeholder for random whining. Brb in 10.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Really liking the new enfo changes, gj!

If I'm understanding the recharge vs cooldown, it means we'll be able to taunt twice in 5 secs (assuming high inits). 1 mongo, 2secs later a single taunt, wait 3 secs and repeat?

Very nice change to Challenger, we'll still be able to single taunt during the 20sec NSD, big thumbs up!

Weap choice (inc ME) + FA & brawl buffs look v nice, thank you

I'm a little unsure about the Ess line changes. So if we cast the big self ess (now called Mongo's), we won't be able to cast the team ess for 4hrs? Or we will, we just won't get the benefit, but our team will?

Nice scale mods on the "big" ess (Mongo's) btw :P

I see you've bought total HP down... OK

Can we call the "Mongo's"s something else btw? Because really they're a big self Essence. Spirit/Heart/Soul of Kraken/Medusa etc? Because otherwise it gets confusing between Mongo's line and the Mongo line.

Overall v good changes... I might even level a third enfo for the fun of it!

Edit: Didn't notice the 15s recharge on absorbs. I've got to echo Arrien, that's bad, bad, bad! Please reconsider!
    Last edited by Troxxor; Aug 20th, 2010 at 18:31:47.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    9. SCALE - seriously, I begged... can we at least get a REASON that this request is being ignored?
    Just to clarify, the scale modifier on mongo is gone, which is a relief, but it's only 17%, and in return we get +30% scale from the top essence. So overall for 220 enfs, things got worse size wise.... I would love to see a dev actually try to walk through a RK mission with all the stupid scale modifiers up...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    6. This is my own fault, since I didn't notice it in the previous version of the document, but the top HP buff being hostile is just stupid. Find another way to make this not abusable in pvp, but don't lock me from deleting a fricking 117 NCU nano program from my NCU.
    If it's hostile, then the 117 NCU doesn't apply to your friendly NCU space. Considering that, the only reason you would want to delete it would to be lower the amount of damage you'd take in pvp. Perhaps FC should actually rework pvp damage so that having more HP is not a liability
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

enf rage wont give RS? guess its time to stripp him
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Nanoryl 220/19 NT NEW NAME (Nanobots)

Unisolder 126/15 sold

ThaBeast 220/xx/xx inc pvp beast

so if Iceburn loses the taunt on hit, does the other nanos compensate this loss or should every DD shade just gear down or reroll petclass that shares the agro with 3 targets giving ability to go full-out without fear of pulling aggro?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast