Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 20th, 2010 - Enforcers + Fixers

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Really? What other active defense do we have? Cocoon? The enf endurance booster? Both nice, but with absorb stacking still broken, they're very limited and once every 5 minutes isn't really active.
    Stims.

Anyway, absorbs spamming can become quite a problem in the future if you take into consideration that a lot of people will be loosing their AS. Without a capping attack, a bureaucrat, for instance, has damage spread out over of pretty much all types. Melee, fire, radiation and cold for pets. Projectile for weapons. Energy for nukes and perks.
    None of which can cap through absorbs. You'd literally be able to effectively mitagate thousand of points of damage every few seconds.
    Last edited by crattey; Aug 20th, 2010 at 20:25:56.

LAWL Stims ... That's a good joke really.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    the heal from mongo is a defense so thats 2... but yea I see no reason to change the way layers work now
    The heal from mongo ticks for 24 seconds in the modified version. Yes, if you recast it immediately after the 5 second cooldown, you get essentially an extra 510hp every 10 seconds. That's not exactly going to make me weak in the knees for considering that an "active" defense.

Just to clarify, what enfs have always wanted was some tangible way that their actions effect their own survival. IE, we have good tools for getting aggro from everything around us, but we want some way to help the healers or survive on our own in the absense of healers. In the past, we could spam absorbs, but we wanted more. Active defenses has been one of the top 3 requests for the last 2 years from enforcers. Now, instead of moving forward, we're hugely jerked backwards. It's more than just a balance thing, it's a complete disregard for the desires of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If its supposed to be a joke, its the most ridiculous one I have ever heard.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Without a capping attack, a bureaucrat, for instance, has damage spread out over of pretty much all types. Melee, fire, radiation and cold for pets. Projectile for weapons. Energy for nukes and perks.
    The devs have already been moving in the direction of letting people focus their damage types with the changes to perks to make them use the same damage types of the weapons, and they have stated that they are planning to go that way even more, so if anything, layers will get less effective.

Also, you will have more ability to get your pets to focus damage on enforcers because we won't be able to rage often, so I think absorbs wouldn't be the problem you're envisioning...

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    If its supposed to be a joke, its the most ridiculous one I have ever heard.
    I'm with Obtena here.

Anyway, it was just a prelude for my incredibly astute observation about changes to game mechanics and how they require the DEATH! DEATH! of spammable absorbs.

Honestly, you had one melee class that was fast enough to actually be dangerous to kiters.. and you are nerfing that..

Just curious: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Honestly, you had one melee class that was fast enough to actually be dangerous to kiters.. and you are nerfing that..

Just curious: Why?
    YOu still See Enforcers running around BS now Dsharks on.

Because of this I am already looking at Viable PVP ranged weapon setups with my enforcer.

So basically enforcers are giant blobs of health that cant move fast where every can cap specials on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxis View Post
    YOu still See Enforcers running around BS now Dsharks on.

Because of this I am already looking at Viable PVP ranged weapon setups with my enforcer.

So basically enforcers are giant blobs of health that cant move fast where every can cap specials on them.
    Not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. But this is going to seriosly blow sweaty donkyballz if it hits live. resolving synch issues which hurt melee by.. nerfing melee run speed?

Not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. But this is going to seriosly blow sweaty donkyballz if it hits live. resolving synch issues which hurt melee by.. nerfing melee run speed?
    Everyone's runspeed is getting nerfed, not just melee, not just enforcers. Fixers will be the only class with a significant runspeed advantage over anyone, and that is as it should be.

I am of course assuming FC is going through with the plans for runspeed they laid out months/years ago.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Everyone's runspeed is getting nerfed, not just melee, not just enforcers. Fixers will be the only class with a significant runspeed advantage over anyone, and that is as it should be.
    How are others getting -800 rs over level 109?

If B&E skill would increase the QL of summoned items, that would be nice.
    QL 220 ones are better than QL 125 ofcourse, but seriously.. My HP/nano bar hardly moves from 220 stims. And SL stims.. I can get bags of these at much better QL from random SL dungeons or missions.
    Make B&E useful please.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    If B&E skill would increase the QL of summoned items, that would be nice.
    QL 220 ones are better than QL 125 ofcourse, but seriously.. My HP/nano bar hardly moves from 220 stims. And SL stims.. I can get bags of these at much better QL from random SL dungeons or missions.
    Make B&E useful please.
    Think they want to prevent fixers selling them from player shops, which would be the case if you'd get ql250-300 stims.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    the heal from mongo is a defense so thats 2... but yea I see no reason to change the way layers work now
    Nano cost +++ would have been an option to that effect too.

How are others getting -800 rs over level 109?
    Enfs already had way too much run speed. This'll just bring them in line. There's little justification for a single profession having so much going for them in the run speed stakes.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Think they want to prevent fixers selling them from player shops, which would be the case if you'd get ql250-300 stims.
    Just a note. These things go over QL 300. I have a stack of QL 301 nano rechargers ^^
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Nano cost +++ would have been an option to that effect too.

Enfs already had way too much run speed. This'll just bring them in line. There's little justification for a single profession having so much going for them in the run speed stakes.
    Err hokay.. Check http://www.aofroobs.com/skillchart.htm

You will see that enfs have, without rage the slowest RS ig together with doc, crat, mp and nt. None of the others which are melee!

Going to enjoy killing helpless enforcers with my soldier. Well actually I won't. Running away was their defence in many cases. With no extra rs they are a truly screwed class.

Can't wait to see awesome MP nano changes.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    As par for the course, the sarcasm is strong in that one.

^^ hai klod. lol Yeah me too *spit to the left*
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    ...The scare is strong in this one.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Masters of Run Speed, huh?

My L100 Fixer twink will *lose* 170 Run Speed since he won't be able to cast Grid Phase Accelerator on himself anymore. He will have to settle for Partial Grid Jump which seems poorly scaled at 450 Runspeed. Shouldn't that be at least 500 anyway? Maybe the level lock should only apply to team/other, not the Fixer themselves?

I like everything else though! Very nice work. =)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast