Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 20th, 2010 - Enforcers + Fixers

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid View Post
    My L100 Fixer twink will *lose* 170 Run Speed since he won't be able to cast Grid Phase Accelerator on himself anymore. He will have to settle for Partial Grid Jump which seems poorly scaled at 450 Runspeed. Shouldn't that be at least 500 anyway? Maybe the level lock should only apply to team/other, not the Fixer themselves?

I like everything else though! Very nice work. =)
    on that note what not make its like a MA buffs where there is another buff on the like that gives say 100 more runspeed if fixer

92 agent/enf will lose nearly 1100 rs. I'm sure alot of those ppl will just love this change.. I mean. It will be like playing level 45's now. Takes 2 mins to actually run from one side to the other of a towerfield.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WTB hat avatar
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

am I reading correctly that the 10% proc on the "ice burn" nano for 10k taunt is being removed?

My motivation to complete all of pen quest (before alappa) to get that nano went almost to zero, except that it now appears to be in another nanoline, and may likely stack with coruscating screen (team).

still though, why remove the taunt? enfos are built around the concept of keeping aggro to be the main tank, every little bit helps. if many consider it to be OP'd, reduce it to 5k or something, or 5%. getting the ice burn nano in the first place is not exactly easy, nor something acquired quickly, so its not like every enfo at end game even has it (dude, you dont have shoulder pads? bahaha, loser!). I dunno, was shocked when I saw that the taunt proc was removed. will take me a bit to accept it. I'll get over it, i guess...

so0oo... Ice burn will stack with coruscating screen, right?

*edit* btw, just saw the team absorption nanoline... holy fack, batman! O,o secondary support enfo spamming team layers ftw lol.
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Aug 20th, 2010 at 22:30:27.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTarder View Post
    *edit* btw, just saw the team absorption nanoline... holy fack, batman! O,o secondary support enfo spamming team layers ftw lol.
    It's not that good. The low level one can only be cast every 20 minutes, and the high level one every 10 minutes. If you have multiple enfs in team, they can sort of stack, but only once every 3 minutes.

It would actually be good if the timeout were less than 10/20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    It's not that good. The low level one can only be cast every 20 minutes, and the high level one every 10 minutes. If you have multiple enfs in team, they can sort of stack, but only once every 3 minutes.

It would actually be good if the timeout were less than 10/20 minutes.
    ahh, touche'. i didnt see the cooldown ftl
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    92 agent/enf will lose nearly 1100 rs. I'm sure alot of those ppl will just love this change.. I mean. It will be like playing level 45's now. Takes 2 mins to actually run from one side to the other of a towerfield.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Yeah, when I saw rage without RS, well at least I can have gsf, when I saw fixer nanos, I was like "Thanks god my paid account is only for 5 months".
    This is the best way how to delete all twinks made since NW expansion was released. This and other changes.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Aug 20th, 2010 at 22:48:43.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

The color schemes in those spreadsheets are terrible - Pink/Purple backgrounds? I am suspecting the idea is to discourage ppl from reading these things.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Fear line - why not remove it entirely? 160s cooldown and 5s duration - the increased psychic check really doesnt make up for that...

That line is so useful at lower and mid levels to control excessive adds. That design successfully gets rid of that functionality.

Just because nobody mentioned that yet.
    ಠ_ಠ

dislike both...

why reduce runspeed?
    imho AO is far too slow before maxlvl...
    pls add 1k RS for all and remove RS cap! (and fix server sync ^^)

-----
    please don't hurry with the rebalancing stuff... I have to lvl some profs to 220 before, so I can choose a not broken one afterwards...
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

maybe runspeed will be fixed itself, so 500 RS wille be faster then than now?

this would be cooool

Enf layers will seriously have 15 sec duration? The 15 sec cooldown I can understand (sort of) but the duration just seems like a serious annoyance for no particular reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Yeah, when I saw rage without RS, well at least I can have gsf, when I saw fixer nanos, I was like "Thanks god my paid account is only for 5 months".
    This is the best way how to delete all twinks made since NW expansion was released. This and other changes.
    Yeah. Many of us are close to quitting anyway due to inactivity, no new engine and tons of sploits going on all the time. Making new twinks because the old ones get ruined and butfooked by the "balancing act"?

Not a chance in hell. I hope they rethink much of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Niemandsland View Post
    dislike both...

why reduce runspeed?
    pls add 1k RS for all and remove RS cap! (and fix server sync ^^)
    they are fixing the sync problem. its called "reducing runspeed".

the original formulas and plans for skills, especially runspeed were never imagined to become as high as they are now. especially considering its trivial to get over 4k runspeed at end game levels.

much as its great to have faster and faster runspeeds, it only ruins the game more and more due to the sync problems it causes.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

According to the sheet, fixer hot other 4 hours!? Remove fixer long hot other -.- ......

Make it a team aura hot is more than enough, want a fixer hot? invite a fixer to team, something like Soldier reflect in SL.
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Aug 21st, 2010 at 00:05:58.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Are you serious with the RS level locks? I have never made childish idle threats about this game I love so much before, but I would seriously consider quitting with this rubbish happening. That, and the HoT level locks are pretty much garbage too.

I don't care if you implement these locks for PVP - that's all good and fair - but if I have the NCU to afford GSF or HnQ and have them cast on a lower level toon for PvM, that should be my own choice. Sure, I'm just one person whining about this, but I know I'm not the only one.

Please do not implement level locks for people grabbing a buff for PvM!

All that said, I love the more useful Smuggler lines and the team HoTs. Great ideas.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Just to clarify, the scale modifier on mongo is gone, which is a relief, but it's only 17%, and in return we get +30% scale from the top essence. So overall for 220 enfs, things got worse size wise.... I would love to see a dev actually try to walk through a RK mission with all the stupid scale modifiers up...
    One of the things that I dislike with rolling an enfo is size related issues. Character models are fugly enough as it is. I can't stand the idea of magnifying the fugliness™.

Here's an idea that might help everyone out, not just enfos/agents:

Create two new options in the F10 menu. They would be slider options.

Cap size increase at:

0---------------------------------------100

Cap size decrease at:

0---------------------------------------100

A setting of zero would mean no size increase/decrease allowed.

While they are at it, adjust bracers of shrinking/growing flesh to work in the social tab.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    they are fixing the sync problem. its called "reducing runspeed".
    I'm even bored watching my twinked 150s with maxed RS and GSF running so fu**ing slow, not to mention my lower chars (honestly, even my 220 doc/NT/crat are too slow imho... enf/shade/fix are okay).
    removing fall damage because of bad programming is way better than fixing server sync by reducing RS.
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

I'm even bored watching my twinked 150s with maxed RS and GSF running so fu**ing slow, not to mention my lower chars (honestly, even my 220 doc/NT/crat are too slow imho... enf/shade/fix are okay).
    removing fall damage because of bad programming is way better than fixing server sync by reducing RS.
    Bump. Fix the code instead of nerfing the game.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast