Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Fixer Nano Changes

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    yep, it will make NW pointless. no way to outrun orbs anymore.
    But but... orbitals don't insta-kill anymore?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    But but... orbitals don't insta-kill anymore?
    my exact reaction on that post...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

then ppl will just time 2 orbs and poof...
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    then ppl will just time 2 orbs and poof...

try to not stand in one big blob?

it would be cool if they applied this method so that every HOT or run buff can buff any buff lower than itself in this same way not just for the top buff.

i have to agree that a 20 sec tick on a hot is slightly ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Huminus View Post
    ... and as it looks, HoT is not an important part of low PvP anymore.
    are you kidding? w/o high lvl hots and gsf in the mix, guess what? lowbie pvp (especially towers) doesn't exist anymore because people can then kill you in 2 hits with a neleb rod or one kizzer... so... whoever hits first wins!

cuz that's some real... fun... pvp... right there...

to clarify, i'm not against that change but i am against the idea of not changing things like rod, or trader capabilities... (since nobody has come up with anything concrete yet)
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

are you kidding? w/o high lvl hots and gsf in the mix, guess what? lowbie pvp (especially towers) doesn't exist anymore because people can then kill you in 2 hits with a neleb rod or one kizzer... so... whoever hits first wins!
    This is one of those general vs specific arguments. Design must primarily happen at the general level. It is generally not good for lowbie PvP that massive heals and runspeed can be achieved by taking very high level buffs that skew all the skills and stat budgets.

So that general inequity first needs to be addressed. If that highlights other balance issues with very specific elements that also need to be addressed... then those other elements should be addressed. So, as you say, if it turns out that the result is that certain weapons or other elements are then suddenly too powerful in the rebalanced environment, then they will also need to be changed.

It is precisely this that has caused many of the problems in PvP at various levels to come about. There has long been too much focus on specific design - and not enough design and balance addressing the general, underlying issues. One of the major elements of this new rebalancing effort, is that the FC team are finally addressing the general issues.

That will mean that there will be a lot of specific rebalancing that follows on from that - because many of the specific implementations over the years will then be completely out of balance in the new environment. FC are certainly aware of this... but I think you'll see most of those specific elements being addressed more in the 'Beta' phase once all of the major changes are in place.

X

Quote Originally Posted by rayje View Post
    lowbie pvp (especially towers) doesn't exist anymore because people can then kill you in 2 hits with a neleb rod or one kizzer... so... whoever hits first wins!
    where shall it be an argument against any hot change ?
    today, the stuffed trader (not "whoever") that hits first 90% wins. just because it's a trader, the only viable profession at TL1-3 (out of enfo may be), wich got drains (needing PVP balance too!) and lotta NCU (wich, like for agent, should remain intact) : traders rule no matter if H&Q is allowed to lowbie or not.

nerfing hots will get rid of artificial lowbie boosting. that's just a start. balancing drains will achieve to make all profession stand a chance of win. but in now way such change would kill lowbie NW. i even think that could open to more variety of viable setups/professions where nowadays only noobstick traders worth twinking.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    where shall it be an argument against any hot change ?
    today, the stuffed trader (not "whoever") that hits first 90% wins. just because it's a trader, the only viable profession at TL1-3 (out of enfo may be), wich got drains (needing PVP balance too!) and lotta NCU (wich, like for agent, should remain intact) : traders rule no matter if H&Q is allowed to lowbie or not.

nerfing hots will get rid of artificial lowbie boosting. that's just a start. balancing drains will achieve to make all profession stand a chance of win. but in now way such change would kill lowbie NW. i even think that could open to more variety of viable setups/professions where nowadays only noobstick traders worth twinking.
    This.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Is SWS not getting nerfed? AS is the only real way I can dmg fixers (and from what ive seen its the only way most other profs can dmg fixers also). And with that getting nerfed I just dont see how any one is supposed to be able to kill fixers any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Is SWS not getting nerfed? AS is the only real way I can dmg fixers (and from what ive seen its the only way most other profs can dmg fixers also). And with that getting nerfed I just dont see how any one is supposed to be able to kill fixers any more.
    I've killed fixers as a fixer in the current state with no AS, i've killed advs with no as, even got to alpha 30k HP docs with no as. So learn to play your profession ok? good. bye

Quote Originally Posted by Techtoxic View Post
    I've killed fixers as a fixer in the current state with no AS, i've killed advs with no as, even got to alpha 30k HP docs with no as. So learn to play your profession ok? good. bye
    What, gimp fixers? If a fixer gets killed by a MA not using AS, I feel sorry for that gimp fixer I do.

I think that he "merely" meant that he can kill pretty much everyone on his Fixer without using Aimed Shot. Including 30K HPs Docs (which is more like a dream rather than anything realistic tbh).

You musta missed the two other 220 Soldiers who were shooting at your "targets" at the same time or something. Did you eventually decide to buy glasses or something ?

Whatever, Fisiost is the best joker in disguize out there anyway, it's getting clearer and clearer now. You really aren't quite bad at it man !
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    I think that he "merely" meant that he can kill pretty much everyone on his Fixer without using Aimed Shot. Including 30K HPs Docs (which is more like a dream rather than anything realistic tbh).

You musta missed the two other 220 Soldiers who were shooting at your "targets" at the same time or something. Did you eventually decide to buy glasses or something ?

Whatever, Fisiost is the best joker in disguize out there anyway, it's getting clearer and clearer now. You really aren't quite bad at it man !
    Yes I can kill anyone without Aim Shot. I'm not saying its an easy task but its doable. Some duels never ended but I didn't lost either. I've had 30mins + duels with advs and MAs, I gave up on adv but in the end I won against MA.

Killing docs with 30k hp with no AS is not a dream, really, its reality. It all comes down to using your brain. How? Distract him, make him not abuse his healing. Just play with him, move around even go full agg for a few secs so he can try to be aggressive, pretend you run away from him, when his guard is down and he has his hp scratched from playing turn around and alpha. Easy as cake. I use this all the time.

To be honest I can't wait for funcom to nerf/remove AS from most of the professions.

At least I'm trying to do my best without AS to simulate how is going to be. I don't see anyone else trying. Next time I see you in BS, try not to swap bow and see how it is. I'm sure you will enjoy the test.

It's kind of easy, for a ranged person to tell a melee one "you don't even try, next time, let me run without shooting me, even though you'll be outta range" imo.

Oh well, I think that there's something, I forgot what, that belongs to Fixer and says (as a description), more or less "I'll come back when you'll be at your weakest". But tbh, the Doctor must really have lost his focus. :S
    Now imagine if everyone was thinking that way. The MA could sit down and put a full defensive setup and tank your Fixer for hours, days, months, years, centuries.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Oh you want us to practise not using AS in anticipation for a balance we know hardly anything about? What if we get other things to compensate for the lack of AS?

You can't simulate anything if you know the entire picture, why bother, live in the now and pvp in the now.

Also, fixers have a more flexible toolset to deal with evaders with LICC, their evade debuff proc, PO and several double AAO checking perks.

I have read true the changes and as a fixer (and as random prof) i'm quite happy about the changes.

NCU:
    No longer do i need to have an entire hotbar filled with just ncu buffs.
    "i'm lvl 214, plz cast lower ncu"
    "i'm lvl [something even lower] i still didn't get ncu buff"
    Where i have to check the levels, and then cast all the corresponding ncu buffs.

Hots:
    I can use my tophot on every target, and the highest possible HoT will be casted.
    I will have to keep a lower hot around in case i'm doing pvp and i died, and want to heal up faster.

They are getting more level locked.
    No more HnQ on a lvl1 character! finally
    I call it almost cheating. getting such a powerful buff on a low character.

Speed:
    Rk: for casting it no real changes.
    You cast your highest buff and the target gets speed.
    The receiver gets a matching buff.

SL: here i love it.
    In the current situation, if someone was too low lvl for my buff. he wouldn't get speed. end of story.
    Unless i sacrifice my evades and cast a way lower version of the buff.
    So, i have evades, or he moves faster.

Now we have both
    he gets a lower version of it, no need for me to sacrifice anything.

For the other changes that are made.
    I did not see any things in there that tell me: Oeh, that will make a big change to the fixer profession.
    Except for the fact that we get anti-airstrike towers just like engi's do.

And our speedbuffs will get swimming.

Maybe we could get some better roots/snares though: Our strongest rk snares and roots are castable from lvl 90? (if you try hard i bet it's possible, but you get the picture.)
    SL snares are fine the way they are.

Playing a fixer for 4 years now. and i can say in pride. that i find fixers fine the way they are. We do not need any new skills or things to give us more power.
    Just think that the rest of the profs need to be toned down i little.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Waves inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Waves inc.
    Are those from the fixers with swimming buffs?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I was hoping SWS would be rescaled for all levels.

It's mostly convenient fixes that makes the buffing of others easier.
    Nothing that would really increase the desirableness for fixers in teams.

The only thing that stands out are the changes to Program override, besides that there is nothing to get exited about.

Some errors i found:

Detailed Medical Claim didn't get nano cost reduced.
    Advanced Medical Claim has the same reqs as Omni-Med Incursion.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast