Thread: AO Universe Developer Interview #4: MstrBstrd

Funcom employee AO Universe Developer Interview #4: MstrBstrd

In the fourth of their on-going series of interviews with the Anarchy Online development team, the AOU guys recently sat down with MstrBstrd for an in-depth look at exactly how the art team for AO manages to make all those shinies.

You can read the article at the following link: http://www.ao-universe.com/viewtopic.php?t=4265
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

This is cool
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

MstrBstrd: Well, currently I'm working with Flaptoot on "remaking" all the assets used in Borealis. Making them all nextgen tech and stuff.
    Awww, my dirty concrete block on a mountain !

But change is good, keep it up.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

In the article he mentions that he is redoing all the assets in Borealis. One wonders what assets the team feels needs to be reworked prior to engine release, as reworking all the game assets would be a multi-year project. I'm guessing he'll redo the arrival 'hub' cities prior to engine release and then they will have a long-running project to gradually upgrade the rest afterwards.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

They said at the Q&A that the stuff being worked on now is hub-area stuff. But as it's resources being updated anything that's present in the hub areas, like shacks and industrial buildings and such, will also be updated in the locations they're used elsewhere in the world.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics