Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - August 27th, 2010: (re)Balancing Act

hai kintaii !
    gg to chris & testdudes, hope this tool will help, e.g. around sheol's blackholes
    also wtb lindelu's work soon on test too, can't wait to visit s7 !

out of that, bout new enfo XLS :
    - ibehe (kraken) solo version req is now higher then team, when i think you tuned all 215+ enfo nanoreq down to favorize AR/Def setups (wich seems quite enjoyable w other adjustments made)
    - new nanocosts need to be tested in real situations but i'm not against requiring nanoheal profession & skilled enforcer attention on this aspect both for PVM/PVP
    - making absorbs team only, why not ; idk if raising the nanocost that up was necessary while the 15 sec cooldown already prevent artificial spamming. i might have missed the reason though.
    - i guess it's for balance you removed snares on all fears except on highest version ... idk if it's good or bad, but i kinda liked the idea of enfo having unspammable "PVP AOE magnet" option in all titles
    - scale changes are cosmectic but nicer w little on essences & better w less on challenger
    - seems elements will cast a Dot on target. let's try this to see if the DD added is reasonnable ...
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Remove fears please kthnx
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    in that case: why is there no new video of the new engine yet?

(know u won't answer, but i couldn't resist =))
    Because they have no one in house to produce game vids at the moment and Means doesn't want to do it himself.

Maybe he shouldn't have flapped his gums about getting us a vid then!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Since you guys are exporting the playfields again, could you take the time so they actually line up from zone to zone. This used to be a big issue pre-SL when the dyna's and mission locations where being done. Each export would shift the alignment or had the potential to shift the alignment. I have noticed it on more playfields of late. And please somene from FC goto Mort NW corner and zone into 3Craters East. You enter at the bottom of 3CE. Actually I am pretty sure anywhere along that zone border has this problem.

When you export Infernio next time take a look at mob spawn points at the jump off. Seems the lizards and somphos have been spawning inside the cliff again.

On the PVP PF: Name sucks. Run buff for lower levels or no one is going to have any fun sub 200. And yes this one I would love to see an answer on.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Great to hear that after 5 years the New Engine is up next week and that Means is going to find a new game at Games Award!!!

So kintaii can be the new AO president, he has time enough to write a big book of only 1 week working minus 4 days of writing the text above.

Keep up the good work

No, personol attack. Only making joke of the proces
    Last edited by Topper; Aug 27th, 2010 at 18:02:06.

Ah! another monkey for my spatula collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Because they have no one in house to produce game vids at the moment and Means doesn't want to do it himself.

Maybe he shouldn't have flapped his gums about getting us a vid then!
    asked him because he claimed he wouldn't lie.

now think about it =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

I didn't disagree with you.
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Enforcers are getting fist buffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Enforcers are getting fist buffs?
    Nah, that's a typo, they're getting fist bumps...from their homies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    That said, our goal isn't to destroy the soloing aspect of the game either, not in the slightest; as bitnykk put it over in the Balance Discussion forum, our goal isn't to provide "less solo action" but "more team action".
    That sounds great. I'm all for more multiplayer action in a multiplayer game. However, what about the other initiatives that you had planned to build up the ever dwindling player base? More gameplay that requires teams isnt going to work well with a shrinking community.

In other words:

What about the new engine and the new starter area which will hopefully lead to the promised ad campaign to make all of this possible?
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I also wanna take a few minutes to thank Chrisax and crew of the Testlive Squad, who've recently been putting in work on creating a 'floating object/visual error/worldbuilding bug' tool for the team, which has been a *massive* boon for us. His site tracks bug reports created around floating objects and other worldbuilding errors/issues in-game and gives us an easy way to look at visual issues in-game and fix them when we have the opportunity to do so (if we've gotta re-export Milky Way anyway, might as well take care of the floating trees in there while we're at it, after all). So major thanks to Chrisax, Darkbane, Dagget, Phoenix and all the guys who've put effort into the tool - You guys rock. =D
    Thank you Kintaii, I'm just glad to help as a 9-years oldtimer who wants to stay on "his" planet. And, to be honest, all AO players can probably help too at some time with something. Don't think only "others" can. Speak up, let's talk… sooner or later there will be likely something you can help with! Remember the tee-shirt "Still Alive".

Kintaii, akso, on a side note to you Devs, as the tool is stable and working well, it can likely be used as the core for another tool for cataloging something else if you want to, and save you some time. Only you can say… As I told Lindelu, I can't promise anything but I'll be glad to help again if you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Any chance something like this could be used to locate the mission entrances that have been bugged ever since AI release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Talk to Chrisax. The dB was originally created for floating objects but can handle other locational glitches.
    Actually, the system can do that already and several kinds of things are logged, as Kintaii said. And making some more specific categories wouldn't be an issue.

If you find an issue with a mission entrance please do as follows:

- at the mission point (or as close as you can), do SHIFT F9 to display all the information required for Tide, the world-building software of AO.
    It will look like this:
    Code:
    Extended location information:
    - 2702.1, 401.8, 33.4 (2702.1 401.8 y 33.4 610)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:610 GS=0 SG=0 R=610, resource: 610
    - zone: 1027, area: "Bendelham forest"
    Server id: 3908, character id: 50000:227330803, time: 2010-08-11 23:50:26 (UTC)
    Version: 18.3.11.4_EP1, map id: 18.3.11.4_03.08.2010_14.46.42, build: 48982.
    - Copy all the text as above (it's important you copy everything because data will be parsed semi-automatically in the case it can be batch-processed) and specify the name of the zone (Milky Way, Avalon,…) because it's easier to see it immediately when the person in charge gets the info.

- Report it through usual channels and especially if you have access to test forums use the threads opened there for this purpose http://forums.anarchy-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=522

And remember you can meet Bughunters on testlive everyday and help them.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    hgg to chris & testdudes, hope this tool will help, e.g. around sheol's blackholes
    It's the goal

If you have something specific to report about SL geometry, please do as described a few lines above (SHIFT F9 etc) .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    Sweet gogo Anarchy Online players, you guys are awesome and keep the game going if any of you have rk2 alts /tell gaveup for some lub :P
    Always been on Rimor. And I won't tell you my playtime. It's scary.

And last but not least... I would really like to say how nice it has been to work on this with Devs and Bughunters. Special thanks to Lindelu and Flaptoot who have to endure my (too) long messages.
    Last edited by Chrisax; Aug 27th, 2010 at 20:40:39.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

In before Asians.....

forgive me if this sounds rude I don't mean it that way...

Sorry, I appreciate your interest but I can't answer. The system was designed for Devs and Bughunters and password protected as Dagget mentioned. Up to them to tell me to open someday a simple visitors' view but that would assume no information inside can be exploited and all can be disclosed.
    doesn't this mean that we should NOT be sending you this info and that you should not have access to your own site?

I know that the shift+f9 info is pretty harmless but to say that you as a player should have access to info that may be exploitable and not give it to others seems well, hmm, not right?

I am not mad, I don't want access, just saying maybe the wording is off...
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Not sure why would anyone report things through 3-rd party on forum anyway.. there are official channels for that *shrug*
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

in the spirit of showing that this is a good idea and I am not actually angry about it:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=522

official forum to post all of these floaters, bad mission entrances and other geometry issues...
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Quote Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
    forgive me if this sounds rude I don't mean it that way...
    I am not mad, I don't want access, just saying maybe the wording is off...
    Nubbs, I apologize if anything in my line was "off" wording. I typed my post quite fast and I tried to politely explain why I couldn't give access to the site and it seems I failed at it. I removed the line as it could be misinterpreted or more likely interpreted in too many ways.

Please just consider it poor wording and don't draw any inference from what I wrote.

@ Suicidal: You're right, report geometry bugs through usual channels; anyhow they will end at the same place. (Better have access to test forums in this case to use specific useful threads Darkbane started. Thanks to him.)
    Last edited by Chrisax; Aug 27th, 2010 at 20:42:10.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
    As Genele has been keeping herself busy with the rebalancing work I myself will be giving her a hand with creating a few of the bosses in the new playfield, and I've got a few interesting ideas up my sleeves already.
    If you fail to [Do something] with the [Green something] you're screwed, if you're a nano user and fail to [Do something] with the [Blue something] you're screwed?

Awesome stuff about re-addressing the enforcer, I've been hearing *things* in org chat about the previous version.

-Cheers,

-rob M. [cube][rk1]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast