Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - August 27th, 2010: (re)Balancing Act

FC please hire the guy above me already and let him produce all future AO videos.

Can't wait for Crat Nano changes... I'm VERY excited..
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Fixers got a nerf to our buffs and summon ****e stim nanos and didnt whine (hard to get a good forum whine going when there are like 4 fixers left that give a fux). Enfs, who can kill fixers already, got a nerf and whined profusely. FC reacts by changing the plans. Glad to see "balancing" is alive and well in AO. On the "balance" topic, when are NTs losing "kill fixer with one button" nano?

If you want to post on forums without having an active account, simply do not leave payment information on your account page. Don't cancel the account, just don't pay it. Pretty sure that FC does not care since you can post froob style anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Parisss View Post
    On the "balance" topic, when are NTs losing "kill gimp fixer with one button" nano?
    Fixed, and to answer your question, the answer is already known : when the Balance patch is implemented.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Fixers got a nerf to our buffs and summon ****e stim nanos and didnt whine (hard to get a good forum whine going when there are like 4 fixers left that give a fux). Enfs, who can kill fixers already, got a nerf and whined profusely. FC reacts by changing the plans. Glad to see "balancing" is alive and well in AO. On the "balance" topic, when are NTs losing "kill fixer with one button" nano?
    Maybe its closer to fixers like the one replying to you now that were happy with the great deal of convenience of my new buffs, the actual ability to land a nano that removes DOF, and the only major nerfs were to pvp CC tools that a fixer hardly needs as a prof that will be impossible to catch or run from in the future...

Most professions are better than their playerbase claims they are. I already know where my enforcer is OP and I can assure everyone that fixers are far from the nerfed pvpers the majority of you like to whine about.

On the "balance" topic, when are NTs losing "kill sploity low hp toons with one button" nano?
    Re-fixed.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

give me engine info plz. :/
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

wall of incunclusive, un reliable text forces your ncu to run narkolepsia

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Maybe its closer to fixers like the one replying to you now.
    You are an enf first, thanks though.

Convenience of buffs? You do understand that now we have to use runspeed nanos and hots that are level locked, right? Now the "ncu gsf hot" tells mean using a shizton of diff level nanos. Convenience not found.

Lets talk more about the tools we are getting to kill...lets say, enfs...see any? I am talking apples to apples here, end game, no items left to farm toons. Oh wait, we get to summon stims! I cant wait to IP reset to max bne! Ofc we can and will kite you to death, so I guess we should be happy that when the rebalancing*tm is finished we will run fast again.

To the NT that says "gimp fixers": lol. Endgame Fixer toolset vs any random gimp ass 4 days played nt: root, run, alpha, run or meep. Its amazing how many of them i kill on a daily basis. They learn the nt toolset soon enough though. (cb, double double for all of you noobs...add nbs when its up for extra lol)

Anyway, gj FC, looking forward to more "balance". Why dont you just admit it, balance is impossible. Profs come and go as flavor of the month (besides advies ofc, been OP since SL) and you balance **** based on the squeaky wheels on these forums.

Anyway, gj FC, looking forward to more "balance". Why dont you just admit it, balance is impossible. Profs come and go as flavor of the month (besides advies ofc, been OP since SL) and you balance **** based on the squeaky wheels on these forums.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    So last week saw us toss out the Fixer and Enforcer nano change documents. On the up side, most everyone seemed to like the Fixer changes. =D

This isn't something where we're just tossing stuff out and saying "Here you go, enjoy it or not, we don't care" - Quite the opposite. We do take feedback seriously, and even though I won't claim that we'll always agree on all of the feedback we receive our goal is to make AO a more entertaining, engaging experience at the end of the day. To do that we are making sure we are dedicated to tweaking, adjusting and altering our work until it's *right*, and if this means further adjustments after it's been unleashed into the wild then so be it. Together, with the feedback from you guys and with the work from us, we *will* make this work.

PvM is actually a larger part of our design effort than most people seem to know. In this process of balancing and normalizing profession toolsets/stats/abilities one of our primary goals is to make the PvM aspect of our game more engaging for players of all levels while making the individual professions of AO feel as though they can actively contribute to a team-based environment, something that a lot of our current classes lack in many ways. That said, our goal isn't to destroy the soloing aspect of the game either, not in the slightest; as bitnykk put it over in the Balance Discussion forum, our goal isn't to provide "less solo action" but "more team action". We don't want to destroy that aspect of our game, simply enhance it, and with the changes that Genele and crew have been working on I think we're working very solidly towards that goal.
    I have underlined a couple of points.
    I have yet to hear the explanation for lvl locks though?
    In the above it sounds like you are strengthening team-work, is that the excuse?
    ..the excuse to go away from what makes AO unique in the MMO market, go away from what we like in AO?
    The skill system.

If you can twink a skill to use some equipment or a nano, voula you have it
    ..but you have made a sacrifice.. (eg. lower HP and evades, but higher nano skills)
    you have a choice!

Lvl locking gives no choice at all, everyone will have to use the same cookie-cutter.
    oh you are between lvl 50 and 60, you use nano X..
    No room for improvement, showing that you have some extra..
    .. and still no need to be a nanomage, as the extra nano-skill points will do you no good.

I wrote it last time also:
    Ask people if they like lvl locks.
    ask the doctors, engineers and MPs.

Sure, there is a good reason for the MP composites, because everyone knows they are too powerful.
    Well the regular masteries, mochams are not; they have a balance between usefulness and NCU costs..

The fixer NCU buffs are OK too, as NCU is a very powerful tool.

But the rest, there you punish people for having high nanoskills, punish specialicing, and promote cookie-cutter.

as noted last week also:
    you devalue the high lvl toons, by disabling them from helping lower toons.
    you deliberately make social classes; them and us.

a high lvl fixer can no longer help low lvl toons with armor or weapons.
    and with the nano you propose, they can not help with heal-kits either..
    ..they can not even help them selves with the nano, as you can not choose what QL to summon, so what you get might be useless.

Some hinted that re-selling might be the issue, but the game already have Crat-coffee, and fixers can blitz missions for health kits already.. and that is totally free.

Sure I like the addition to the fixer summoning lines, but it is a shame that you remove the old, disable fixers from choosing QL and lvl lock a lot of nanos..

NCU requirement is the balancing meter for nanos
    if you think GSF is too powerful for low lvls, increase the NCU cost.
    That way you keep the brilliant AO skill system and avoid lvl locks.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

An extra thing:

Klod (involuntary) makes a good point:
    Please implement a feature on the forum so you easily under there avatar can see if people are paying or not..

a comment like "hurry with profession x" bears absolutely no weight coming from someone not playing, but indeed is valid for someone paying and hence waiting.

Also to get the good points from those playing and knowing the current game, rather than people that has left the game but keeps trolling the forums.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Please implement a feature on the forum so you easily under there avatar can see if people are paying or not..

a comment like "hurry with profession x" bears absolutely no weight coming from someone not playing, but indeed is valid for someone paying and hence waiting.

Also to get the good points from those playing and knowing the current game, rather than people that has left the game but keeps trolling the forums.
    Until AO basicly stopped working I paid for 3 accounts, but posting on forum from account that is not paid.
    Paid or not paid is kind of like that silly join date argument.
    And you have no reason to know anything about my account status or how much/if I currently pay for the game unless I tell you myself.

Also.. people that have stopped paying for game because of some change they don't like.. I say their feedback bears a lot of weight.
    Last edited by Suicidal; Aug 29th, 2010 at 17:12:50.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Some can, some can not. Personally I use my froob account in the forums anyway regardless of the status of my paid accounts.
    This. None of my (3) paid accounts can post/view the forums when they are frozen. I had to create a new fr00b account to be able to post - my old fr00b accounts (pre-2 years I think) also are not able to post.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    None of my (3) paid accounts can post/view the forums when they are frozen.
    Frozen because you deliberately clicked "cancel" or frozen because you removed payment info and so they just failed payment?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    I have underlined a couple of points.
    I have yet to hear the explanation for lvl locks though?
    In the above it sounds like you are strengthening team-work, is that the excuse?
    ..the excuse to go away from what makes AO unique in the MMO market, go away from what we like in AO?
    The skill system.

If you can twink a skill to use some equipment or a nano, voula you have it
    ..but you have made a sacrifice.. (eg. lower HP and evades, but higher nano skills)
    you have a choice!

Lvl locking gives no choice at all, everyone will have to use the same cookie-cutter.
    oh you are between lvl 50 and 60, you use nano X..
    No room for improvement, showing that you have some extra..
    .. and still no need to be a nanomage, as the extra nano-skill points will do you no good.

I wrote it last time also:
    Ask people if they like lvl locks.
    ask the doctors, engineers and MPs.

Sure, there is a good reason for the MP composites, because everyone knows they are too powerful.
    Well the regular masteries, mochams are not; they have a balance between usefulness and NCU costs..

The fixer NCU buffs are OK too, as NCU is a very powerful tool.

But the rest, there you punish people for having high nanoskills, punish specialicing, and promote cookie-cutter.

as noted last week also:
    you devalue the high lvl toons, by disabling them from helping lower toons.
    you deliberately make social classes; them and us.

a high lvl fixer can no longer help low lvl toons with armor or weapons.
    and with the nano you propose, they can not help with heal-kits either..
    ..they can not even help them selves with the nano, as you can not choose what QL to summon, so what you get might be useless.

Some hinted that re-selling might be the issue, but the game already have Crat-coffee, and fixers can blitz missions for health kits already.. and that is totally free.

Sure I like the addition to the fixer summoning lines, but it is a shame that you remove the old, disable fixers from choosing QL and lvl lock a lot of nanos..

NCU requirement is the balancing meter for nanos
    if you think GSF is too powerful for low lvls, increase the NCU cost.
    That way you keep the brilliant AO skill system and avoid lvl locks.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!! Couldnt agree more!

No to your other idea though, there must be a better way to distinguish Whiners from seriously talking/arguing people. And paying or not, froobs are part of our community! Proffessionals like the one of the MAs are a good start! There is just TOO many people here crying about everything and every little difference between profs and their abilities to do this and that...

Why dont you people enjoy the diversity, PVP is far from unplayable with any toon. some are better, yes, and some LITTLE things should be looked into, but all in all its fine and doesnt need a lot.
    Its just all those people that do refuse to put an effort into their char themselves, that refuse to try and practice that are ruining the game, its complexity and UNIQUE style of individual charcreation (Twinking, Having not a lot lvl reqs, Laddering Imps, Using tons of stuff for just a few points). Up to now it was exactly that, what made AO so special, and you are ruining it!
    All of you people crying for changes in the game, that will ruin the fun for the ones willing to be creative, Shame on yourselves! You should work on your chars and spent more time playing then crying. DO the work yourselves, DO NOT ask funcom to do it for you!
    Last edited by Nevo-RK3; Aug 30th, 2010 at 01:15:38.
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    ...Why dont you people enjoy the diversity, PVP is far from unplayable with any toon. some are better, yes, and some LITTLE things should be looked into, but all in all its fine and doesnt need a lot...
    this.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Convenience of buffs? You do understand that now we have to use runspeed nanos and hots that are level locked, right? Now the "ncu gsf hot" tells mean using a shizton of diff level nanos. Convenience not found.
    Look again.

Your top buff will give the approriate buff to whatever lvl toon asks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    Why dont you people enjoy the diversity, PVP is far from unplayable with any toon.
    Awesome! I'm gonna roll a heavy weapons nanobreed shade!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuxZQ...eature=related
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

After so many years on the surface of this planet I still manage to be amazed at the human capability to deny or ignore overwhelming amounts of uncontroversial facts because it suits their private, and often petty, agendas. Just saying.

PS- Yes, it is amanzing, how "amazable" I am. :P
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast