Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlestation balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    imo, FC should make BS like Wintergrasp in WoW. If one side outnumbers the other, the side with lower numbers gets a buff that gives increased hp and damage, to make it more even.
    Serious bump for this, in old skewl pvp it woulda enabled titlefarmin tho but now i think this is pretty much best suggestion for ages...

I like the fact that a melee can interrupt my capping, it gives me a chance to fight back intead of being stuck there while he grinds away at my HP.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

^^ Yeah really ... how dumb is it that people COMPLAIN about not interrupting someone? That's 15 seconds they can't attack you. Dimwits.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 7th, 2010 at 20:23:26.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ Yeah really ... how dumb is it that people COMPLAIN about not interrupting someone? That's 15 seconds they can't attack you. Dimwits.
    Because they've experienced a GA-fixer/adv/doc/enf/keeper/eng/etc 4 capping in front of their eyes while they can't do **** to stop it.
    RK2
    Boem 220/30 Opi Agent
    Geseeff 165/20 Soli NT
    Animalsk 170/21 Soli ranged adv
    Geseeff2 150/20 Soli Agent

Surovi1: enf dead in like 10 secunds
    Toxicrush: show me
    Surovi1: i no time for that

Yeah but that's not a problem with BS, that's a problem with OPed defenses. I would rather those OPed defenses get wasted on a capping timer than focused on me.

Yeah but that's not a problem with BS, that's a problem with OPed defenses. I would rather those OPed defenses get wasted on a capping timer than focused on me.
    So you're saying it's time to nerf coon?

Hey you said it.. I didn't.

LOL yeah because THAT'S the problem right there ... cocoon is just THAT amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geseeff View Post
    Because they've experienced a GA-fixer/adv/doc/enf/keeper/eng/etc 4 capping in front of their eyes while they can't do **** to stop it.
    and how hard is it to kill the person while hes capping and then just recap the point when hes dead??..
    ur logic fails.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    and how hard is it to kill the person while hes capping and then just recap the point when hes dead??..
    ur logic fails.
    A certain NR8 keeper comes to mind that was damn near impossible to kill while he was capping.

Also, I see no reason not to balance it out. In fact, I find it FAR more useful to be able to defend a point by simply stopping them from capping it than to waste an alpha into coon trying to kill them before they cap it. It's about winning, not about killing.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

LOL yeah because THAT'S the problem right there ... cocoon is just THAT amazing.
    No, but it's a huge chunk of the problem that you highlighted and I'm quoting you "not a problem with BS, that's a problem with OPed defenses".

Unless you meant that when enfos rush to a cap point, with maxed absorbs+BR, cap, and rage to the next point without being bothered is OK. While on the other hand Limber and DOF are OP?

So which def is OP here?

Cocoon is certainly not an OPed defense on it's own so LAWL. Is this a thread about OPed defenses? If so, what does that have to do with BS balance ... It's not unbalanced because people can cap, that's for sure. Each side has access to all professions.

And yeah, I do think it's OK that the scenario you present exists. It's been part of PVP and BS since LE came out. It also applies to properly setup keepers and advys and maybe some others too.

I think your just pissed that you are ranged and can't interrupt capping. I think your thread isn't about defenses, it's about that.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 9th, 2010 at 15:13:10.

Cocoon is certainly not an OPed defense on it's own so LAWL. Is this a thread about OPed defenses? If so, what does that have to do with BS balance ... It's not unbalanced because people can cap, that's for sure. Each side has access to all professions.

And yeah, I do think it's OK that the scenario you present exists. It's been part of PVP and BS since LE came out. It also applies to properly setup keepers and advys and maybe some others too.

I think your just pissed that you are ranged and can't interrupt capping. I think your thread isn't about defenses, it's about that.
    You brought the OP defenses discussion up, I'm just asking for clarification from you as to what defenses you are referring to, which you obviously can't provide since you realized you shot yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    You brought the OP defenses discussion up, I'm just asking for clarification from you as to what defenses you are referring to, which you obviously can't provide since you realized you shot yourself in the foot.
    That's funny, because the thread is about some indication how BS isn't balanced because of melee player defenses ... and it was made by you in the first post ... so no, I didn't bring it up, it's the whole premise of your argument from the first post. I'm not going to give you my opinion on what defenses are OPed .. it's irrelevant. I'm just pointing out that BS isn't unbalanced because of defenses melee professions have, especially since both sides have access to these professions and defenses, whatever they are.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 9th, 2010 at 18:04:30.

That's funny, because the thread is about some indication how BS isn't balanced because of melee player defenses ... and it was made by you in the first post ... so no, I didn't bring it up, it's the whole premise of your argument from the first post. I'm not going to give you my opinion on what defenses are OPed .. it's irrelevant.
    This thread has nothing to do with melee defenses. It has to do with Ability to cap while defenses are up.

I'm just pointing out that BS isn't unbalanced because of defenses melee professions have, especially since both sides have access to these professions and defenses, whatever they are.
    We have a little reading comprehension issue here it seems.

My point in the original post is not about whether melee defenses are OP or not. It's about the straight fact that melee can cap with their defenses up, soldiers can't.

Here it is again:

Any plans to balance out BS a bit?

Like.. melee able to interrupt ranged capping.. but not the other way round?

Like Cocoon + Bior up can cap but not AMS?

Yes/No?
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 9th, 2010 at 18:34:23.

i think i understand this thread.. soldiers should not have any disadvantages in ranged pvp
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

This thread has nothing to do with melee defenses. It has to do with Ability to cap while defenses are up.
    .. which is more directly related to interrupting nano casting, an advantage reserved for melee users if my experience serves my memory properly (I don't think ranged users can interrupt). So really, your just complaining about an 'advantage' a melee character gets in PVP that ranged do not. The whole 'BS CAPPING' part is just some diversion from the real complaint.

It still has nothign to do with 'balancing' BS, as either side has access to melee professions.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 9th, 2010 at 20:31:25.

.. which is more directly related to interrupting nano casting, an advantage reserved for melee users if my experience serves my memory properly (I don't think ranged users can interrupt). So really, your just complaining about an 'advantage' a melee character gets in PVP that ranged do not. The whole 'BS CAPPING' part is just some diversion from the real complaint.

It still has nothign to do with 'balancing' BS, as either side has access to melee professions.
    You still don't get it do you. You're either thick, or you are facing serious comprehension problems.

Let's try one more time.

When I raise my defense, which is AMS, I can't cap, it gives a message such as:

Can't cap while AMS is running.

When you raise your defense, which is coon + BR + whatnot, you can cap.

Interrupting has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 9th, 2010 at 21:11:54.

When you raise your defense, which is coon + BR + whatnot, you can cap.
    That's several defenses up, not one, as opposed to AMS, which is still way superior to these, even when these are combined and it's fair if you are going to waste them on this only.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Can't cap while AMS is running.
    ... because AMS locks out your nanoskills and capping is an exceution of a nanoskill, which is why melee can interrupt capping and ranged can't. It's got nothing to do with BR and cocoon or whatever else. In fact, a crat can cap, so can an MP. I suspect an NT might be able to do it too with some luck and NS2. It's all about the interruption, not the specific defenses.

So again, that's NOT fundamentally a BS thing, it's related to nanocasting.

And just to point out, now here is the truth, you want to cap with AMS up. Just say it man, we aren't stupid. We can read right though all this "BS Balance PLZ" smokescreen.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 9th, 2010 at 22:39:13.

I love how easy it is to kill someone as a ranged profession when they are capping a point. Perfectly reasonable for some people to not like stopping a capper, especially when they clear those absorbs with a single special, but in the case of a well built toon it is definately an advantage.

If you want, we can stop melee from interrupting players instead? I would be more than happy to beat your ranged profession down with my pets and melee toons and you being more or less screwed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast