Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battlestation balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ... because AMS locks out your nanoskills and capping is an exceution of a nanoskill, which is why melee can interrupt capping and ranged can't. It's got nothing to do with BR and cocoon or whatever else. In fact, a crat can cap, so can an MP. I suspect an NT might be able to do it too with some luck and NS2. It's all about the interruption, not the specific defenses.

So again, that's NOT fundamentally a BS thing, it's related to nanocasting.

And just to point out, now here is the truth, you want to cap with AMS up. Just say it man, we aren't stupid. We can read right though all this "BS Balance PLZ" smokescreen.
    Again, you are wrong.

It's not related to nanoskills. It's a check performed when you click on the cap. The very same check that tells you that you can't cap a point that you already own in fact.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=263903

OK so you think it makes sense for this thread to exist, based on the fact that someone from FC spend some time to develop this intentional check ... and BTW< what that has to do with BS balance and defenses, I'm still not sure, other than you want to cap points under AMS, despite the conscious decision by FC to disable that ability with a check.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 10th, 2010 at 00:02:23.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    OK so you think it makes sense for this thread to exist, based on the fact that someone from FC spend some time to develop this intentional check ... and BTW< what that has to do with BS balance and defenses, I'm still not sure, other than you want to cap points under AMS, despite the conscious decision by FC to disable that ability with a check.
    Someone from FC also invented 72 hours Perk Resets... then they changed it.
    Your point is moot.

Anyway, I've made my point in the OP, as well as in subsequent threads. Up to FC to decide what is good what isn't.

@Klod

Remember that reflects will be capped. While I'm not sure I agree with your statement but I can understand it today, I'm sure I will disagree once the cap will take effect.

If you are trying to say that soldiers not being able to cap with AMS is as stupid as 72 hour perk resets, that's worth a bump.

Not very professional to attempt to troll, Obtena.

If that was an attempt to troll, you might have a point. Unfortunately, it's just truth. 72 hour perk resets are dumb, not being able to cap with AMS isn't, though the premise you should be able to because melee can and that's some serious BS imbalance is.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 10th, 2010 at 02:02:47.

Isnt FC making attempts to lvl out melee/rangded? Maybe this does need to be changed.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I think was initially part of the melee can hit while moving/and has interupts, but ranged has ranged, and better specials thing.

If ranged gets interupt, I think brawl should get a double/triple combo-hit modifier, so it could cap hits on peeps.

this game will be beyond broken if FC listens to all the crap people post here.

Not directed at this thread or a specific post, just.. people cant see past their own nose.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Isnt FC making attempts to lvl out melee/rangded? Maybe this does need to be changed.
    Definately true, but most of those balances would not be beneficial in the case of a 15 second stun-type effect that can be broken.

The real complaint seems to have turned into soldiers being able to cap under AMS. Considering how easy it is to interrupt a soldier, far easier than any profession with high evades or cocoon, I never really saw an issue with it. It would actually make melee defenders that much more crucial and I cannot be opposed to this.

Then there is the fact that soldiers can kill someone whom they were forced to AMS against, and then they have to wait how long before they can actually assist the side they just helped? Nothing is sadder than the:

Battllestation: Soldier "Can someone cap C please? No defenders left here but I cannot cap because of AMS"

APT and Mech are not usefull ?

ok, remove them from game
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The real complaint seems to have turned into soldiers being able to cap under AMS. Considering how easy it is to interrupt a soldier, far easier than any profession with high evades or cocoon, I never really saw an issue with it. It would actually make melee defenders that much more crucial and I cannot be opposed to this.

Then there is the fact that soldiers can kill someone whom they were forced to AMS against, and then they have to wait how long before they can actually assist the side they just helped? Nothing is sadder than the:

Battllestation: Soldier "Can someone cap C please? No defenders left here but I cannot cap because of AMS"
    Well, I raised a number of issues in the OP, and not being able to cap under AMS is there from the start in this thread. It's not something new or that's changed.
    People have just been discussing various topics in this very thread.

About your example, very true, that happens a lot.

A capping enforcer at C, seeing a soldier from the opposite faction, will force the soldier to AMS, so the cap will not change for another 80 seconds, then will rage and run. The enforcer is doing the right (smart) thing according to mechanics. What I'm saying is that the mechanics need to be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    this game will be beyond broken if FC listens to all the crap people post here.

Not directed at this thread or a specific post, just.. people cant see past their own nose.
    Funny. I thought the same thing. Lots of awesome player suggestions out there but for every good one there seem to be 2 ludicrous ones. Don't wanna be in fc shoes sorting through them.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123