Page 1 of 37 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Null Space Disruptor

Wink Null Space Disruptor

This is a follow up thread to the soldier forum about it http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=579888

I needed to be at home with friends to discuss it first ...and we did.

We had pros and cons ....and trollers and people who don't know wtf they are talking about ...but yes ...I start to see consensus.

I now would like to open it and discuss it further.

Basically us soldiers would like, Null Space Disruptor be seriously nerfed or removed from the game.

It shouldn't be possible that a single tick of an aura ..removes an entire defense. Making you ...naked. That should not happen in any "BALANCED" game.

I'm trusting you guys will see the benefit for the game.

What if worked in a more gradual fashion?

- It would pulse a little bit faster (~10 seconds), and last a little bit longer (~35 seconds), but each pulse only stripped 15% reflects.

- The pulses would stack with each other, so 2x hit would mean -30%, 3x would mean -45%.

- This would allow the soldier a reasonable chance to escape without being instantly pwned, but still gives the engineer a tactical advantage because it forces the soldier to retreat.

It shouldn't be possible that a single tick of an aura ..removes an entire defense.
    AMS + ofab back = 87
    NSD = -48

You still end up with 39 %

Tbh i don't think NSD is what makes hate eng so much, if it wasnt for the specials absorbs i'm sure you would pierce a eng with FA's , burst , as's, before he did you.

Cheers,
    António

Quote Originally Posted by Uncey View Post
    AMS + ofab back = 87
    NSD = -48

You still end up with 39 %

Tbh i don't think NSD is what makes hate eng so much, if it wasnt for the specials absorbs i'm sure you would pierce a eng with FA's , burst , as's, before he did you.

Cheers,
    António
    Ok... bring me any toon with 39% reflects as YOUR ONLY DEFENSE... I will show you how you hit reclaim in less than 30 seconds guaranteed. And I will show you with a number of different profs.

I think all 3 post are great guys. I agree with this post and huge bump!

It should see a nerf, roughly ~15% less reflects it takes(I said -30, maybe -25).

As for Uncey, 39% is only slight better then SL reflects that aren't AMS. But you nailed a HUGE HUGE HUGE point.

NSD is only one major flaw, in which Engis use to really break PvP.

Special absorb, hard hitting pets (lol evade professions?), bio perk line??? Just too much goodies, and decent reflects + armor.

No specials, poop regular dmg (makes my MA have sad crits)... perks are all you got. And it seems most professions can't rely on perks for kills. Engis truly break PVP balance, and NSD is only the tip of the iceberg. Some form of balance to them needs to take place.
    Last edited by tharss; Aug 31st, 2010 at 22:34:34.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Make the NR check higher (its obvious what profession its intended against, but soldiers have horrid NR) to give us soldiers a chance to resist it should we go the route of higher NR setups.

Lower the duration, and make the reflects -25~ or something to that effect. You'll see with anything less than about 70 soldiers will still go down somewhat quickly, and with each several % that "quickly" turns into "fast" and eventually "instantly" as it currently is right now.

A few points as well to support this..

1. Engineers do not need NSD in order to kill soldiers. I've dueled a couple of engis who agreed to no NSD, 2 pets + engineer spanking you hurts still, even through 84% reflects. Bio Regrowth, Cocoon, and Spec blockers is enough to negate a soldiers entire perk alpha, as well as absorbing all of our specials. Once or twice the duel i might get lucky and land one or two specials after ripping all 7 blockers, but just as quickly as i start to ready my alpha when I see that i've ripped past it, the blockers have refreshed.

2. Right now NSD is on par with the old borrow reflect, current Remedy Inhibitor, and things like slowdown. Whether or not it literally removes every last % of reflect, i've had AMS up and an engi will walk by, the snare aura will keep me in place, he will insta-cast NSD, and in less than 6 seconds (the time it takes to use all the pistol perks) I have dropped.

3. All the paper pvp tactics in the world that could supposedly save you from this, will not ever truely give you a chance against an engineer as a soldier, at best you can run away but if the engineer has the snare aura, or root grafts, or the fact alone engi's can out run soldiers right now, you are toast.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Once NSD is fixed.. we want RI to be fixed too.

There isn't a single soldier that relies on RI....but there are many engis/agents that make NSD a major def for them...other than Coon, Bior...7 blockers....

...pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    ... you are toast.
    I don't think that was a good way to advertise soldiers :P

I'll remember never to level mine to 220, S10 is where he'll stay forever.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I don't think that was a good way to advertise soldiers :P

I'll remember never to level mine to 220, S10 is where he'll stay forever.
    It was perfect way to advertise soldiers....sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    It was perfect way to advertise soldiers....sorry.
    Yeah, I guess the brutal truth is the only way to advertise.

I knew Techtoxic would troll, he loves it too much :P
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Trade ya my NSD for more blockers, otherwise don't touch my NSD.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Tehevolz View Post
    Trade ya my NSD for more blockers, otherwise don't touch my NSD.
    Finally someone that counts...is responding..

and his request gets all my respect..

Why not bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Ok... bring me any toon with 39% reflects as YOUR ONLY DEFENSE... I will show you how you hit reclaim in less than 30 seconds guaranteed. And I will show you with a number of different profs.

First of all, your spamming neutnet like crazy on rk2 requesting only soldiers to look at it, yea thats very objective.

now the real deal, Soldiers get how many specials a minute on a SMG setup? 10x Flingshot, 6x burst, 5x FA. so just if you time nicely, you can disable the spec blocks in 12 seconds!!! then drop a FA+flingshot+burst on the engi, his cocoon breaks on the FA, so your flinshot and burst go through! this all in 22 seconds. you just disabled the engi's cocoon, AND spec blockers in 22 secs. drop some of your perks, then at 33 secs your FA is up and finish it. now this seems perfect, ain't it? now ofcourse you might not win every fight with a engi by following this awesome guide, but i do think it describes how you can kill engi's, infact with abit of kiting you could disable the pets, dodge NSD and even get an easyer kill.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    There are only facts there, well the last bit about the FA finishing it, might not be entirely through depending on the sold and engi, but all above there are facts.

[Neutnet9]: [Events] Soldiers please check http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...=1#post5849890 [Ocene]
    Trust me.. there isn't anyway your soldier can win against my engi.

and that neutnet is to make soldiers come here react to NSD making their life miserable.

really? another one man? i guess you love showing your pro skills
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

For infinite blockers (or practically infinite) i would trade NSD. nothing less, but what are you guys be trading for?

and i highly doubt i could represent all of engi's on this call.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Engi vs soldier is lose/lose with or without NSD for the soldier, so why the QQ threads?

And just to refute a few points brought up:

1. FC doesn't balance or whatever for duels/1vs1 pvp, so that's moot.
    2. 8m range makes actually landing it a bit harder than some think, especially if you move around. If you expect to sit and tank and engi and his pets, you should die, simple as that.
    3. All this talk of snares/grafts etc, sure it's paper pvp but one FM and MoR and you're good, snare is gone and it won't land again before you're gone with a 20sec tick.
    Last edited by Adva; Sep 1st, 2010 at 00:21:43.

Let's call an orange an ..orange.

FC can't balance for duels or 1/1 cause FC doesn't have the knowledge in pvp to do it.

While that's up for debate, it doesn't negate the fact that with or without this nano, an engi will beat a soldier one on one. Hence why I'm wondering why all the fuss is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    While that's up for debate, it doesn't negate the fact that with or without this nano, an engi will beat a soldier one on one. Hence why I'm wondering why all the fuss is being made.
    Well, it's a first step.

NSD removed and let the pvpers decide what is balanced next.

Page 1 of 37 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast