Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evades - How good should they be

I got 3600ish AR and i can almost never hit any Adv/Fixer/Crat/Shade/MA.

It's really depressing.

I d like to know what you mean by " I can almost never hit' // "I never hit"

I ve got 2800ish AR... and I hit fixers and advi "some"... sure I miss a lot, but I hit some.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Huminus View Post
    But its frustrating if someone plays in god mode. Even with only 1 in 3 bullets hitting the target its nearly impossible to get him down, but at least you have a chance.
    It's always funny to me to hear people talk about the godliness of evade profs before they roll one... and then afterwards, getting to hear all their complaints about how sucky evades can be.

Absolutely, evades can be awesome. And they can also suck so bad it makes you ask the oft asked question of whether or not the latest patch broke evades somehow.

I have tanked 12man mobs on my fixer with no doc support (after the enf died and the docs followed) until the docs were able to rezz some and get back in... I have tanked close to half of db1 with just hots to keep me alive (and before the semi-recent updates to hots) .... and I have died to a Neretva trash mob that just kept hitting me, despite having 3300 raw evades and 3k aad. Those same types of scenarios play out regularly in pvp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Azama View Post

It's really depressing.
    I can and have killed other evade profs, without using AS, with 3.3k-ish AR, and yes, that 3.3k number includes the -250 from LICC. And considering I usually run around with 2.9k-ish AR, just the extra 150-200 from the css someone loaned me, was extremely noticeable. I'd be very surprised if an additional 300 AR wouldn't result in the same type of jump in effective shots.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

useless topic because nonevaders will always says that evades are too high and evaders will always want more, i am sol and yes, with 3650 ar and 2460 fa i am missing fulllautos and everything all the time, so i want evades to be reduced, because there is just no way how to hit high end evaders, actualy even enfs/traders/NT/keepers must have their evades debuffed by perks before i can land some serious damage.

on the other hand, if evades will be reduced, we will start landing huge FAs everytime and they will become useless.
    Shadecrash/Drcrash/Crashcz
    [Come Get Some] - Supersonic Electronic
    set

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    I d like to know what you mean by " I can almost never hit' // "I never hit"

I ve got 2800ish AR... and I hit fixers and advi "some"... sure I miss a lot, but I hit some.
    Im thinking Azama is talking about perking them. Can you perk anyone with your 2800 AR? I'm not talking about nano based perks either. I know that Full Auto will miss a lot on evade profs and that is a soldier's main attack.

But if you want to kill evade profs as a soldier you need to use a KEC3. What will happen in the balance update when they nerf the crap out of AS?
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Well my example was a 75er solie (and no.. no gimp) not hitting a level 90 crat.
    That crat will not have the fancy 12er/D1/D2/Hollow Island buffs and only half of the mentioned perks.

I although know a 150er enfo (no gimp either) with Chally not hitting a 174er NT on BS (no NS or NSII running). He didn´t even bother to move out of range...

If the perk actions are the answer, than ok. But still the question: Should it be that way?
    I have no problem missing 75% of the time... but missing 100% of the time is stupid.

Work on your AR ? Don't go for an evader with 15 more lvl? Seriously...... The fact you are complaining is just wrong & stupid.

It's really depressing.
    If you're not hitting shades or advies you don't have 3600 ar.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 04:44:27.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Even MAs tbh ...
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

It's really depressing.
    You need to press "q".
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Im thinking Azama is talking about perking them. Can you perk anyone with your 2800 AR? I'm not talking about nano based perks either.
    Then Azama should have writen "perk" instead of "hit"

with 2.8k AR, 608ish of those coming from AAO, I cant perk any fixer, cant perk advi / MA / shades/ crats when they have the defense perk(s) runing, but can perk some of those and most of the other with AI perks and pistol perks. Still...

With rebalance counting AAO once for AI perks, and pistol perks going back to 100% I m not sure I ll perk anyone except 1 or 2 doc and sold ...

The problem with prof relying on evades only or mainly, it's they are very difficult to balance for FC...

Either the get hit / perked and they fall very low, or they are unperkable, and hit very seldom, and they raise high in survivability.(once AS gets nerfed)
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Either the get hit / perked and they fall very low, or they are unperkable, and hit very seldom, and they raise high in survivability.(once AS gets nerfed)
    Or they get hit very seldom under DoF, then get hit/perked more, seem to fall low but use heals, get hit some more, pop coon, see their coon go down and their hp fall again, use another heal, get at half hp, at which point DoF has refreshed. Rince and repeat. See what I mean?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Or they get hit very seldom under DoF, then get hit/perked more, seem to fall low but use heals, get hit some more, pop coon, see their coon go down and their hp fall again, use another heal, get at half hp, at which point DoF has refreshed. Rince and repeat. See what I mean?
    oh yeah I see...

WTB Acro/bioshielding / heals on my crat

I was talking about prof relying only or mainly on evades.
    not adives that have evades, heals and absorb if ever they need to use it.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

oh yeah I see...

WTB Acro/bioshielding / heals on my crat
    Enter the queue, NTs first!
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Enter the queue, NTs first!
    sure

Can I have NBS/NGB meanwhile ?
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    just the extra 150-200 from the css someone loaned me, was extremely noticeable. I'd be very surprised if an additional 300 AR wouldn't result in the same type of jump in effective shots.
    Yes, thats not balanced. If on level 220 600 attackrating is all between "I always get hit" and "I never get hit" then you will never get a balanced system.

Make it 1200 attackrating between "I always get hit" and "I never get hit" and perhaps change "I always get hit" to "80% of all attacks hit" and change "I never get hit" to 20% of all attacks hit and you can start to balance the system.

Evades and NR are nothing but "partial defenses" anyway. Just like AR is just a "partial offense", it's a matter of luck and percentage. Regarding hits anyway. We people do our best to wrestle with luck and %. It works for and against you.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

The agg-def bar modifies the effectiveness of defense. Maybe it should be reworked so that it modifies both defense and offense. This way you have to make a choice whether to have full defense or full offense. The modifications would need to be scaled to todays defense and offense values. And the change between full def and full agg would need to be noticable.
    General of First Order

@OP

STOP THE QQing.

You only tried to hit this guy 3000 times....and missed it all...where's the panic.

Yes and you got 3800 AR.. in fact at 4.3K it's the same... no need to whine..2500+ FA skill...same.

Advys/Fixers/Crats etc were blessed by IDDQD back in 3500 BC, no need to QQ cause it didn't change. Adapt.

Stop the QQ threads guys.. even though something is seriously wrong with AAD.

Heh, Ocene. I see what you did there dawg.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast