Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    As I said, the VP farmers won. Ppl in medsuits get to set the direction of the game while long time, dedicated players who actually play these ranges to have fun pvp get crapped on.

Awesome job FC!
    which is why they are opening up the new pvp playfield....

*edit* oh, and btw, dont judge how long someone has been playing by the forum join date, which it appears you are doing here.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Sep 4th, 2010 at 06:35:30.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Eleven pages already. Keep this up and people might just accept the lack of visible progress on the engine.

I like the changes for the most part will be fun to kill more people and trust me it will bring more people to BS.

The only changes I would consider is raising the upper end of 100-149 to 150 which would allow that BS to run consistently.... Raising 61-99 too 61-100 seems like a fine idea until you consider the token-board advantage.

Considering the opening of a new APF zone for TL6's and the fact that people are alreay talking about making pvm twinks for that range I would not epect the loss of the 150s to be that great in the not to distant future.

I am sure Means and crew considered all the 175-200 locked items and would happily change them in the name of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    New Level ranges:

1-30
    31-60
    61-99
    100-149
    150-200
    201-220
    Scenario 1: lvl 30 dual beater enf running and yelling ''who's next?''
    Scenario 2: lvl 60 twink with ql 200 implants counting enemies missed hits/countered programs
    Scenario 3: 60/70ish vs 80/90ish - most balanced but still..
    Scenario 4: lvl 116 tower twinks vs 126 ones
    Scenario 5: lvl 150 - You tried to look cool but failed..
    lvl 200 - Forces you NCU with ''Go back to s10!Now!''
    Scenario 6: lvl 201: ''Need some VPs, tired of leeching inf missions''
    lvl 220: You cannot perform this action, target is already dead! U is teh best!

Once upon a time this game used to be cool..pvp wise.

When changes like these come along, it acts as a window for me. A window into the personalities and intellect of people who are sitting on top of a very ironic high horse. Let me explain:

These people come on here, sees the level-range-changes for BS and go:

"Haha good! Now those tl5 twinks can level to 200 or shut up"
    or
    "Haha, finally FC kicked those tl5 twinks in the ass!"
    And so on.

So let me ask you, oh righteous ones:

Where does your attitude and logic come from when it comes to existing twinks? You don't like them? People that enjoy PvP will make twinks that are effective and they will do so at the level range where they can be of most use. Changing the level range for BS will change the usefulness these twinks have. Those that PvP will eventually make new twinks to fit these new level ranges.

So why are you so happy that FC is annoying people with tl5 twinks? What do you think you have gained by this change? What's with all the gloating? You act as if there will be no more twinks after this change. The fact is, nothing much will change at all. The only difference is that PVP'ers will have a couple more twinks to fit the new level ranges (if they can be bothered) and keep the old twinks mostly for NW. Nothing will change for you. The only change is that people that PvP a lot will either do some extra work to try and stay viable with these new level ranges or they wont bother and quit or whatever.

So keeping that in mind, you guys are basically mocking these PvP'ers for no other reason than to.. be a douche?

Let's turn this around a bit. I bet a lot of those that mock twinks have their own PVM twinks for totw or formans and so on. I bet you all these PvM twinks are twinked at 60 and 100 right? So if FC changed the level cap and content inside these instances a lot so that your 60 and 100 twinks became underpowered for their purpose, would people get to mock you by saying "haha finally FC kicked those stupid PVM-twinks asses. Let's point and laugh at them!" (Keep in mind that such instance-twinks cost 2 dollars while a good tl5 twink costs your house, dog, 2 arms and a lot of time and head scratching)

No.. why would anyone say that to you? People gain nothing by it and they would only look like douche-bags in the process if they did.

PvP is a major part of this game for a lot of people and for some,it's almost the entire reason they play the game. So it's only natural to make twinks that serve that purpose. Are you mocking them for that?

FunCom created a TWINK-game. They specifically designed it so that twinking would be, not only possible, but HIGHLY rewarding in every single way (and just fyi, this does not mean that the game was designed only for twinking, I never said it was, so if you thought I did, then here's your personal disclaimer). So if you hate twinks then hate FC for "forcing you" to play their twink-friendly game and leave random people that put a lot of work and money into their chars a break. It's only natural that they would want to say something when they feel strongly affected by this change.

So, to ask one last time, what exactly is the thinking behind mocking people for no other apparent reason than the fact that things became very annoying for them? What is it? You just enjoy pointing and laughing at people that are annoyed? Is this your logical extension of your "PvP'ers are all idiots" mentality that you somehow managed to drag all the way onto that ironic high horse of yours?

I just don't get it
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Sep 4th, 2010 at 09:07:01.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Cyreidan View Post
    That's why AO sucks these days, none care AO have history/story and sided for reason...
    Well, looks like you havent been around long enough to know that it never mattered to most people (which I think is sad) but NW is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Always was, and will continue to be so in its current shape and with the current dwindling player base.

The real reason you're upset is, admit it, you fear fragmentation because it will weaken clan at certain strong TLs, right? Right.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Ok means after alot of thought of where the twink levels are and and the problem with the ranges you put up as listed by so many I am making this suggesting.

1-25 subway twinks would be the top dogs
    26-60 totw twinks would be top dogs and possibly make this BS run a lot.
    61-100 Given the foreman twinks a place to be top dogs
    101-150 S10 twinks are top dogs and don't have to worry about fighting 200's
    151-200 200 is the top froob and well it is a good level to twink
    201-219 just makes sense.
    220 face it at 220 endgame setups can over power 219's. A place for the top dogs to go and fight.
    These ranges makes more sense to me, in that those that will twink for PvM encounters targetted at 150 and 200 will be at the upper end of the level range.

So even if they're twinked for PvM they are at least at the upper end, meaning they have a better chance against lower level PvP twinks.

Essentially making the difference between PvP and Pvm less, which imo would be a HUGE step in order to make more people want to go an do PvP for fun rather as a necessity to gain VP.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

200 / 30 / 70 twinks 4tw!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline
    waah QQ waah 2 arms cat dog house waaah leg cat dog dog waaaah QQ dog
    You want to stay on top of the food chain? Build a 200 twink. Emo walls of text are ugly.

Big mistake.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    You want to stay on top of the food chain? Build a 200 twink. Emo walls of text are ugly.
    I don't have any twinks so no, I don't. Walls of texts will of course hurt if you don't understand what the text says.

I'm specifically asking why people seem to take such joy in the fact that other peopel now have extra work infront of them and will have partially wasted credits and time behind them once this change hits live servers.

I'm specifically asking about that attitude from one group of people towards another group of people.

If you chose to read that as me personally wanting to stay on top of some food chain and that I or anyone else can just make a 200 twink to solve everything, then you have failed at reading my post and that's your problem not mine. This is why I always ask myself why I bother writing anything at all here. Very few people understand what I say and the ones that do usually just say so in a PM because they don't want to stick their necks out publicly and get into the same kind of problem I get into from people like you

You should also note that I have not posted any negative or positive personal opinions about this new change at all. I have only said one thing so far in this thread and that was that it was "interesting" and that it would be interesting to see how it plays out ingame. I have only posted my opinion about the attitude shown by one group of people towards another group of people. However such nuances in my posts are completely lost on the majority of people that choose to reply to my posts.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Sep 4th, 2010 at 10:34:47.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline
    other peopel now have extra work infront of them and will have partially wasted credits and time behind them once this change hits live servers.
    Why should they get some special treatment? Very low level twinks designed around GSF/HnQ will be history, PVMers wont be able to use a S10 twink (costing more than some "2 dollars") in S7. Are you telling me that some epeen rubbing addict should just QQ his way to top of the food chain? It's just BS, they can still use those TL5s for NW.
    Adapt or die.

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Why should they get some special treatment? Very low level twinks designed around GSF/HnQ will be history, PVMers wont be able to use a S10 twink (costing more than some "2 dollars") in S7. Are you telling me that some epeen rubbing addict should just QQ his way to top of the food chain? It's just BS, they can still use those TL5s for NW.
    Adapt or die.
    Look dude, I'm not going to waste my time on you if you don't even bother to read the post you are commenting on so fiercely.

I have not said anything about anyone being owed any special treatment, where did you get that random thing from? Again, I'm talking about one group of people pointing and laughing at another group of people for no good reason. It's just one group of people being annoyed by something and another group of people pointing and laughing at them. I'm just asking why they do this. I have not said anything about whether or not PvP'ers being annoyed is justified or not or a good thing or a bad thing or whatever.

I also specifically said that PvP'ers will make new twinks (at 200 for example) to suit the new level ranges for BS and that they can use their old chars mainly for NW.... so why are you now saying that back to me as if that would be news to me?

Oh that's right.. because you didn't read the post you are currently whining about.

This is my last reply to you though. I have repeated myself enough now.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Wrangel im gonna give you your answer. The answer you already know. The answer to the question you are asking, not because you want an answer but because you are trying to point the error of their ways to those who are making fun.

Most of the twinks make fun of all other players when they wtfpwnlolzspawncamp in the BSs. Now is the turn of the wtfpwnlolzspawncamped ones. Its called retribution.

Note: I consider the whole BS thing an idiotic mess that should not exist. It is bad game design to force players into a situation that most try to avoid at all cost. The developers, coming from the small "elite" PvP players group themselves, try to make PvP viable at all cost. They have failed and will continue to do so because they are using the wrong basic premisses.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Wrangel im gonna give you your answer. The answer you already know. The answer to the question you are asking, not because you want an answer but because you are trying to point the error of their ways to those who are making fun.

Most of the twinks make fun of all other players when they wtfpwnlolzspawncamp in the BSs. Now is the turn of the wtfpwnlolzspawncamped ones. Its called retribution.

Note: I consider the whole BS thing an idiotic mess that should not exist. It is bad game design to force players into a situation that most try to avoid at all cost. The developers, coming from the small "elite" PvP players group themselves, try to make PvP viable at all cost. They have failed and will continue to do so because they are using the wrong basic premisses.
    Ah, thank you
    That was actually a very good answer
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Ok means after alot of thought of where the twink levels are and and the problem with the ranges you put up as listed by so many I am making this suggesting.

220 face it at 220 endgame setups can over power 219's. A place for the top dogs to go and fight.
    Nice changes to BS, but I would prefer the above suggestion even more. The progression seems more balanced an linear overall. Gives those who are interested in collecting vp as they level up a good chance that the BS will be up an running. Coupled with daily mission this is just pure gold. For those who want the power, they can always go for the top level ranges in that given BS bracket.

Definately a smoother transition for those that want to level up to 220 and not have to stop along the way for a few weeks-month to accumulate what they need in vp. Thumbs up here, keep up the good work.

im not sure if combining the 150-174 with 175-200 range will do any good

and im not talking about 174s, they were useless anywere outside BS or Duel anyways, but hordes of 200s will kinda screw up those who made NW toons in the 160-164 range

besides, a BS were the lowest lvl toon cant attack the highest and vice versa? look 150s vs 200s ( lowest a 200 can attack is 159 fyi )

seems to me like a bad idea, one that you didnt think trough good enough

this change will both mess up tl5 BS and tl5 NW, good way to go FC (not)

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Ruining? Not at all. I doubt many will be stupid enough to level to 200.

(,,,).

like there was no stupid enuff ppl to lvl up to 174? the whole duel crowd will be 200, 200 will become the new "BS Noob" lvl

PS: the thing that seems to be completely not tought trough in the 150-200 range is HHAB,,, tl5 vs t6 simply cant be ballanced fairly, thus the best thing to do is too keep those 2 ranges separated
    Last edited by Insane666; Sep 4th, 2010 at 11:43:59.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

I actually like these level ranges allot... They seem fairly perfect imo.. O.o

Except for the 220-220 BS, it will run but it will be rare 201-220 makes more sense, it gives 201-210 a chanse to get some VP as opposed to now and it will allow for bigger TL7 battles in the BS, more turrets/mechs etc... Other then that i like the ranges ^^

Eventually the training wheels will have to come of and preferably before your at the end
    Last edited by Rktim; Sep 4th, 2010 at 11:36:36.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

50-70
    70-115
    116-160
    160-200
    imo
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

I can understand rolling/twinking a toon for NW, but do ppl really fix a toon just for BS? The ttl 5 twinks wont be able to pull "double duty" anymore, but its not the end of the world. My 150 is fixed in sec 10 because I make gobs of credz there, and I BS on Gun when Im bored. Im not critisizing anyone who does, I just dont get it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast