Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I can understand rolling/twinking a toon for NW, but do ppl really fix a toon just for BS? The ttl 5 twinks wont be able to pull "double duty" anymore, but its not the end of the world. My 150 is fixed in sec 10 because I make gobs of credz there, and I BS on Gun when Im bored. Im not critisizing anyone who does, I just dont get it.
    yes, every single 174 is "purely for BS or Duels" becouse thats al they are good for, same will be 200s

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I want to start off by sincerely thanking FC for these changes as they will make it so much easier for me to quit this game.

Am I prepared to remake my tl5 toons so that they can be competetive in tl5 bs where 99% of the pvp at that level happens?

Not a chance.

Are most ppl? I doubt it.

Is this going to attract new players somehow? Not a chance.

Goodbye and goodnight.

^this

FC shows again that they dont have any interest in twink pvp, nor any knowledge about it neither ( from a tl5 perspective, the changes in lower tl's might be a good change )

sad but seems true
    Last edited by Insane666; Sep 4th, 2010 at 11:58:25.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

OH NO! The game is not 100% stable! Just be glad that it's been stable for so long and enjoy the time you spent as a super god at that level range.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    OH NO! The game is not 100% stable! Just be glad that it's been stable for so long and enjoy the time you spent as a super god at that level range.
    The big poop is at tl5. I personally don't play any class that is considered among top 3 at that level. My toons are 165 and 166. What I don't want is exactly what you are yapping about, gods in tl5 bs. Which is exactly what we will get with ppl getting 300 combined, gth, ss, le70, ai 30 etc and pit them against 150-174's.

As for the games stability. Given how much time ppl put into tweaking their chars it's perfectly normal to object to changes that will make them next to useless in the environment for which they were intended.

So far I haven't heard anyone say "yay I'll love to remake my toon from the ground up and spend another 2 bil on it JUST so I can be as competetive as I already am". A much more likely scenario is that ppl will quit tl5 BS altogether when the lameness of all the listed op'd items/perks/nanos that 200 toons get over regular tl5 twinks starts to show. Which it will inside a month or so. That will give them one reason less (a big one for many btw) of paying for this expensive game.

And we really don't need more ppl to leave this game, do we?
    Last edited by Noobius76; Sep 4th, 2010 at 13:09:45.

I'm getting more pissed by the minute thinking about this!
    The community, or at least a big part of it has asked for changed level ranges so that tl5 NW could once again bloom and not be 99% DEAD as it has been over the last years.

And what do we get? FC makes the ranges worse inside BS instead so tl5's can't even fight somewhat equally powered toons in there anymore!

How can FC NOT have heard what the community has said and how can they NOT have noticed how TL5 NW is D E A D for years now apart from a random skirmish here and there.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 4th, 2010 at 15:24:45. Reason: removed obscenities

The problem is not that our tl5 twinks will be no more twinks with new BS ranges. We can easy lvl them. Theres not even a money problem cause at 200 propably u cant equip higher AI armor than 175 so everyone can use the same armor. Personaly as a nt will be propably stronger than some other profs.

The problem with new ranges and the reason i dont like them are mainly the following:

1. Now i could play and have fun with my nt either in BS or in towers. Lvl 200 toons have not fun at towers at all and that means less fun for me.

2. I have a sec 10 toon (lvl 150). That toon could participate in BS and have descent results. Ofc wasnt the best there but could kill many other toons. With new ranges ofc he has no chance at all there so again less fun for me.

3. Theres a big chance that BS fights will turn to mech wars cause at least 50% of the participate ppl will dont have any other chance to stay alive but just meching

I really hope FC listens to this suggestion. I agree with everything here, particularly 1-25, 26-60 and 101-150. It makes perfect sense to merge the PvM twink levels with the BS twink levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Ok means after alot of thought of where the twink levels are and and the problem with the ranges you put up as listed by so many I am making this suggesting.

1-25 subway twinks would be the top dogs
    26-60 totw twinks would be top dogs and possibly make this BS run a lot.
    61-100 Given the foreman twinks a place to be top dogs
    101-150 S10 twinks are top dogs and don't have to worry about fighting 200's
    151-200 200 is the top froob and well it is a good level to twink
    201-219 just makes sense.
    220 face it at 220 endgame setups can over power 219's. A place for the top dogs to go and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    The big poop is at tl5. I personally don't play any class that is considered among top 3 at that level. My toons are 165 and 166. What I don't want is exactly what you are yapping about, gods in tl5 bs. Which is exactly what we will get with ppl getting 300 combined, gth, ss, le70, ai 30 etc and pit them against 150-174's.

As for the games stability. Given how much time ppl put into tweaking their chars it's perfectly normal to object to changes that will make them next to useless in the environment for which they were intended.

So far I haven't heard anyone say "yay I'll love to remake my toon from the ground up and spend another 2 bil on it JUST so I can be as competetive as I already am". A much more likely scenario is that ppl will quit tl5 BS altogether when the lameness of all the listed op'd items/perks/nanos that 200 toons get over regular tl5 twinks starts to show. Which it will inside a month or so. That will give them one reason less (a big one for many btw) of paying for this expensive game.

And we really don't need more ppl to leave this game, do we?
    I don't play TL5 at all, it's a transitional face on the way to endgame, which is the only thing that really matters. Lower than that is just work in progress and I don't get why you would sit around with no progress to be made. Pvp on the way to 220 should be a side dish for a bit of relaxed fun here and there, not some main thing. If that's what you choose to make it, then you should be ready to accept the consequences of that choice.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I don't play TL5 at all, it's a transitional face on the way to endgame, which is the only thing that really matters. Lower than that is just work in progress and I don't get why you would sit around with no progress to be made. Pvp on the way to 220 should be a side dish for a bit of relaxed fun here and there, not some main thing.
    Err, just because you play the game a certain way doesn't mean that other people have to or should. I have no problems with people who think of 1-219 as "just work in progress" but I have equally little problems with people who stop at any specific level to have fun there. I also want to point out that PvP at 1-219 is in my eyes not just a side-dish and should not be considered as such. People play AO and are part of the side conflict just as much at 165 as they are at 220. What level you are should not matter at all in how you play the game. If people twink out at 220 and pvp there then they should feel and do the same way about it at any other level if they so wish. 220 is max level in AO, nothing more. It doesn't hold any other significance than simply being the last level.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Sep 4th, 2010 at 13:27:35.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I don't play TL5 at all, it's a transitional face on the way to endgame, which is the only thing that really matters. Lower than that is just work in progress and I don't get why you would sit around with no progress to be made. Pvp on the way to 220 should be a side dish for a bit of relaxed fun here and there, not some main thing. If that's what you choose to make it, then you should be ready to accept the consequences of that choice.
    You have a lot to say about TL5, for not participating in it at all. You would have a different perspective if you had a TL5 toon and had fun with it. Now consider all of a sudden that goes down the drain for no real reason. Wouldn't that upset you a little, when everything was fine before?

The way I see it from a RK2 perspective, is that TL5 is very active in PVP, a lot more than TL7 in fact.

In NW, Omnis dominate TL7, however Clans dominate TL5. Both Battlestations (210-220, and 150-174) run fairly often.

The few "insane" twinks I talked to about the changes (164-170s) generally responded: "Cool, I will be able to kill more people" or "Cool, I'll make a 200 twink too", or "doesn't matter, I've already killed TL7s with my TL5".

Imo, if those people rock now, they will continue to rock tomorrow. All they will do is adapt to a new situation, as they have done numerous number of times in the past already.

What will not happen though, is that someone that PLed to 200, and goes into BS with omni-meds, thinking he/she will be able to kill TL5 twinks, will get a brutal wake up call.

My 2 cents.

I don't play TL5 at all
    And that really shows. But feel free to spread your meaningless opinions about things you dont even know about.

Can we get one more slot on paid accounts? :/ Of course for paid points.
    I am totally tired from AO when I cant make new toons and it isn't worth to pay more then one account with current NW mechanics.
    You never know when your friends leave this game when they see same problems as me and still none solves them.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Sep 4th, 2010 at 14:01:12.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

150-189
    190-214
    215-220

Please...
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    150-189
    190-214
    215-220

Please...
    Sounds more reasonable, though i doubt 190-214 would run much.

I can already imagine some full Enhanced Jathos wearing lvl 200 doc with 17k hp, and nearly 2k NR with HHAB at tl5 BS tanking couple teams of 150s.

Neither do i like the aspect of having to grind LE70 if one decides to make one of those new 200 twinks. And that LE70 really makes the biggest difference in them, current TL5 ones get researchs up to 6, lvl 200 to to 10, and some of those are really powerful, especially procs and such there.

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    And that really shows. But feel free to spread your meaningless opinions about things you dont even know about.
    No such thing as meaningless opinions. Locked lvl pvp is just silly and the complete inbalance in characters at such level puts it on sad display. With a bit more differentiation in character levels, more fun can be had by all. The challenge of a lvl 174 uber twink fighting a not as uber twinked lvl 200 character, and a bunch of other things to take into consideration. You just disregard everything because you're so scared of changes and don't want to react to them. I welcome pretty much any change because stability is boring.
    The Red Brotherhood

150-189
    190-214
    215-220

Please...
    Or one that strictly follows the TLs? Either are better than what FC has proposed.
    Last edited by Joehoo725; Sep 4th, 2010 at 14:16:21.

No such thing as meaningless opinions. Locked lvl pvp is just silly and the complete inbalance in characters at such level puts it on sad display. With a bit more differentiation in character levels, more fun can be had by all. The challenge of a lvl 174 uber twink fighting a not as uber twinked lvl 200 character, and a bunch of other things to take into consideration. You just disregard everything because you're so scared of changes and don't want to react to them. I welcome pretty much any change because stability is boring.
    There is though difference in opinion that bases on experience in that particular TL for years and opinions that are like Obama-talk: "Jaaaaa change is good, believe in change.". Which is just meaningless political jargon that sounds good but holds no real value.

You also make the assumption the resistance here bases on fear of change. I welcome positive change, but this to me seems bit random and has way too many flaws at the moment if just implemented like this. HHAB and OPness of LE70 research to name few. Also its just matter of time when there will start to pop these huge grind effort lvl 200/LE70/AI30 twinks which will be far superior to lower levels. Especially making the cap between 150s and 200s quite ridicilous.

But, its FC's game, their decision in the end, but my opinion neither is useless on this matter. And it atleast bases on experience, rather than looking down upon lower lvl pvp and making sweeping generalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    Sounds more reasonable, though i doubt 190-214 would run much.

I can already imagine some full Enhanced Jathos wearing lvl 200 doc with 17k hp, and nearly 2k NR with HHAB at tl5 BS tanking couple teams of 150s.

Neither do i like the aspect of having to grind LE70 if one decides to make one of those new 200 twinks. And that LE70 really makes the biggest difference in them, current TL5 ones get researchs up to 6, lvl 200 to to 10, and some of those are really powerful, especially procs and such there.
    Id say closer to 2200-2300 NR Not a prob

AO is a complex world, in which every player is unique, with individual thoughts on what is the best fun!
    If its 220 for you, fair enough, but respect other peoples fun and playstyle and preferences!
    Part of AO's greatest features is the character building, the twinking, the Unique skilling; And of course doing such things takes time and dedication and creativity! Seeing how all this time and effort is made pointless, just because Funcom thinks its time for some completely rediculous changes.. is just SAD!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

AO is a complex world, in which every player is unique, with individual thoughts on what is the best fun!
    If its 220 for you, fair enough, but respect other peoples fun and playstyle and preferences!
    Part of AO's greatest features is the character building, the twinking, the Unique skilling; And of course doing such things takes time and dedication and creativity! Seeing how all this time and effort is made pointless, just because Funcom thinks its time for some completely rediculous changes.. is just SAD!
    When is it made pointless? We all know this game evolves and have seen changes to the level ranges for pvp shift across the game, the maximum dmg possible to deal to players have changed several times, the way we fight has changed drastically over the years. Why bemoan that which is inevitable and part of the reason you pay to play this game?
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast